A Novel Writing Journal. Writing my first novel has been an enormous undertaking (and I'm even not done yet.) Pants In The Chair is an attempt to share some of my journey with the hope that it may help other writers and creators with their own journeys. This is a journal of what I have learned and what I am continuing to learn every day.
“The art of writing is the art of applying the seat of the pants to the seat of the chair.” - Mary Heaton Vorse
Everybody is always talking about Scrivener. It's the program I'm writing my novel in. But, do you need it? Should you be using? How do I use it?
I hit an important milestone and I want to share the plotting technique that took me from working on a plot for over a year to just four days.
● Scrivener: https://www.literatureandlatte.com/scrivener/overview
● Nabokov article: http://www.openculture.com/2014/02/the-notecards-on-which-vladimir-nabokov-wrote-lolita.html
● Action Method cards: https://actionmethod.com/products/action-cards
● Stationery kit: http://amzn.to/2p10ZDF
● To send questions, download the anchor app https://anchor.fm and send us an audio message or email firstname.lastname@example.org -- I know I say "email@example.com" in the episode but that has changed.
This is the first episode and I can think of no better place to lay out what this podcast is going to be, what you can expect to hear, and why I'm creating it. If this were a novel it would be the introduction.