This is Jurmaine Health; the centre to help you achieve wellness in both your brain and body. We endeavour to increase cross communication between health professionals for your health and wellbeing. We’ll bring you topics on neuropsychology, neurobehaviour, neuromusculoskeletal, neurogastro, movement is wellbeing, metabolism and microbiome, which are also some of the services that we provide.
Seen Lee shares more of her insights into her life as an elite athlete.
"I'm sure that there is a happy medium somewhere in between that can be achieved, I do not know what that is... for an extended period of time being a full time athlete is detrimental for mental health" Seen says.
Discover what she means by the above by simply listening to this bonus episode! Enjoy!
How various activities layers on impact on the wrists
How work environment can create an impact on the wrists
Did you know that there is a sport, like volleyball, but with legs only?
Can you heal faster with PRP or ABI injections even when the jury is out there? How does the outcome of that compare to cortisone?
Why too many adjustments does not mean wellness
How too many adjustments too frequently just means instability
Wellness means different things to different people
Wellness actually means -
Movement of the Gut
Movement of the Neuroimmune System
Movement of the Breath
Movement of the Emotions and Mind
Movement of the Tissues throughout the Body and Brain
- Recruitment patterns; are you using your hips to do a bicep curl?
- Is your breathing getting in the way of your lifting?
- Bodybuilding, even just to 'get big' is a full body activity
- Scapular dysfunction a result of the surrounding tissue tensions
- Cheating through movements, and hoping that your muscles, tendons, etc will support you
- Simple positioning changes may help relieve shoulder pain/prevent injuries
- Importance of correct technique, including starting position
- Breathing; chest vs. belly
-Shoulder compensating for limited mobility downstream
- Bench press support; Thompson pad and Slingshots
- Importance of training in multiple planes, not just one
- Climbers, we're no longer monkeys; use your legs to help you climb too
- Send in your videos or stories, if you'd like feedback on any 'shoulder' issues that you may be having
Labeling yourself into a shoulder box Bullet Proofing your shoulders or just plain "Bull...t?" Why templates don't work Envy is the worst enemy Great Expectations Double Crush Syndrome More than 80 different types of junctions, muscles, ligaments, nerves, artery, capsules that can affect the shoulder. Don't knock Intervention Pain Management. They can help speed up recovery by half the time. Cupping vs Blood Letting Cupping vs Placebo Ultrasound = Collective Silence Active Release Technique is not Pinning and Stretching
When Shoulder Issues really isn't a shoulder issues.
Case studies of
Client has had a year of shoulder pain and couldn't do muscle ups
Client shoulder pain, referred from ribs
Client shoulder pain from bronchitis
Client shoulder pain from mild pneumonia
Client shoulder pain, severe episode, turns out to be cancer.
How Jurmaine Health became Brain and Body.
Why it is important medical professionals need to overcome biases and start working together.
What other medical professionals commonly think of Chiropractors and more.