In this episode I talk about the state of the beta releases for the platforms and the developer tools. Then in part 2, are you letting the foo foo get in the way of the features and purpose of your application?
State of the Beta’s
- iOS 13 Beta 7
- iPadOS 13 Beta 7
- watchOS 6 Beta 7
- macOS Catalina Beta 5
- tvOS 13 Beta 7
- Xcode 11 Beta 5
Features over FooFoo
Do not let fancy animations and the UI get in the way of an applications purpose and features.
SwiftUI is the new layout kid on the block, let's take a look and see what it offers us.
- Works on all Apple platforms.
- Bindable data (RxSwift done the Apple way?).
- Should we start using it?
Follow CompileSwift on Twitter
In this episode we take a look at the changes announced for App Store Connect, TestFlight and the App Store.
Follow CompileSwift on Twitter: @CompileSwift
- Fully supports standalone watchOS applications
- Application Loader has been removed from Xcode 11
- There is a new application called Transporter for macOS that does not need Xcode to be installed.
- Sign in with Apple ID
- Choose your team
- Drag and drop files to Transporter including the IPA file exported from Xcode.
- Errors and issues will be displayed in Transporter for you to fix before delivering the package to App Store Connect.
- You can upload many packages at once if you need to.
- Emails with issues now include the version number in the subject line.
- There is a new Build Activity view in App Store Connect to better track the history of your applications.
- You can also be notified as the progress of your application changes by turning the notification on in the app.
- TestFlight application has now been localized in many more languages.
- TestFlight Feedback is a new feature that enables users to give direct feedback to you via App Store Connect.
- Any time your application crashes Feedback will offer users the ability to send information right there and then.
- You can customize the on-boarding experience delivered from TestFlight Feedback for your application, this appears the first time a user launches your application from TestFlight.
- When a user takes a screenshot of your application downloaded from TestFlight they now get a new “Share Beta Feedback” option to send that screenshot and any annotation and comments directly to App Store Connect.
- The feedback information submitted to App Store Connect can be downloaded and includes device and user information.
- TestFlight Feedback can be disabled in App Store Connect if you no longer want that option available to users. You do not need to release a new version to TestFlight remove it.
- 9 new languages have been supported in the App Store, this brings the total to 37.
- Right to Left languages are now supported in App Store Connect.
- App Analytics now supports macOS including
- Product page views
- App Units shows how many times the app was downloaded
- Sales will show the total purchases including in app purchases
- App Analytics now shows iOS app deletion from devices.
All the new changes and features coming to Xcode 11, well the more obvious and interesting ones at least including the new Editors, Testing, Documentation, Simulator, and that new MiniMap.
Let's get a conversation started, follow and tweet me @CompileSwift
WWDC 2019 Announcements
- watchOS 6
- New watch faces
- Taptic hourly chimes
- Apps from apple
- Voice memo
- Audio books
- Tip Calculator
- API’s for independent apps no longer needing iPhone apps
- Audio streaming API
- Apple Watch AppStore
- iOS 13
- 30% faster FaceID
- 50% smaller app downloads
- 60% smaller update app downloads
- Twice as fast app launch speed
- Dark mode
- Swipe mode on keyboard
- Reminders overhaul to be more todo app like
- New maps with far more detail
- “Sign in with Apple” across all platforms
- Memoji sticker packs automatically created for you
- Photo editing tools can now be used on videos
- Separate iCloud accounts
- Widgets on the home screen
- Split view now available across apps
- App Expose on iPad
- Files App SMB, Thumb drive and USB drives supported
- Safari desktop class browsing
- Safari download manager
- Improved selection tool
- 3 finger pinch to copy and paste
- 3 finger swipe to undo
- 9ms pencil latency instead of old 20ms
- PencilKit API
- Compact Keyboard now available
- Swipe from corner with pencil to enter markup
- macOS Catalina
- iTunes is now Apple Music
- Apple Podcasts app
- AppleTV app
- SideCar - iPad as second display for Mac
- Catalyst now available in Xcode on Catalina for working with iPad apps on macOS
- ARKit 3
- 450,000 apps on store using Swift
- SwiftUI is available across all platforms
Follow CompileSwift on Twitter: @CompileSwift
Web Site: compileswift.com