ACT - Art Culture Tourism has an international outlook and a hyperlocal presence. Marysia Zipser, Dawn Lindson, Inna Schutts with their podcast producer Caron Lyon take a look and WhatsOn and WhatsComing. They are super social so there is usually a guest in the mix. In time a studio audience too.
1. Intro and Welcome
2. Our first guest Matt Turpin
Matt is a prolific feature writer who also dabbles in short fiction, writing plays, filmmaking and ghosting. He runs The Beestonian, a local magazine he co-founded in 2011 and has gone on to be a year-on-year success. Matt was also behind the communications for Nottingham's successful bid to become a UNESCO City of Literature, and currently, works spreading the message about how great Nottingham writers are.
Matt on Twitter
3. In the early days of lockdown, Marysia reached out to the ACT following artists asking what they were up to during lockdown. The responses have been compiled into a brochure to showcase those artists. Aspirations in the creation of digital coffee table books! Marcus Gilmore has formatted and designs the layout. He provided a glimpse now that it is almost 'print-ready', well on-demand print/download via Blurb and Issuu.
4. Our second guest Melvyn Rawlinson
Melvyn is helping Santa in the summer! Primarily an actor, he has worked extensively in many areas of theatre and is a designer, director, puppeteer and maker of puppets and masks.
Melvyn currently divides his time between:
developing links with community events - support worker, project leader
directing, devising and supporting new work and ideas
advisor and tutor to educationalists - In-Service Training days, seminars
actor and puppeteer in schools, theatres and festivals - at home and abroad
self-improvement - "be better at what you're doing today than you were yesterday!"
Melvyn on Linkedin
5. Wrap up and Farewell.
Join Marysia, Inna and Dawn for a lockdown live stream.
ACT records with a Facebook LIVE audience while in lockdown. The show is saved as audio-only and published here for you as a podcast on Anchor.FM
This episode's guests are the creator of the much loved GhostBus, Roberto Alborghetti and jazz singer-songwriter and performer, Jeanie Barton.
Be in the audience, comment and share your lockdown life.
- Social Distancing
- Home Schooling
- Open for business
and of course, the What's On Digital picks from the team.
ACT Blog - https://www.artculturetourism.co.uk/blog
Roberto Alborghetti - ACT podcast blog post - https://bit.ly/3d73zyY
Jeanie Barton - https://jeaniebarton.com/
ACT WhatsOnDigital is recorded with a live audience (in lockdown that is the Facebook Page for live comments and reaction through the use of StreamYard as our virtual studio.
Join Marysia, Inna, Dawn, our newest ACTer David and Marcus as well as our guests for this episode Justin Donne and introducing our Last Word storytelling slot this month Robin Hood Experience's Adam Greenwood will end the show.
We are interested to receive in the comments WhatOnDigitally in your lockdown landscape.
Include a link where you can. You can even leave a voice segment.
LINK TO FOLLOW
First ACT #PivotToDigital event.
This is now WhatsOnDigital, the studio audience in is the Facebook page when we record and the show is extracted as an audio podcast to be published here. This was a podcast called WhatsOnLocal recorded in a local cafe with a studio audience. One day it will be so again! #PivotToPhysical!
In this episode
Intro - A lot has happened since light Night!
Inna Schutts - Edinburgh Zoo webcams are LIVE #KitKatPanda!!! https://www.edinburghzoo.org.uk/webcams
Marysia Zipser - Talking to Sarah Gristwood @sarahgristwood touching on forgotten women in history.
About Sarah - http://sarahgristwood.com Historical biographer, sometimes film journalist, occasional tv talker. Women's history & the sixteenth century. #Amazing
Marcus Gilmore - Starting off what is to be a regular segment "Crafting in a Crisis"
Marcus shared his digital art escape skills. Linocuts and prints.
Inna Schutts - returned to discuss staying sane in family lockdown while continuing to learn.
Online Learning with Udemy.com and Skillshare.com
The Last Bit...
In my LunchTime Livestream, I have a playout musical guest. Casee Robinson-Wilson has been a joy.
For these podcasts, I'd like to have storytellers (I know Beeston has a Storytelling Company Timothy Mark Ralphs I'm looking at you!!) perform at the end. Their tip jar links will be made available in the notes of the podcast they appear in.
Next recording with a Facebook LIVE is April 7th. - https://www.facebook.com/events/283419879314961/
PayPalPool - TipJarLinks
Host: Caron @pcmcreative - https://bit.ly/pcm-paypal-tipjar
Welcome to first of our ACT WhatsOnLocal podcasts. Podcast regulars are ACT's Marysia Zipser, the ACT team currently consisting of Dawn Lindson and Inna Schutts plus Caron Lyon from PCM creative producing and recording.
1. Let's talk Light Night. was the first topic
Light Night took place of Feb 7th & 8th.
Visit Nottingham LightNight 2020 page - http://bit.ly/3clZc2I
Visit England's LightNight 2020 page - http://bit.ly/2VwIyaJ
BESTON FILM FESTIVAL
2. Returning to the here and now our second topic was Beeston Film Festival with studio guest Festival Director, John Currie.
Link to Beeston Film Festival About Page - http://bit.ly/2wVZa1n
5. ACT is sponsoring the Audiences Choice Award at the Beeston Film Festival - http://bit.ly/3cm0v1C
3. Leaving winter behind we had a brief exchange about health and recovery. There have been some persistent colds around and Dawn has been suffering for a while. A day will come when you will feel well again! Get Well Soon.
4. Marysia is blogging go check out the ACT Blog - https://www.artculturetourism.co.uk/blog
6. History and Imagination Readers Day at Beeston Library - http://bit.ly/2TrBJVq
7. Join WORD! for this International Women’s Day special, presented by Lydia Towsey and featuring acclaimed poet and performer, Aoife Mannix.
NEXT RECORDING, Upstairs at The Bean in Beeston, is Tuesday, Mar 24th.