Steve Schwanke became a full time evangelist at the age of 22! He speaks of how he was able to keep a full schedule at such a young age. After ten years in evangelism he took the Huntsville Bible Baptist Church. The church had at the time twelve members. Today, after four years as the pastor the church runs 120 on a consistent basis. The Lord has been leading Brother Steve to start churches around the Huntsville AL area. In closing he gives a testimony about his upbringing. He was raised in a family of twelve children. Today most of the kids are in full time Christian service and all of them serve the Lord in different capacities.
This is a great podcast! Enjoy!
Here is the check list for Brother Tony's Holistic Approach to Depression:
A. Concerning My Spirit:
· I am intentionally abiding in the Lord, His word, prayer and His Spirit. (Jn. 15:7; 1st Jn. 2:27)
· I am intentionally trying to abide in a Christ – centered triangle relationship with my wife Evon. That’s therapeutic for both of us! (1st Peter 3:7)
· I am intentionally putting on the whole Armor of God by putting on the characteristics of Christ (Col. 3:10 – 14) the “living word of God” and by being obedient to the written word of God, the Bible. (Ephesians 6:10 – 18)
· I am intentionally dying daily so that I can experience the crucified, abundant or exchanged life. ( Gal. 2:20; Jn. 10:10; 2nd Cor. 5:21)
· I am intentionally seeking the Lord’s kingdom and righteousness first.(Matt. 6:33)
· I have joined the healing journey ministry at church.
· I have joined a Thursday Night Bible Study emphasizing the healing of the spirit, soul and body. Lessons taught by Dr. John Woodward (a dear friend and brother) via DVDs after having gone through training in Tennessee.
· Like the Apostle Paul, I am learning how to glory in my infirmities, necessities, persecutions, reproaches, distresses etc. for the Lord’s sake; realizing that His grace is sufficient for me (2nd Cor. 12:7 – 12). I also realize that God is using this infirmity in the process of conforming me to the image of Christ (Rom. 8:28,29). “All things are of God” (2nd Corinthians 5:18)
B. Concerning My Soul:
- Note: The soul is a trichotomy. It consists of the emotions, (“the feelers”) intellect, (“the thinkers”) and the will (“the choosers”).
· I am intentionally applying Philippians 4: 5 – 20 to my life. This portion of scripture emphasizes how to experience the Lord’s presence, peace, perspectives, providence, power, provisions, and promises.
· I am a student of this disorder; reading, studying, and learning methods on how to understand and manage this disorder.
· I am intentionally trying to do the Lord’s will as it is written in His Word. I am trying to live a :
1. Sanctified life ( 1st Thess. 4:1 – 4)
2. Sincerely thankful life (1st Thess. 5:17)
3. Sacrificial life (Romans 12: 1,2)
4. Soul – conscious life (1st Tim 2:3 – 4)
5. Spirit – filled life ( Eph. 5: 17 – 18)
· I am attempting to help others experiencing anxiety and depression disorders.
· I am teaching a bible study at the Maplewood YMCA. One of the lessons that I am teaching is on the healing of the spirit, soul and body. The same lessons taught by Dr. Woodward.
Tom Stiles has been helping pastors, churches, and Christian schools navigate New York politics and laws for decades. Today, May 21, 2020, he gives helpful information on when churches should reopen. You can find Tom Styles at ariseministries.org.
I had the opportunity to know Ken Shaver in our church in Oklahoma City where he served the Lord as a laymen. Pastor Ken Shaver is a former Black Hawk helicopter pilot, air traffic controller, and international air traffic training manager. He entered the ministry at age 41 when he started the Greater Cumberland Baptist Church now pastored by his son-in-law Paul Edes. Pastor Shaver is currently serving as pastor at the Greater Vision Baptist Church in Owensboro, KY.
Ken and his wife Robin have a wonderful home life with four children who serve in churches and many grandchildren. On the podcast, Brother Shaver teaches the blessing and benefits of family devotions. Enjoy!
Erik Sabiston is a bestselling author, producer, public speaker and airline pilot. He is also the President/Founder of RTAG, Veteran/Aviation Consultant, Award Winning Co-Producer and Military Technical Advisor.
On the podcast he speaks about his Christian faith, tells about writing a military book with no curse words, and gives advice to those serving in the armed services on how to be a Christian Soldier.
Below is the link to his best selling book:
Dustoff 7-3: Saving Lives under Fire in Afghanistan
David Cialini and I discuss the importance of Bible reading, tips, tools, and ideas to keep you in God's Word. Here us a downloadable Bible reading schedule to tape into the fly leaf of your Bible http://www.pastorjack.org/?p=1842
1.) Build a habit of reading. 2.) For reading comprehension - read a summary, wikipedia, watch a YouTube lecture or podcast by the author about the book. 3.) Scan and skim the book before you read. 4.) Highlight then take notes - don't just read to have read but read to learn. 5.) Feel free to pause a book to pick up another or to quit a book. 6.) Rereading is the best reading! read your favourite book again.
We have an opportunity for growth and productivity that we have never had before: “redeem the time!”
11 Ways To Redeem the Time From pastorjack.org http://www.pastorjack.org/?p=2312(opens in a new tab)