5. Colin Webster speaks about how he created Counter Attack, the soccer strategy board game.
Soccerlit’s Mitchell Petit-Frere spoke with Colin Webster about Counter Attack, the soccer strategy board game. Colin delved into his love of soccer games and how that passion influenced Counter Attack, as well as the intricacies of bringing a board game to life.
September 8, 2019
4. Zach Lowy on his legendary Twitter threads, building a soccer website and so much more.
Soccerlit’s Mitchell Petit-Frere is joined by Zach Lowy, a co-creator of Breaking The Lines (BTL) and one of Soccer Twitter’s most influential voices. Zach details how he grew to love soccer, the story behind creating BTL, how he has such a vast knowledge about every aspect of the game and so much more. He even reveals 3 players from Europe’s top leagues he expects to have a breakout season.
September 1, 2019
3. Jon Mackenzie on writing a Marcelo Bielsa book with no access, life as a freelancer and more.
Soccerlit’s Mitchell Petit-Frere is joined by Jon Mackenzie to discuss his upcoming book on managerial cult hero Marcelo Bielsa, how he broke into soccer writing, the trials and tribulations of freelancing and so much more.
August 24, 2019
2. Karan Tejwani & Rahul Warrier on freelancing, longform writing and creating Football Chronicle.
Soccerlit’s Mitchell Petit-Frere is joined by the co-founders of Football Chronicle, Karan Tejwani and Rahul Warrier. They speak about their forays into freelancing as teenagers, the mechanics of researching & writing longform stories and what went into the creation of Football Chronicle.
August 18, 2019
1. Jordan Florit on crowdfunding his new book, the state of soccer journalism and so much more.
Soccerlit’s Mitchell Petit-Frere is joined by freelance journalist Jordan Florit to discuss his upcoming book “Red Wine & Arepas: How Football is Becoming Venezuela’s Religion.” Jordan details how he embarked on the journey of writing the book, the reasoning behind crowdfunding it and the process of transforming his vision into reality.
August 11, 2019