In this episode I chat with Robert Miles, an auto accident counsellor in Canada.
He's been running his business for 6 years and gets a trickle of leads but it's not consistent and he'd like more.
We chat about what he could do, and what's worked for me to date.
Myself and freelance graphic designer Nico record a 75 minute chat we had on Skype.
Nico reached out to me a couple of weeks ago with an offer to help me with my videos. I've since engaged him on a project for a new client and it's working out really well for the both of us.
I learned a lot in this call, and it's not just one for graphic designers or people who want to hire graphic designers.
Amongst other things we talk about:
- Why producing and getting feedback is so important.
- Knowing your natural way of selling.
- Playing to your strengths.
- Hiding behind screens.
- Fiverr and Upwork versus helping local business.
- Using Fiverr to test an idea for a niche service.
- Becoming "The XYZ Guy" - locally!
- Stop overcomplicating things and just go out there and do it.
Andy Black is a freelance AdWords consultant building a little agency and a lead gen business.
The-J is a freelance Conversion Rate Optimization consultant also looking to escape the time-for-money trap.
Both are members of www.thefastlaneforum.com, where they connected.
This is the first time they've actually spoken to each other.