An Outlier is someone who
- Leads a full and complex life.
- Achieves high levels of competence and esteem.
- Has multiple Projects at once and can't switch off.
- Swings between intense focus & withdrawal.
- Swings between feeling fully connected and then deeply alone.
- Feels nobody truly understands them
Our purpose is to collaborate with you across 5 domains providing clarity on deep challenges in life, business & ambition
1. Complexity management
2. Understanding yourself
3. Business development
4. Integrating peace and ambition
5. Emotional, intellectual and spiritual maturity
Major points of interest in this episode
1. Typically the internal analyser is out of balance and therefore burdened with some emotion.
2. Outliers are typically not satisfied with simple or easily accessible solutions and feel the need to over enquire.
3. An increased level of personal complexity can awaken a 4th person (analysis) perspective which at the same time knocks out prioritisation and therefore inhibits your ability to act because all perspectives have enough merit to be correct.
4. Analysis normally comes down to a sense of control and trying to have foresight on all variables
5. The individual has come out of balance between 1st person realities and 3rd person realities. A simple remedy is to always consider 1st person intuitions, experiences, intimations and simple personal wants as viable and trusted sources of growth.
6. The 'spill over' point is when an individual has gone beyond the limits of variables in mind and feels helpless to act or change.
Success was once a nourishing game full of gold but now it's weighing on you.
You may be trying to solve or squash these emotions with more success?
Success comes naturally but nobody warned you of the deep contradiction down the road.
The further you go the more devised you may become but the more unity you need.
Simple solution at the end.
The Outlier commonly has one line of intelligence that stands head and shoulders stronger and more developed than the rest. although this will develop deep competence, it also creates separation and suffering.
This can lead to the personality favouring this line as a 'go to' for all problems whether it's in its scope or not.
This person can accidentally organise their entire self behind a single part confusing it for a whole.
Leading to problems like
1. Competency bias - thinking they are good at all things because they are good at one thing
2. Using this line of intelligence in the wrong context or with poor timing
3. Insensitivity to others
4. Ignoring other areas of development by hiding behind their giftedness
Continuing the theme of early success I explore some of the unforeseen challenges of chronological early achievement.
- Learning that achievement equals love .
- Bracketed morality/ The goal of achievement no matter the cost.
- Inflated sense of self without the perspective of age and time
- Coaching and training character alongside ambition.
- When pride is too high the emotional cost of failure can traumatise an individual.
The image of success is never the experience of it.
In this episode I briefly outline the COST of early success and how it can contaminate your authenticity.
The unforeseen negative consequences of early success can really leave people rattled, confused and avoiding their gifts.
- Loved ones leaving you
- Your personality changing into something you don't like
- Friendship fractures
- Critical judgments and bullying
- Losing all your personal time
- Partnerships that become toxic
A 10 minute podcast on a new view towards mental illness and what it means to be alive in 2020.
The world is demanding more of you now than it ever has in at the fastest rate in history ..
What do we do with such immense challenge ?
This is part 2 as we reconvene the conversation, in this we continue to explore
Why did some people rise after cover-19?
have we evolved or devolved ?
Stories and narratives
beyond stories into healthy spirituality
language and world spaces
The intelligence inherent in nature
Everything is NOT just energy
I joined some very good pals on their podcast 'Pursuit Of Love' Where they chew the fat about all things mastery and pursuing something deeply.
Free Will and lack there of :)
Ever had the experience of being 'possessed' by heavy emotion or moods.
The feeling like something has come over you and you start to spiral?
This episode can shine a light on the neurology of this phenomenon and some simple things to do to get out of it.
Outliers are on the razors edge and can sometimes fall on the bad side, know what to do when this happens.
Flight Fight & Freeze are never associated with human flourishing or economic advantage
What if there is a survival response that actually has real world benefits ?
If so, this almost becomes an ethical and moral issue ....
Do you show someone this inbuilt survival response in an attempt to bring peace and balance??
By far one of the trickiest intra-personal dynamics to see in yourself because at one stage of life it most likely kept you alive.
Did you grow up with a chip on your shoulder?
Did you swim, talk or walk early?
Were you known for your good grades ?
There was a huge spike in the size of our brains, the theory goes it was apes eating magic mushrooms.
What if something like that was happening right now but it was so subtle that you had to have shoved in your face to see it.
"Oh cool, so your telling what I already know about myself"
Personality types are sooooo 90s!
This episode explains why personality types and why personality profiling is such an anticlimax and leaves everyone thinking
" hmmmm I think there is a little more going on than this'
Have you been sold the dream of complete and total self knowledge through a 10 question profile? hahaha me too
We take a quick little run around the spiritual playground and give multiple perspectives on an all too elusive subject. Part of my mission is to make this conversation more accessible and sensible so it can continue on.
What could it be??
Spirituality in 1st person - simply the experience of experience
Spirituality in 2nd person - 'The great thou' a personified energy out there
Spirituality in 3rd Person - An interconnected web of everything outside me
What is this all about and am I the right person ?
Common struggles and gifts of Outliers
Hi, my name is Nathaniel Hodges founder of Outliers Consulting we work with a very specific type of person that this intro episode will outline. Our purpose is to collaborate with you across 5 main dimensions
1. Complexity Management
2. Self Understanding & growth
3. Integration of ambition and personal peace
4. Business development
5. Emotional, intellectual and spiritual maturity.
If you listen to this and it resonates and/or the four dimensions above talk to you in a way, I encourage you stay engaged with us as we go.
All the best ,