Space + Medicine = Aerospace Medical Association - Jeff Sventek
An episode of The Edutainer with Dr. Erin L. Albert
By Dr. Erin L. Albert
Welcome to The Edutainer with Dr. Erin L. Albert podcast, where amazing things happen. We discuss a range of topics from entrepreneurship, writing, publishing, books, healthcare, pharmacy, and women's issues. Most of all, we're going to discuss learning - a key skill in the 21st century.
ANOTHER Friday Finish Line has been crossed! Woot!
Podcasting 101: https://payhip.com/b/TSDC
ASCP 50th Anniversary Annual Meeting: www.ascp.com/annual
S'h'ee y'all in Atlanta for She Podcasts this weekend!
Friends, Romans, Countrymen and Women - LEND ME YOUR EARS!
I'm making good on a promise I made back at #SMDames19 - just in time for the new decade.
Hope you can join me before 2019 says buh-bye - and YOU get to cruise into 2020 doing your very own podcasting THANG! Check!
Pharmacists - what do you know about these certificate programs in PGX? I'm asking for a friend in pharmacy!
ASCP has a 1 hour PGX CPE here - but it's not a Certificate: http://learning.ascp.com/diweb/catalog/item/id/2513054/q/q=pharmacogenomics&c=305
Certificates or longer programs in PGX for Pharmacists:
Applied Pharmacogenomics Certificate ACCP https://www.accp.com/report/index.aspx?iss=0618&art=7
Clinical Pharmacogenomics Mayo Clinic https://ce.mayo.edu/genomics/content/clinical-pharmacogenomics-case-based-approach-your-practice-2019
NACDS Pharmacogenomics Certificate Program Test to Learn https://www.nacds.org/news/nacds-university-of-pittsburgh-extend-test2learn-community-based-pharmacogenomics-certificate-program/
Pharmacogenomics Certificate ASHP http://elearning.ashp.org/products/6673/pharmacogenomics-certificate-program
Pharmacogenomics Course Manchester/RxGenomics https://www.rxgenomix.com/courses/pharma
The Certifications/Certificates list where this info came from: https://payhip.com/b/XOVg
October is facing us with its 4Q-ness next week! 🍁😳
Here's my little world:
1. Mentorpalooza I at Butler University COPHS last night was off the chain! Thanks so much to the mentors who came from as far away as Minnesota, Fishers, Carmel and North Carolina to be with us! Shoutout to the students who showed up and did their homework with great questions! I'm sure I'll post some social media pics soon. #GoDawgs! 🐶
2. Video interviewing - is this something we need to teach? 🎥
3. On Inside Indiana Business with Gerry Dick this weekend - looking forward to it! 📺
4. Hurry pharmacists and members of ASCP - Time is running out to register for our FREE CPE/BCGP October webinar in honor of Senior care pharmacists week AND American Pharmacists Month! This one is already crazy full of registrants on 10/8 at 1 pm ET! If you miss it, homestudy will be out 11/1. P.S. it's on osteoporosis. 🥛
5. Speaking of hurrying - Our 50th Anniversary Annual Meeting - hurry on a hotel! You've got 7 days left for the hotel room! 🏨
6. Last - can you do me a favor - and fill out our pharmacist continuing education needs assessment for 2020, so we can help you level up on your education in 2020? THANKS!!! 💊
Here is the ASCP CPE and BCGP educational needs assessment for 2020 - could you please fill it out if you're a pharmacist?
Here's the LinkedIn Live Ep 6 on World Pharmacists' Day!
See you on IIB this weekend.
I'll be back on Friday!
Asked to give a talk about this 1Q20 on this topic this week...so thought I'd start putting some of my pet peeves and rants down here. CAUTION: I HAVE VERY STRONG OPINIONS (and a lot of pet peeves) when it comes to effectively running meetings.
Give a listen, and yes - I have a tone here - but it's only because I'm sensitive to your time, and I want everyone, myself included - to run some great, efficient meetings out there! Friends don't let friends run crappy, inefficient meetings that could have been an email. 🙌
And, in true form, here's my tips in an agenda written format for you on this episode!
Tips on Running a Solid, Productive Meeting:
1. Does this REALLY need to be a meeting? Ask yourself if you REALLY need to even have a meeting in the first place.
2. Who REALLY needs to be in the room?
3. Agenda with appt - Send out a written detailed agenda WITH the calendar appointment - and better yet, include data and questions for people to bring to the meeting.
4. Send out prep and background work before the meeting for people to review (Jeff Bezos is a fan of this.)
5. START and END the meeting ON TIME. Seriously - honor those who show up on time. Think of it this way - every minute you start late or end late, you could be robbing someone of their next genius idea, creative new thing, or amazing SOMETHING ELSE they could be doing instead of WAITING for YOUR MEETING.
6. If you're leading the meeting - have someone take notes real time.
7. If you're also leading the meeting - take the squawkers offline and into the parking lot. Democratize all ideas around the room and give people equal airtime - including your introverts who have some of the best ideas but who will never share unless pointedly asked.
8. Ditto with derailing minutiae - parking lot that stuff!
9. Recap the last 5 minutes with action items.
10. Note taker should send out the notes immediately after the meeting with action items.
There you go.
I knew there were many reasons why I want to visit Prague in 2020!
That aside, here's links to items mentioned this momentous Monday:
1. #RocktoberRx - and how you can apply to be on LinkedIn Live to talk Pharmacy Awesomeness in Oct, or fill out my survey on topics for it.
2. ASCP 2020 Continuing Education CPE and BCGP Needs Assessment - please fill it out in 10 if you're a pharmacist and include your email in the last question if you want to be a part of the drawing for a FREE annual membership to ASCP! (A $279 value.)
3. ASCP Annual Meeting Nov 7-10, 2019 in Grapevine, TX - If Geriatrics are your jam - you must attend! 😉
Have a great week!
https://tinyurl.com/RocktoberRx will lead you to the Google form to complete if YOU have something revolutionary, interesting, or novel to share with pharmacists and healthcare in order to improve our profession AND patient care! If you have something that's cool to share (without being too salesy), fill out the google form and maybe YOU will be my next guest here, or at LinkedIn Live during National Pharmacists' Month! 🍁🎃👩🏻⚕️🏥💊
LinkedIn Live: You can be part of this grand experiment, just in time for American #Pharmacists Month!
Watch on to learn more:
9/9/19 - Ep 1 – Future of Pharmacy Jobs: https://lnkd.in/e8K_2YR
9/12/19 – Ep 2 – How to Get a New Gig: https://lnkd.in/epDQWMH
9/14/19 – Ep 3 – Senior care and technology: https://lnkd.in/evuX_wv
9/18/19 – Ep 4 – Side Hustles and Personal Branding with P4 Student, Chris Cozzolino: https://lnkd.in/dCpTnty
9/21/19 – Ep 5 – Books books books! https://lnkd.in/eMACzi8
Friday AGAIN!!!! We won by making it! 😇
Here's the stuff I'm working on - for you!
1. LinkedIn Live - tell me what you want me to talk about!
2. Mentorpalooza at Butler COPHS 9/26 - thank you to our mentors!
3. ASCP's goodies: a. Senior Care Pharmacists Week in October and b. Our 50th Anniversary annual meeting in November!
4. Reading Talking to Strangers by Malcolm Gladwell (mixed feelings about it thus far), and sneaking off to the movies this weekend...? You presume right!
Have a great one!
The P word here is perfection. I'm not a fan of that word. The good enough is the enemy of perfection....and as an entrepreneur and person who gets stuff done, good enough is usually good enough for me.
But I AM a fan of perfection when it comes to resumes. Today, I share yet another blunder from Dr. Albert and how you can be better than Dr. A when it comes to developing your own resume.
That, and I can spell H-E-A-L-T-H-C-A-R-E. REALLY! :D
And don't forget World Patient Safety Day is today!
I love talking to founders of new organizations and associations! Here's a new org started back in 2018 - with a HUGE value DROP JUST FOR LISTENERS OF THE DR. ERIN L. ALBERT SHOW! Listen in if you want to get in on this new society, tomorrow, 9/17 - for FREE!
The American Society of Pharmacovigilance (www.stopADR.org) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. ASP is a national biomedical and health care network with membership open to all health care professionals. Our mission is to rapidly and dramatically reduce the high rate of suffering and mortality due to adverse drug events in the US. We represent the unity of different areas of expertise coming together to have a bigger impact on addressing the fourth leading cause of death in the US.
Bio: Sara Rogers, PharmD, BCPS, is a pharmacist, researcher and nonprofit director. As a proponent of personalized medicine and preventing harm from medication use, she co-founded the American Society of Pharmacovigilance in 2018. Since there is a strong genetic component in the way that patients respond to medications, she has taken an active role in addressing barriers to widespread implementation of pharmacogenomics. Dr. Rogers is a member of the Clinical Pharmacogenetics Implementation Consortium, Chairman of the Pharmacogenomics Access and Reimbursement Coalition, and an organizational member of the NIH National Human Genomics Research Institute (NHGRI) Inter-Society Coordinating Committee. She hopes these efforts will lead to improved health outcomes for patients across the US, regardless of socioeconomic status.
We made it AGAIN - friends! Take that!
Stuff cooking here:
1. LinkedIn Live - I DO NOT KNOW WHAT I'M DOING...but I'm here to help!
Episode 1 on Future of Pharmacy
Episode 2 on How to get your next Gig
2. ASCP Annual Meeting 2019! Join us Nov 7-10, 2019 in Grapevine, TX!
3. Thanks to The FIRST Chad (Chad Priest) for sharing his awesome stories in the Butler U COPHS elective this past week! Here's his TED talk. If you're in healthcare, you should check it out.
MORE COOL STUFF and a big value drop coming Monday the 16th JUST FOR ALL 3 OF MY LISTENERS (including Dorothy - my momma!)🙌
Have a great weekend!
Aerospace Medical Association - http://www.asma.org/home
Purpose: The Aerospace Medical Association is organized exclusively for charitable, educational, and scientific purposes. It is the largest, most-representative professional membership organization in the fields of aerospace medicine and human performance.
Executive Director, Jeffrey “Jeff” Sventek
Jeff Sventek was born March 31, 1954 in Corry, PA and moved to Sherman, NY in 1961. He graduated from Sherman Central School in 1972. Following graduation, Jeff enlisted in the United States Air Force and spent the next 34 years in the Air Force, retiring in 2006 at the rank of Colonel. He holds a BS in Biology (magna cum laude) from the University of Nebraska at Omaha and an MS in Physiology from Rutgers University. Jeff is board-certified in Aerospace Physiology and is a Fellow of the Aerospace Medical Association. During his Air Force career, Jeff served as an AF Aerospace Physiologist and was selected by the Air Force Surgeon General as the first-ever Lieutenant Colonel to serve as the Chief of AF Aerospace Physiology. Jeff held a number of command and leadership positions from 1999 until he retired from the Air Force in 2006 as the Deputy Command Surgeon for the Air Force Materiel Command at Wright-Patterson AFB, OH and as 14th Chief of the AF Biomedical Sciences Corps.
Following his retirement, Jeff served in various government-contractor positions providing human performance expertise for the Department of Defense. In January 2010, Jeff assumed his role as the eighth Executive Director of the Aerospace Medical Association in Alexandria, VA, the first non-physician to hold this prestigious position.
Jeff is the son of Joseph and Shirley Sventek of Sherman, NY and is married to Debra S. Jostand of Taylor Ridge, IL. Jeff and Debra have a son, Andrew, and daughter, Meagan, as well as four grandchildren.
Welcome back to Monday, everyone! Made it post-coldmageddon!
I'm here with a few more nuggets of info, if you're so inspired:
1. What color is your parachute 2019 FLOWER POWER at BUCOPHS in The Nontraditional Healthcare Professional Class.
2. 9/10 at 1 pm ASCP BCGP/CPE Functional Medicine Webinar - my pre-webinar chat is with Lauren Castle at SenioRx Radio.
3. Pharmacogenomics Pharmacist Education Playbook - up for a limited time at LinkedIn.
4. Independent Pharmacist Podcasters Index - updated!
5. Who's at the Helm of Healthcare? Fall Updates - here is the top 15 pharmacy chains table post and the top health insurance co's.
Be sure to pop back in this week on 2 really cool podcast super top secret interviews! Keep it hoppin' this week, peeps!
I'm back in the classroom TODAY! Warn the masses as I land on Teaching Tuesdays this fall over at Butler COPHS. I couldn't remember what year this is for me - between being a student and teacher. I've honestly lost track. Grade 55,000? LOL!
That aside - THANKS TO Virginia Franco for yesterday's extra special interview on the NCOPE certification. That got me thinking that now that we're moving into fall, it's time to pull out that social media profile and that CV/resume for a dusting.
In this mini, I talk about the word art technique of matching up your next awesome job description - to your resume - to your LinkedIn profile.
Listen in for more - and happy fall semester!
This episode is sponsored by my list of healthcare and pharmacy certifications - nearly 250 of them! https://tinyurl.com/LaborDayCerts
LinkedIn & the NCOPE Certification: Time to Beef Up Your LinkedIn Profile with Certified Pro, Virginia Franco:
BIO - Virginia Franco, NCRW, NCOPE, MRW, CPRW, CEIP
Founder + Chief Writer | Virginia Franco Resumes
President | The National Resume Writers' Association...is first and foremost a writer and storyteller.
Contributor | Ivy Exec, Job-Hunt, MedReps, Business2Community, Forbes, Career Sidekick, The Ladders
She founded Virginia Franco Resumes after recognizing her years of corporate communications, journalism and healthcare social work offered her a unique understanding of how people read, communicate and share information. You name it she’s written it – from articles for websites, local newspapers and magazines to newsletters, executive talking points and annual reports.
Today Virginia writes documents that help clients land interviews. Her customized career documents help people struggling to tell their story in a way that appeals to today’s skim, online and small screen readers. In addition to writing their documents, she offers guidance to those testing the job search waters or making a career change on navigating the world of online job search and social media networking. She shares her insights with job seekers via a variety of publications and podcasts. Virginia is one of less than 60 writers nationwide to hold the prestigious NCRW certification from the National Résumé Writers' Association, and holds two additional certifications as a Resume Writer and an Employment Interview Coach from the PARW-CC.
When not at her desk, Virginia can usually be found behind the wheel chauffeuring her 4 teens, or volunteering in her community as a Girl Scout Leader, a Book Fair Chair or even a newsletter editor for one of her children’s schools. She makes sure to squeeze in time for a bit of of yoga and walking (while listening to podcasts!). Virginia lives with her husband, their children and their 2 dogs in Charlotte, NC.
Credentials and Accomplishments:
President of the National Resume Writers Association
Contributor to Ivy Exec, Job-Hunt.org, Forbes, MedReps, Career Sidekick, CareerCloud,
Business2Community, NotActivelyLooking.com and Career Metis
Host, The Resume Storyteller Podcast
Board of Directors, National Resume Writers’ Association
5X Certified in Resume Writing, LinkedIn Writing + Employment Interview Career Coaching: NCRW, NCOPE, MRW, CPRW, CEIP
100% Customized Resumes for Today's Readers. Storytelling that Gets Interviews.
The Latest Storyteller Podcast | YouTube Channel
The National Resume Writers' Association
BTW - here's another podcast episode with more details on how to get a great headshot - for your LinkedIn profile from photographer Faith Blackwell!
Attention shoppers: it's officially the END of summer and August. And this episode has a little bit o' everything...JUST FOR YOU! :D
It covers a LOT of info in 15 min or less:
1. BESCPC is ongoing at ASCP - but you might want to hurry and sign up if you're on the fence. We're running out of room for the inaugural class.
2. Burnout - episode 5 - comes from the book, Superbosses today - give a listen to find out if you have a Glorious B*stard Superboss, or just a soul-sucking mediocre boss who's going to burn you out - with 3 simple questions.
3. And...a QOTW! Should I take a new job offer if the company has bad ratings? I actually think that's a question on the right track, but there's better questions to ask yourself here...tune in to hear those.
Everyone have a FANTASTICAL end of summer Labor Day Holiday!!!!
Back to the burnout! And sorry - ONE MORE Debbie Downer episode on the (abysmal) stats behind burnout before we can get to the REMEDIES!
Listen in to the stats on burnout, just in case you haven't heard the memo that #burnout is at epidemic rates in the US - particularly in healthcare providers.
We'll get over to the remedies soon - but the first step in solving any problem is to DEFINE and RECOGNIZE it! 🙌
I promise I'll get back to the burnout miniseries soon....but...
I wanted to talk about my fellow misfits for a second. You know the ones - the troublemakers. The difficult to work with brilliant geniuses who everyone else ignores.
Leaders: ignore them no longer, unless you want your organization to die.
Employees: think about who are your company's misfits - and then reach out and consider partnering with them on something revolutionary.
2-4-6-8-who do we appreciate?
THE UNDERDOGS. THE MISFITS - YEA....REBELS!
3 Breaking Academic/Pharmacy Hogwarts-Like Nuggets for you on the weekend:
1. Early breaking article on how pharmacy law is taught at US Schools of Pharmacy in AJPE - yay!
2. Journal to Life Multimedia experience is now available at ASCP - yay! It mashes up time for reading an article, listening to a case discussion either in audio only (to go) or video, and it's more than a 1 hour webinar for credit! The BCGP version and CPE Only versions are now available.
3. The Class of 2023 move in day at Butler University is TODAY! Here are some move in hints from Michael and Trip for the first year students. #GoDawgs
Now get out there and get your weekend on!
FINALLY - she gets to the official definition of burnout...in episode 3 of the miniseries on burnout!
That, and sorry (not sorry) - but more homework, which may be the most important assignment Dr. Albert ever gives: http://www.motivationalinterviewing.org/sites/default/files/valuescardsort_0.pdf
How did you do on the burnout test? 60 or greater? Ruh roh.
Burnout miniseries is off and running - let's step back before burnout and talk about its pathway TO BURNOUT - STRESS.
What causes YOU stress in your work or life?
Homework today: FIGURE OUT WHAT STRESSES YOU OUT. Seriously - write that list down, because we're going to march forward here and I'm going to five you some tips on how to nip that stuff in the bud.
Key to preventing #burnout: SELF-CARE!
Have a great day!
P.S. - BCGP/CPE webinar I was talking about at the top of the episode TODAY on the Polypharmacy Toolbelt is at: www.ascp.com/webinars
Yes, friends, I missed mindful Monday - because I was paying the price of being OOO on some vacation and was suffering from a terrible karmic and reality-based vacation hangover yesterday! Boo!
Which triggers a new series...starting...now.
Let's talk burnout, shall we? I know, I know - everyone's talking about it! But - let's try a tip or two for a few episodes and see how it goes. If I can help you stay out of the fiery inferno of burnout, LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!
Tips of this new series today to prevent the burn 🔥:
1. QUICK! Go take the nonscientific but interesting burnout quiz: https://www.tinyurl.com/shortburnouttest. If you score 60 or higher - just go ahead and subscribe to this podcast. (Hint, the standardized tool is by Maslach - but that 'for real' (scientifically validated) quiz costs $.)
2. TAKE YOUR VACATION - even though I had a day from Hades back in the office after being out, it's so important for all of us to take. Our. Vacation. I'm going to plan the rest of my vacation days this week for 2019 - and I challenge you to do the same. I'm also thinking ahead for my 1 big trip to get out of the country for 2020 too. Get those dates with destiny on your calendar now! :D If you see them coming - you actually get more enjoyment out of them. Seriously! Science backs that up.
Okay - I'll be back with more on this series.
It’s all things BESCPC right here for the next few weeks at ASCP: www.ascp.com/BESCPC for the breakdown. And HURRY: early bird registration for our #ASCP50 ends in hours!!!! www.ascp.com/annual. See you soon, New Jersey, and have a great weekend!
Haven't had an official QOTW episode in a bit - so here's one:
Question: Where can I get multiple prescription medications in ONE box?
Great question - and one I don't have a ton of answers for yet - but I'm certain my #pharmacy friends can help me fill this list out:
Meds in a Box (after the med synchronization service) - in ALPHABETICAL order:
Pillpack - You're probably already heard about this one.
Simple Meds - Based here in Indianapolis - and founded by some Butler Pharmacy Students - GO DAWGS!
There you go.
Are there others? Help me fill out this list for my friend, Pharmacyland!
Mindful Mondays are here! #winning
I'm a fan of hand written cards and notes, and that includes holiday cards. I tend to send them out every other year to share with my friends what happened in my life in the previous year, but more importantly, for my friends to commit to the coming year via goals on paper. I gift them a goals template, which I discuss in this episode!
They also told me I should put my template on my digital download site. Ask and ye shall receive!
Here is the link to my new 2020 holiday card template for goals: https://payhip.com/b/rdyB
A limited # of the loyal podcast fans can get it FREE using the secret code that is INSIDE this podcast episode. Listen in!
This discount code is limited on quantity and time (until Aug 31, or when the discounts are used up - whichever comes first). SO HURRY!
Regardless - MEOW is a good time to start thinking about your big, hairy audacious goals for 2020! 🐱
ALLEGEDLY - there are apps where people can meet, date that you can swipe left (no-go) and right (yes, let's!) for connections. Tinder is the big one.
But, guess what's next?
Swiping left or right on a bunch of other things: https://www.fastcompany.com/3033319/six-new-apps-that-use-tinders-swipe-theory?cid=search And here at Fast Co specifically on swiping for your next job.
And...swiping left or right on your next JOB!
Check these resources out if you're looking and want to hunt for your next gig in a fun way:
1. Blonk - newer app that you can swipe left or right on jobs, specifically.
2. Bumble - apparently has a professional networking side...? (I didn't test this one out, personally.)
3. Shapr - more of a professional networking connection site - but one of the examples on Fast Company maybe for jobs coming soon?
This technology is EXCITING to be used for gigs, and professional networking! Consider checking them out!
(Sorry - but I only used apple app store links - forgive me android users!)
Straight up: I hate getting my photos taken! Not my jam. However, one of my friends, Faith Blackwell of Faith Blackwell Photography, makes it a LITTLE less painful here by breaking down what to look for in a professional photographer in LESS than 10 minutes....and talks about her upcoming project at Saks Fifth Avenue, Keystone at the Crossing in Indianapolis: SHE.
Faith Blackwell Photography: https://faithblackwell.smugmug.com/
Faith on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/fbphotogllc/?hl=en
Faith on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/faithblackwell/
SHE: Thursday, August 15, 2019 at Saks Fifth Avenue, Keystone at the Crossing, Indianapolis.
Happy Friday - y'all! We made it another week!
I just have two monster projects cooking over here right now.
1. At ASCP - BESCPC - The Business and Entrepreneurship in Senior Care Pharmacist/cy Certificate! https://annual.ascp.com/schedule/interactive.html
2. At Butler U - Dr. Albert is on the countdown clock to go BACK TO SCHOOL the old school way - the day after labor day! Teaching the new Nontraditional Healthcare Professional Elective! WOOOOT!
BTW - here's the link to The Business of Pharmacy Podcast where I talk to host Mike about some of the work we've been up to: https://anchor.fm/mikekoelzer/episodes/Dr--Erin-L--Albert-Purpose-and-Passion-e4rn9v
Merriest of weekends!
This episode is brought to you by my certifications and certificate list for healthcare professionals: https://payhip.com/b/XOVg
The book where I discuss this match needs cover letter technique, The Medical Science Liaison: An A to Z Guide.
If you want to level up and prefer watching video - try any of these LinkedIn Lives:
9/9/19 - Ep 1 – Future of Pharmacy Jobs: https://lnkd.in/e8K_2YR 9/12/19 – Ep 2 – How to Get a New Gig: https://lnkd.in/epDQWMH 9/14/19 – Ep 3 – Senior care and technology: https://lnkd.in/evuX_wv 9/18/19 – Ep 4 – Side Hustles and Personal Branding with P4 Student, Chris Cozzolino: https://lnkd.in/dCpTnty 9/21/19 – Ep 5 – Books books books! https://lnkd.in/eMACzi8
Ugh - more. Pharmacy. Layoffs announced this week.
But - this episode isn't just for pharmacists - it's actually for EVERYONE looking for a job!
Here's a description of how to write a match needs cover letter.
Enjoy! And I'd love to hear from you if it WORKED for you!
Let's all LEVEL UP OUT THERE!
Read a GREAT article this weekend on digital savvy to great board directorship, and it got me thinking: what makes a GREAT board director?
Here are my top 7 mad skills...and I have a post over at LinkedIn about this today as well: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/getting-board-wider-range-7-savvy-skills-21c-bod-work-erin-l-/?published=t
What did I miss?
Here's my quick recap on #SocialMediaDames2019! (Thank you, Amy Stark, for your leadership this year!)
1. Pragmatic tip: Who's in the room? on LinkedIn
2. Philosophical tip: Don't try to be superwoman all the time!
3. Anybody who wants in on my fall #podcasting workshop - hit me on the two way or at twitter @ErinLAlbert and let me know you're in and I'll put you on the mailing list. TBD on time, place, and space. I do know it will be in this galaxy! :D
4. Hope ASCP MidAtlantic is going well out in Gettysburg.
5. Shoutout to my high school classmate/South Bend WHS Panthers who are meeting for our ***th reunion this weekend!
It’s AUGUST! When did that happen?!? Anywho, bringing you an episode a little early because Friday August 2 is a BIG DAY! 🙌Feels like Christmas!
1. ascp.com/midatlantic starts TOMORROW, in Gettysburg, PA - Pharmacyland!
2. #SMDames19 - Social Media Dames 2019 - starts and IS TOMORROW, in Fishers, IN - https://www.facebook.com/SocialMediaDames/
We all love to talk about the benefits of HAVING a mentor. Here in this quick episode, I discuss some of the benefits of BEING a MENTOR.
It's supporting this longer article at LinkedIn as well on 5 Reasons Why mentoring is Good for Mentors: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/5-reasons-why-mentoring-good-mentors-albert-mba-pharmd-jd-pahm/
And here's the Butler University #Pharmacist Mentoring Night Reservation Form - you should join us on 9/26! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdiVa3I4o1Au-QzjQM95FQg-a_og5cq6dzv1ZkBBbQkBEo7UQ/viewform
Regardless of your profession, consider serving your profession as a #mentor. The benefits are HUGE for all parties!
Hey everybody! Happy last Friday of July 2019! Can you believe July is almost gone?!?
Here's what we're working on for you at the Albert ranch:
1. ASCP Business & Entrepreneurship in Senior Care Pharmacy 5 part, longitudinal series of learning activities for pharmacists - over 20+ hours of CPE credit will be around this one! https://annual.ascp.com/schedule/interactive.html
2. SMDames19 - 8/2 - If you catch me quick enough - I may still have a steep discount code for ya to participate!
3. August - SO MUCH FUN STUFF COMING! More podcasts, more learning events (non-pharmacy related) and MORE JERSEY SHORE!!!! 😎
On this special episode, I interview and chat with Mary Casino, who is the ASCP APPE current rotation student, and our first remote student with the association on rotation! We discuss:
1. Stress & Burnout - and how they affect pharmacy students.
2. The overall "remote" APPE rotation experience, and how learning remote work actually can benefit future pharmacists.
3. More on the exercises we'll offer this fall in the Nontraditional Healthcare Professional Elective. Job crafting, word cloud dream job exercises, and leveraging LinkedIn.
Mary's LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/marycasino/
And...2020/2021 students: APPLY NOW to be on rotation at ASCP! www.ascp.com/appe
Happy Tuesday, everyone!
Getting ready for an interview with a very special guest, Mary Casino, our current remote APPE student on rotation with us at ASCP!
Hit me on Twitter (@ErinLAlbert) with your questions for Mary around these 3 areas today if you can, and I'll see if we can get it into the show:
1. Student stress and burnout - in pharmacy
2. The ASCP APPE rotation for curious students applying this fall for 2020-2021. www.ascp.com/appe
3. Linking your dream job to you...and online after school. (And this one really doesn't just apply to pharmacy - but to ALL professionals making a career change.)
Thanks to Cardinal Health and Quarles & Brady for some thought-provoking venues and educational sessions this week!
Here's the LinkedIn long post as the subject of this podcast - check it out. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/star-power-7-steps-attract-retain-sponsor-erin-l-/
It's lonely at the top. But it doesn't have to be! Find a sponsor or two, even if you have to go outside of your professional zone to do it!
Hey everyone! Happy Ides of July!
Thought I'd "aureate" my latest LinkedIn post - on ways to actively engage your audience when giving a talk.
Here's the post: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/4-ways-actively-engage-your-audience-anti-actor-style-erin-l-/
And if it's tl;dr - NO WORRIES - just listen in here at the ol' podcast!
Have a great week!
Early we made it Friday podcast this week! Listen as to why. Also, I get...very Brene Brown with y'all for a minute.
Post on Operation Manuals: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/your-personal-operators-manual-erin-l-albert-mba-pharmd-jd-pahm/
(Here's my own if you want to see it.)
Vulnerability prickly point (and my new book that I didn't know I was writing):
Blue Skies with a Side of Prickly: Essays on Pharmacy, Business and Life: https://payhip.com/b/6Ag8
Talking women, pharmacy and leadership at Cardinal Health RBC on 7/19!
ASCP MidAtlantic regional coming soon
SMDames19 is almost here! I'll be chatting about...PODCASTING.
Until next time....stay cool out there! 😎
Seriously: Cannabis Pharmacy seems to be exploding in North America. So, let’s discuss. Check out this post at LinkedIn too if you’re curious: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/ten-places-where-you-can-nab-education-your-way-gig-erin-l-
7/5/19 - Question(s) of the week via Mary - the APPE student from BUCOPHS I have on rotation with me at ASCP right now.
1. Can you provide a broad overview of different careers in pharmacy outside of community practice and health system pharmacy?
2. Per each career, what association(s) should an individual or student join if they want to know more about career dev in those areas?
A: working on them, and already answered some of this.
1. 57 Cool Jobs for Pharmacists Podcast: https://soundcloud.com/pharmacy-podcast/57-cool-jobs-for-pharmacists
57 Cool Jobs article: https://payhip.com/b/RN2g
2. List of pharmacy associations/societies in a list of meetings I previously created: https://payhip.com/b/HF6Y
Now, I just have to play match.com for the course with these two resources! :D
Happy Independence Day, everyone!
Today's guest is the Executive Director of a brand new society, The Digital Medicine Society!
Jennifer Goldsack, MChem, MA, MBA, OLY
Bio: Jen Goldsack is VP of Digital Measurement at monARC Bionetworks and serves as the Interim Executive Director of the Digital Medicine Society (DiMe). Previously, Jen spent several years at the Clinical Trials Transformation Initiative (CTTI) where she led development and implementation several projects within CTTI’s Mobile Program and was the operational co-lead on the first randomized clinical trial using FDA’s Sentinel System.
Jen spent five years working in research at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, first in Outcomes Research in the Department of Surgery and later in the Department of Medicine. More recently, she helped launch the Value Institute, a pragmatic research and innovation center embedded in a large academic medical center in Delaware. Jen earned her master’s degree in chemistry from the University of Oxford, England, her masters in the history and sociology of medicine from the University of Pennsylvania, and her MBA from the George Washington University. Additionally, she is a certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt and a Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality. Ms Goldsack is a retired athlete, formerly a Pan American Games Champion, Olympian and World Championship silver medalist.
Founded in 2019, the Digital Medicine Society (DiMe) is the professional organization for experts from all disciplines comprising the diverse field of digital medicine. Together, we drive scientific progress and broad acceptance of digital medicine to enhance public health.
Finally! The main stream media is starting to talk about a massive retailer laying off 40% of its pharmacy workforce. Here are my recommendations on where we are headed, and share more on our brand new certification for pharmacists at ASCP, BESCPC.
If you prefer video - watch the LinkedIn live: 9/9/19 - Ep 1 – Future of Pharmacy Jobs: https://lnkd.in/e8K_2YR
THE YEAR IS ALMOST HALF OVER - what have you done with it, time bandits?!?
Here's what I'm spending the REST of my time working on...for you!
1. ASCP BCGP webinar ABCs of Diabetes - 7/1 LIVE! - http://learning.ascp.com/diweb/catalog/item/id/2825929
2. ASCP Midwest Regionals, CPE and BCGP, 7/12-7/13 BUTLER UNIVERSITY LIVE! http://www.ascp.com/midwest
3. ASCP MidAtlantic Regionals, CPE and BCGP, 8/2-8/4 GETTYSBURG, PA LIVE! http://www.ascp.com/midatlantic
4. ASCP 50th ANNIVERSARY ANNUAL MEETING #ASCP50 - virtual speaker ready room launches TODAY - yay! www.ascp.com/annual to register and see our programs, including a little more on #BESCPC.
5. Television shenanigans this week:
a. Indiana Issues with Abdul Hakim Shabazz - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNcyq-XkMps
b. Insiders on Inside Indiana Business - www.insideindianabusiness.com
Got asked about #altMBA, which is Seth Godin's online course this week. I was part of cohort or class 1.
Disclaimer: Now that the classes are up in the 30s, the curriculum may have radically changed since I was part of class 1. But here is my opining on being part of altMBA 1.
Keep your questions coming at: @ErinLAlbert on Twitter! Have a great week!
Here are some resources to help you find answers:
Podcast episodes on Fellowships and Residencies - Merry Midyear Series, in 4 parts:
If Geriatric Residency is your target - come to our ASCP 2019 50th Anniversary Annual Meeting Residency Showcase!
Stuff I'm staving the rainy day away on for JUST for you! ⛈
1. LinkedIn Article on 1 Way to Prevent Burnout.
2. New! Certification for ASCP fans - more coming soon! Ssshhhh..... 😎
3. ASCP Bookclub
4. ASCP BCGP webinar NEXT on Diabetes - 7/1 Live!
5. ASCP Midwest Regional LIVE meeting at Butler U! #GoDawgs
Thanks for your questions! Each week I’ll try my best to answer them. 2 to kick off this series:
1. Where does your writing inspiration come from?
2. What book publisher do you recommend?
BTW: here's my writing and publishing online course. It includes 1:1 time with yours truly:
1. #SMDames19–check out tickets going on sale at 11 am today for Launch Fishers at the Social Media Dames Faceplace Page. 2. ASCP Midwest for pharmacyland: July 12-14, 2019, ASCP.com/Midwest. 3. The motherload of senior care pharmacy: AM19 #ASCP50: ASCP.com/annual. 4. #RBC2019 with Cardinal Health—I’m talking women & leadership there July 19: rbc.cardinalhealth.com. 5. Mentorpalooza! See my LinkedIn page. Haaaappppy Weekend!!!!!!
If you fit the query above, head on over to my website and sign up to serve as a speed mentor back at Butler University COPHS on the eve of 9/26! It will be fun! www.erinalbert.com has the form under “Ideas I’m working on right now, Healthcare Mentorpalooza I”! See you there!!!!
Friends, Midwesterners, Countrywomen - How's your social media game? Does it need a little leveling up?
If so and if you're in the Midwest, join Amy Stark, CEO Digital Dames, Inc. for #SMDames19 on 8/2/19.
www.facebook.com/socialmediadames for 8/2/19 Unconference coming to North Indianapolis!
Tickets go on sale 6/14/19 - venue is Launch Fishers: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/social-media-dames-unconference-smdames19-believe-tickets-63346387751?fbclid=IwAR0J9h_3VwtT_t3AAPnspN6LVeNlajCX7p7ydg_Psmie98kdaE3ougXOYI4
More on Amy:
AmyStark on Twitter
MA in Philanthropy and a BA in Philosophy
Completed the Firestarter at the Purdue Foundry in West Lafayette and is now on a mission to Productize the UNconference Process.
StarkReAlityCheck on Facebook
1AmyStark on LinkedIn
AmyStarkReAlity on YouTube
AmyStarkReAlity on Pinterest
...so here is my coaching start that I utilize for my career clients over months in a 10 minute podcast. To the class of 2019: good luck!
Old episode on 57 Cool Careers for Pharmacists: https://pharmacytechnology.libsyn.com/57-cool-jobs-for-pharmacists-pharmacy-podcast-episode-415
The Know Thyself Kit: https://payhip.com/b/YnrU
Course on 57 Cool Jobs - with coaching time built in: https://pharmllc.teachable.com/p/57-cool-jobs-for-pharmacists
Book for recent pharmacy school grads - 46 Doses of Advice: https://squareup.com/market/pharmllc/item/the-new-pharmacist-doses-of-advice?t=modal-tw
This Friday update is sponsored by Pharm, LLC's Payhip site - get your healthcare certifications list, pharmacy meetings list, and more! https://payhip.com/pharmllc
Hey there and happy Friday - we made it...again! Yay!
All kinds of madness happening this weekend:
1. Listen to the last long episode on Dr. Asha's new book, pharmacists and patients: https://anchor.fm/dashboard/episode/e47n57
2. Work front at ASCP.com:
a. Webinars this summer - CPE and BCGP -> https://tinyurl.com/ASCPSummerConcertWebinarSeries
b. Summer regional meetings begin this weekend -> www.ascp.com/calendar
c. The big one - 50th Anniversary Annual Meeting - #ASCP50 Registration is now up! www.ascp.com/annual
a. Going on Abdul's show soon - keep your eyes peeled (and cross your fingers I don't break your screens): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wughUGZk_U
b. #SMDames19 - Social Media Dames 2019 is coming on 8/2/19! More to come! https://www.facebook.com/SocialMediaDames/?ref=bookmarks
Have a great weekend!
Episode brought to you by:
Special Guest today is author of the brand new book, pharmacist, entrepreneur and mom: Dr. Asha Pai Bohannon.
Dr. Bohannon's new book is entitled, To Medicate or Not? That Is the Question: The Ultimate Guide to Improving Blood Test Results
Bio of Dr. Bohannon: Based in Raleigh, North Carolina, Dr. Asha Pai Bohannon is a Dr. or Pharmacy and holistic health guide to individuals and corporate organizations. She is the founder of PAI Wellness Group, an author, speaker, and recognized leader with Rodan + Fields. She is also a Mindset Coach and has partnered with her Husband, Eric, in a Business Strategy and Mentoring Program. Asha is also a loving wife and mom to two boys, ages 8 and 5. She loves reading, being with her family, exercising, cross-stitch, and even enjoys a bit of organizing. She’s spent more than 15 years helping over 1,200 patients find their own ways to take control of their own health and wellness. With multiple certifications, including diabetes education and medication therapy management, she loves walking alongside her patients to help them identify and define the roles medications and other resources should play in leading them to healthy lives they can fully enjoy.
Dr. Asha's book is available on Amazon.com: https://amzn.to/2Ii3p9w
Have a show suggestion? Let me know!
@ErinLAlbert - Twitter
@ErinAlbert - Instagram
firstname.lastname@example.org - email
All previous podcast episodes at - www.erinalbert.com
Thanks for listening!
...called The Nontraditional Healthcare Professional today. If you ever got a great job using the Bles technique fromWhat Color is Your Parachute?, what OTHER resources did you find helpful? I’m curious. The Know Thyself Kit, BTW, is here: https://payhip.com/b/YnrU
I LOVE IT WHEN...I can't narrow down all the work going on over here down to a top 3 - so this week, my friends, I have a top 8!
1. Spotlight on Women in Pharmacy Podcast - ASCP Podcast - SeniorRXRadio: https://www.ascp.com/seniorxradio
2. Bookclub 5 and ongoing for 2019. Will we have one for 2020? Only our members at ASCP will know: https://www.ascp.com/bookclub
3. Find an ASCP Summer Regional Meeting near you - and earn CPE and BCGP re-certification credit! https://www.ascp.com/events/event_list.asp?
4. Pharmacy: Is it time for a rebellion? (NOT ASCP's opinions - they are my own - but thoughts?) https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/pharmacy-time-rebellion-erin-l-albert-mba-pharmd-jd-pahm/
5. Women in Leadership & Pharmacy - seems they don't go together quite like peanut butter & jelly - but I'm trying to wave the red flag here. I'll be touring next on this topic over to Cardinal Health's RBC 2019 in Nashville, TN: http://rbc.cardinalhealth.com/
6. Are you ready for USP ? If not, better head on over to ascp.com's learning portal and pick up some recent and relevent CPE straight from the USP source here: http://learning.ascp.com/diweb/catalog/item/id/3393769/q/q=USP&c=305
7. New! Format we like to call #ASCPTV is COMING SOON with Cristina Curp of The Castaway Kitchen - follow us (and her) on the 'gram for more! @ASCPharm and @thecastawaykitchen
8. Listen to me philosophize with the social media band on Saturday, May 18th from 2-3 pm ET over at @WIBC with my good friend and fellow purveyor and defender of the law, Abdul Hakim Shabazz! If you're not in Indianapolis, you can listen in online here: https://www.wibc.com/ . Oh, and if you're into social media for the gals out there - check out #SMDames19 on 8/2/19 - more at the facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SocialMediaDames
That's MORE than enough for now. Everyone have a GREAT pre-race weekend! 🏁
Happy birthday mom and Bono! Happy graduation weekend! Don’t miss our ASCP.com/webinars BCGP double-header NEXT WEEK. Regionals, new elective on Nontraditional careers in healthcare, and more at ASCP.com/calendar.
Happy Sunday! Today reminded me of some of my own best time management tips, which I share in this quick podcast. What’s YOUR best time management tip? Because time is the ONE thing we never get back...
1. ASCP.com/calendar-Summer Regionals 2. ASCP.com/annual-call for posters & exhibitors. You don’t want to miss our 50th anniversary extravaganza this year, pharmacists! 3. Thanks to all who participated in the Death Dying & Grief podcast miniseries and 4. #SMDames19 #Believe is 8/2/19: save the date!
Today, we wrap up with part 3 of our 3 part miniseries on beginning with the end in mind by interviewing Kathy Sparnins, the Executive Producer and Director of Voices of Grief, Honoring the Sacred Journey documentary. More on this film may be found at: www.voicesofgrief.org, and stay tuned at the very end of the podcast for Kathy's generous offer and exclusive for our listeners to watch the entire film!
Kathy's bio is also at: www.voicesofgrief.org/project-updates/
Thank you to all our thought leaders on this topic.
I read about these two gents who have started a brand new company on planning for the end of life called After in Fast Company. https://www.fastcompany.com/90331463/why-isnt-bereavement-leave-mainstream-yet, and it was the inspiration and power of 3 for this podcast!
After was co-founded by two gents I interview in part 2 of this miniseries:
Divine Bradley - Divine is a big-picture thinker and an endless source of creative inspiration. He is a builder and doer, and relies on his ability to connect with people at the most core and human level to make even the impossible possible. (1) Founder, Team Revolution Community Centers, (2) Director, Fashion Business School, Polo Ralph Lauren, (3) Chief Dream Director, The Future Project Newark, (4) Social Imagineer, The Future Company, (5) Community Builder, XQ Superschool.
Joseph Weissgold - Joseph is a problem solver, endlessly curious and hungry to reimagine the world from the systems level down to the very details. He is also an experienced leader and designer with a vast range of technical skills. (1) MFA, Products of Design, School of Visual Arts, (2) Founder, The Teacher’s Lounge, (3) Chief of Staff, The Future Project, (4) Head of Invention, The Future Company, (5) Board Member, Hashomer Hatzair Canada.
Check out After online: https://after.community/
Here’s what I’m working on: 1. ASCP summer regional meetings: www.ascp.com/calendar. 2. Thanks to Lenny Parker of our ASCP.com/bookclub for his mentorship! 3. Call is out for Awards & Posters at our 2019 ASCP Annual meeting in Grapevine, TX Nov 7-10, 2019, and 4. See some of you soon in Asheville this weekend for Medipreneurs! I’ll be running a workshop on writing and publishing.
This is a miniseries I've wanted to do for a LONG time! And it's finally here!
Death, Dying and Grief: when was the last time you thought about it? When was the last time you thought about it...in a positive, beautiful way? Death is inevitable. Why not figure out how to celebrate your life, be proactive for your loved ones, and put the FUN back in funerals? This is a fantastic podcast miniseries for ALL OF US to ponder--the End. But in a happy way!
My first guest helping out the community at large on death, dying and grief is Dr. Elaine Voci. Elaine is an award-winning author, Elaine’s works have been published in the United States, Canada, Japan and the United Kingdom in magazines, blogs and academic journals. She is the author of eight inspirational books, a life coach, and hosts quarterly Death Cafes in her community. Elaine is a member of the International Women’s Writing Guild and has been named one of the Top Ten Best Life Coaches in Indianapolis by Expertise.com.
Her website: www.elainevoci.com
Dr. Voci's Amazon page: https://amzn.to/2UUrX1x
Dr. Voci's book, Resilience Art: https://amzn.to/2GFIKNd
Tweet me @ErinLAlbert and let me know what you think of this miniseries! www.erinalbert.com
DISCLAIMER AND NOTE: MARIJUANA IS STILL A SCHEDULE C-1 DRUG UNDER THE CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE ACT & is ILLEGAL UNDER US FEDERAL LAW! BUT...It’s 4/20/19. Raging debates ongoing over at the faceplace, here are my thoughts (and mine alone) on legalizing marijuana—both for medical and recreational use. What do YOU think? Leave me an audio reply!
***This episode is sponsored by the Pharm, LLC list of over 230 healthcare and life science, pharmacist certifications available online at: https://tinyurl.com/RPhCertifications***
Pharmacists: Are you shopping for more education in pain management and/or opioids? If so, look no further than the new Pain Management Specialty Pharmacist Certification (PMSP) by Dr. Mark Garofoli of West Virginia School of Pharmacy. We chat with him about the inception of this new pharmacist certification and other resources in pain and addiction management.
Mark's Bio: Dr. Mark Garofoli, PharmD, MBA, BCGP, CPE is a 2004 graduate from the University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy and a 2008 graduate of the Strayer University MBA program. He is board certified in Geriatric Care (BGCP) along with having APhA certificate training in Immunizations and Medication Therapy Management (MTM). He began his career with CVS Health for a decade of being a community pharmacist and “climbing the corporate ladder”. Eventually he made the decision to switch gears and focus more on clinical aspects by joining Humana Healthcare to perform medication therapy management, or MTM, for 6 years. In 2015, he accepted a position with the West Virginia University (WVU) School of Pharmacy to develop an MTM program focusing on pain management, which then evolved into a managed care program performing reviews of patient’s pain management treatment plans. Dr. Garofoli is also the coordinator of the West Virginia Expert Pain Management Panel, which developed the West Virginia Safe & Effective Management of Pain (SEMP) Guidelines (www.sempguidelinesorg). Currently, he is a Clinical Assistant Professor and Director of Experiential Learning for the WVU School of Pharmacy, along with being a Clinical Pain Management Pharmacist at the WVU Medicine Center for Integrative Pain Management. Mark has been a consultant in the field of pain management on many different avenues such as being a grant reviewer for the CDC, an expert witness in multiple criminal and civil court cases, numerous interviews and articles locally and nationally, and recently was the recipient of the West Virginia GenerationRx Award. Dr. Garofoli is also a certified pain educator and conducts presentations across the country revolving around pain management, substance-use disorder (addiction), drug diversion, and illicit substances. He enjoys the many blessings in his life with his beautiful and beyond intelligent wife, Dr. Gretchen Garofoli, and his son Luke in Morgantown, West Virginia.
The PMSP Certification is available online at: https://tinyurl.com/PMSPMark
Contact me at: @ErinLAlbert on twitter, LinkedIn or www.erinalbert.com with YOUR show ideas on how to live YOUR best life!
Happy Friday everyone! I’m working on our @ASCPharm Forum for next wk in Washington DC (reg at: www.ascp.com/Forum.) 2. Have a stress, burnout & time mgmt survey up at LinkedIn profile (@Erin L. Albert) 3. Working on our @ASCPhark 50th anniversary opening keynote speaker, who wrote recently about #2, and played Sodapop in The Outsiders. Have a great weekend!
Now that March’s pop up podcast on #womenshistorymonth is over, I’m back with a Friday update! Working on the @ascpharm Washington DC Forum APR 16-18, 2019, and our annual meeting seeking...Rob Lowe! Can you help me?
On this final day of the Pop up miniseries, it’s officially #ManbassadorsDay! In addition, the classic on How To Start A Movement is shared. Last, for a summary sheet of this entire series, go to: https://tinyurl.com/popupwomen2019 for a complete list. THANKS for listening! Mwah! 💋
Nothing like a reality check to be reminded of how good many women have it in the world, and unfortunately, how many still do not. Today’s piece of inspiration and motivation comes from Fiona Sartoretto Verna of Sartoretto Verna, who works all around the world, and sometimes, is the only woman in the room. Give a listen to this episode...
..but how can we best grieve over our losses? Today’s pop up podcast shares a resource to assist with this from one of my own fierce woman mentors, Dr. Elaine Voci. The book: Resilience Art: A Grief Coloring Book Using Ritual and Music to Help You Grow
March 26th is Create your own holiday day! In honor of my own little pop up this month for #womenshistorymonth, I’m walking the talk by officially creating #ManbassadorsDay on 3/31 each year from now on! If you want to learn how to register your very own holiday to make it official, listen to this episode!
I watched Out for Blood last night, the new HBO documentary about Theranos last night. I have fixed feelings about it, which I discuss today. Watch it and let me know what you think...particularly if you’re an entrepreneur and/or in healthcare.
A: not enough women! Today’s episode comes to you from APhA in Seattle, Washington and discusses healthcare and pharmacy. Go to tinyurl.com/genderhealth1 to see clearly that we need more women in healthcare & pharmacy—STAT!
Brene Brown. Esther Perel. Not sure there needs to be anything more said on this episode! Read Dare to Lead and watch Esther’s 2019 sxsw talk online—it just doesn’t get any better! Thanks Tiff for the rec!
In light of Operation Varsity Blues, inter alia, we should all be taking a step back to understand what we truly value in our worlds. If you don’t know your own core values, listen to today’s episode to hear a tip to get them sussed our for yourself.
Ladies, when was the last time you had a GNO? Something planned with your friends? Today in the pop up podcast celebrating women for #womenshistorymonth, I discuss why it’s important to have gal pals, and create traditions with them!
Trading books and ideas with your Manbassadors, ladies, is a great way to learn in a different way! Thank you, Dr. Harlan Weisman, for the opportunity to share ideas and books over the course of time. One book we shared today is Synchronicity, by Joseph Jaworski.
The manbassador stories are rolling in! Manbassadors are men who sponsor, mentor and advocate for women in the workplace, when the women are not in the room. Story 2 today discusses a mentoring project...on mentoring! Meta, but listen in for more!
Did you know that only 7% of women are truck drivers? In the era of Amazon and buying items online, this stat is scary! Today’s episode encourages all of us to nominate women in trucking now thru 3/22 at womenintrucking.org. Also, here are some inspiring women in trucking and logistics: https://medium.com/@uship_90297/working-towards-balanceforbetter-in-trucking-logistics-37ec530d233
Day 10 of our pop up #podcast miniseries around #womenshistorymonth seeks high alphas! An Alpha woman: “a woman who has embraced her leadership ambitions. She is talented, highly motivated, and self-confident.” Thanks Amy Stark of #SMDames for your suggestion! Check out: https://www.scienceofpeople.com/alpha-female/ to see how alpha you are!
“It is the ultimate luxury to combine passion and contribution. It’s also a very clear way to happiness,” according to Sheryl Sandburg. Today, I discuss my day job with ASCP, and combining my passion for senior #leadership for #women...in #pharmacy #pharmaceuticals and #healthcare!