1. Communicate. Initiate group chats with friends and family to decrease loneliness.
2. Self Care. Perfect opportunity to indulge in self care. Do what brings you happiness and peace.
3. Acknowledge your emotions. Be aware of your emotions and do not ignore them. There is a lot going on in the world so let the emotions flow, good or bad.
4. Be productive. While your regular routine is being interrupted still find ways to be productive.
5. Laugh. Find humor in the day to day despite the seriousness of things going on around us.
6. Limit access to media. While it is good to be informed. Be mindful not to overload yourself with news that alters your mood.
7. Get fresh air as much as possible. Even if you are only able to stand/sit in your backyard.
8. Help others. Remember we are all in this together and the smallest gesture goes a long way.
When life begins to overwhelm you, stop, and make the choice to do something for someone else and see how much better you feel. I challenge you to not be selfish but selfless and see the impact it has on your mental health.
You must actively motivate yourself continuously throughout the year to maintain momentum. Continuously moving forward means finding pleasure and rewards in your tasks and even taking breaks occasionally. Doing this you may find that you achieve goals sooner than expected.
Goal setting is much more than simply saying you wan to do something or make something happen. Unless you clearly define exactly what you want and understand why you want it in the first place, your offs of success are considerably reduced. By following these rules of goal setting you can set goals with confidence and enjoy the satisfaction that comes along with knowing you achieved what you set out to do.
Often those who suffer from mental illness, suffer alone and in silence. This is largely due to sometimes not being able to explain what is going on them. It is not that they do not want to but they do not know how to or it is simply unexplainable. To those of you in the dark place of depression know that you are not alone and there is hope. Click like, subscribe, and share, and visit www.lifemattersplus1.com.