Find out about everything Corvette-America's Sports Car! Join your host, Steve Garrett, as he talks about what's going on in the world of Corvette. Hear guests from the Corvette industry along with the latest news & headlines about Corvette!
Join the Facebook group,
And sign up for CORVETTE TODAY emails: https://corvettetoday.ck.page and see the YouTube channel!
Play CORVETTE TODAY on your smart device too! Just say, "Hey Alexa (or hey Google), play the podcast called CORVETTE TODAY", and you're connected!
On this episode of CORVETTE TODAY, you get to meet the Corvette Plant Manager for the Bowling Green Assembly Plant, Kai Spande!
Your host, Steve Garrett, introduces you to Kai as he traces his career with GM. Kai talks about how the Bowling Green Assembly Plant transitioned from the front engine, C7 Corvette, to the mid-engine C8 Corvette. You'll get insights on the plant expansion and how they made that all happen...giving the new C8 Corvette a true state-of-the-art build facility.
Kai also tells you about the Corvettes he has owned and the funny story of how he loved Corvettes, but never thought he'd get to work for it during his tenure at GM.
Get to personally know Corvette Plant Manager, Kai Spande, on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
Wow....there is so much Corvette news coming out right now. And that's what is discussed on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY! Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com joins your host, Steve Garrett to cover it all. Check out some of the headlines below....
1. GM Cancels June Allocation – 3000 status orders to be completed
2. Chevrolet releases details and pricing on 2022 Corvette
3. Chevrolet will offer a Corvette C8.R Special Edition for 2022
4. 2022 C8 Corvette Visualizer is now live
5. Right-hand drive C8’s arrive in Japan and revealed at Fuji Speedway
6. Ordering Opens in Australia and New Zealand
7. GM still working out details for 2023 Racing Program
8. Juan Pablo Montoya loves the Indy 500 pace car C8 Corvette!
9. With C8 details out for 2022, the Z06 will most likely be a 2023 model
10. Pre-owned Corvette pricing up 34% in the last year
...and there's lots more! Don't miss this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.
Mike Furman from Criswell Chevrolet is the #1 Corvette salesperson in the world! And on May 29th, he delivered Corvette #5,000 of his career!
Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, relives that delivery on this podcast. Furman talks about what customer got #5,000, the gifts he received and the entire event itself. Plus, Mike talks about his favorite Corvette delivery, his personal Corvettes that he has owned and when #6,000 might be delivered.
It's a monumental story and a monumental episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
It's the unofficial start of Summer-Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com is back with your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, to keep you current on what's going on in the world of Corvette.
Here are a few of the the topics discussed on this podcast...
1. Corvette plant shuts down second consecutive week
2. Chevrolet offers tips on how to keep the C8’s LT2 engine running well
3. Tadge Juechter talks about the C8 Brake Fade Warning System
4. A judge rules that the C7 cracked wheel lawsuit can proceed
5. Mobil 1 The Grid profiles the drivers of Corvette Racing
6. Danica Patrick drove the C8 pace car at the Indy 500
7. The Sledgehammer’s high bid was $500,000, but that’s not good enough!
8. Finally….the C8 Corvette is featured on Top Gear!
9. Hallmark offers a Torch Red C8 Corvette Christmas ornament
10. FEEL GOOD STORY: An 87 year old buys his first Corvette!
Check it out....You'll love this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
David Burroughs is a quiet, soft spoken man. He has accomplished so much in the world of Corvette. He is the person responsible for creating the Bloomington Gold judging and the Gold Certification!
Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, talks to David about how he came about creating this judging standard, the obstacles he overcame and how it became so successful.
David is widely recognized as one of the leaders in automotive authentication in the world. He has branched out to authenticate other things too, which are talked about in this podcast. His company called Prove-It has accomplished just that!
He co-authored the book, "Corvette Restoration-State of the Art" and is an accomplished formation pilot!
It's a fascinating story about Corvettes and judging on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
Catch up on the latest Corvette news & headlines with your host, Steve Garrett, and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com. Here are some of the topics covered in this podcast....
1. 2021 C8 production runs through August
3. Corvette was the fastest selling car again…this time, in April 2021
4. Consumer Reports offers their 1st impression of the 2021 C8 Corvette
5. The NCM announces the Andy Pilgram Driving Experience
6. The C8 Corvette Convertible is the official Pace Car for the 105th Indy 500
7. NCM selects LLumar as its preferred PPF
8. Chip Foose customizes a ’62 Corvette with a Midyear dash
9. The famous Sledgehammer Callaway Corvette offered for sale on Bring-A-Trailer
10. YouTuber “Fourwheel Trader” offers an excellent Market Analysis and Depreciation update for the C8 Corvette
11. Philly Conquers de’ Elegance celebrates Corvette, America’s Sports Car
Stay up to date on everything Corvette with this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
Corvette Fever magazine has not been published for a while. But Alan Colvin, a walking encyclopedia of GM cars as well as Corvette, has purchased the rights to Corvette Fever and has revived this publication!
Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, visits with Alan to talk about the books he's written on Corvette and other GM products, his history with the old Corvette Fever magazine and how he plans to revive the publication.
Plus, listen to this podcast to learn how you can win one of 3-two year subscriptions to Corvette Fever that we're giving away exclusively on this podcast!
Listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast and win a subscription to Corvette Fever magazine!!!
Check out the latest in the world of Corvette with this CORVETTE TODAY podcast for early May 2021. Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com joins your host, Steve Garrett to keep you up to date! Here are a few of the topics covered in this podcast....
1.. Corvette’s 3 new colors debuted at the NCM Michelin Bash
2. C8 Hard Top Convertible sales amount to 41% of C8 sales
3. Corvette Europe to hold launch event for C8 on May 7-9th
4. NCM announces $12 million expansion
5. Doug Fehan inducted into the Corvette Hall of Fame
6. Oliver Gavin retiring from Corvette Racing after the Spa WEC race
7. C8 Z06 and ZR1 mules spotted testing in Ohio
8. Chevy is preparing to start pre-production on a widebody C8
9.. Michigan’s Gilmore Car Museum showing “Greatest Generation” Corvette exhibit
Wow....there's SO MUCH to hear about-stay current on what's happening with Corvette on this episode of the CORVETTE TODAY podcast!
You know Rick DeBruhl by face and by voice. You've seen Rick on TV for IndyCar races and Formula 1 on ABC, ESPN, NBC and Speed TV. You've seen and heard him as TV host of the Barrett Jackson auctions.
Rick sits down with your CORV ETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett and talks about his career. He talks about his start in radio and television in California. He gives you insight on how he got into the racing business. Rick also talks about rubbing elbows with some of the biggest racing figures in the history of Formula 1 and IndyCar. And obviously, Rick also talks about the important role Corvette plays in each and every Barrett Jackson auction!
Then Steve and Rick dig deep into Barrett Jackson, which he's done for nearly 20 years. Rick DeBruhl is a storyteller. That is clearly evident on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY....enjoy!
We are thrilled to say that this podcast begins year #2 for CORVETTE TODAY! Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com teams up with your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, to keep you on top of what's going on in the world of Corvette. Here are some of the topics covered in this podcast:
1. April 2021 Constraints and Production Update – 11000 orders still to produce
3. Zeus Bronze and Sebring Orange are now no longer available for order
3. Corvette is the fastest selling new car for the 3rd month in a row!
4. Corvette dominates Q1 sales with 51% marketshare
5. Corvette has highest model loyalty in Luxury Sports Car segment
6. Sportscar 365 says GM Racing will make a decision on LMDH & GTD Pro in 45 days
7. Digital Paint samples for three new 2022 colors revealed
8. Tonowanda #1 Team Badges available for sale at Chevy Parts Counter
9. Corvettes at Carlisle to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the ’96 Grand Sport
10. Supercar Blondie is a fan of the C8 Corvette!
Join us as we start year #2 with this News & Headlines podcast for CORVETTE TODAY!
CORVETTE TODAY celebrates it's one year anniversary with this truly fascinating episode...your host, Steve Garrett, introduces you to the man who designed the C5, C6, C7 and C8 Corvettes, Tom Peters!
Tom talks about his early years when he first discovered Corvette, his path to a California design school, how he got his GM scholarship as a sophomore in college (when they were only given to junior and seniors) and all through his 35 years at GM.
Tom gives you the inside scoop on how they introduced the C5 Corvette at a reserve Air Force base and the competition thereof. He also recalls the story of how Global Design Vice President, Ed Welborn, gave his team the OK to finally call the C7 Corvette a "Stingray". Then Tom recalls his induction into the Corvette Hall of Fame.
If you miss any CORVETTE TODAY podcast, don't let it be this one! You'll be glued to your listening (and YouTube viewing) device for this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
Springtime is here-it's time to get your Corvette out of Winter hibernation! Plus, it's time to get caught up on the latest news and headlines in the world of Corvette!
Join your host, Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com for the latest Corvette news and headlines! Here are a few of the topics discussed on this podcast....
1. Corvette production update
2. GM suspends Chevy dealers from submitting any more 2021 Corvette “SOLD” orders
3. NCM increases deliveries to 55 per week
4. The Corvette was the fastest selling car in February 2021!
5. Average transaction price for a 2021 C8 was $86,185
6. Doug Fehan returns to Corvette Racing as a Brand Ambassador
7. Corvette Racing may receive a waiver to race current C8.R’s in IMSA GTD Pro Class in 2022
8. MotorTrend says the C8 E-Ray will be quicker than the Z06
9. Which generation of Corvette is the most aerodynamic?
10. Briggs Cunningham’s 1960 Le Mans race car headed to Amelia Island Auction
11. Comedian Kevin Hart purchases a mint C1 for $825,000
There is so much to get caught up on! Don't miss this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
Don't miss this unique episode of CORVETTE TODAY. Your host, Steve Garrett, visits with Michael DiGiorgio. Michael took a 19 day trip in his new C8 Corvette Coupe. He traveled over 9,000 miles, visited 23 different states, 17 National Parks and over 100 points of interest.
Michael details his trip, talks about how well the mid-engine Corvette performed and tells you where to watch the videos that chronicle the trip. As we get into Spring and Summer, this episode of CORVETTE TODAY will definitely make you want to get your Corvette out and maybe plan a road trip of your own!
Here is the link to Michael's first video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbA0JVwPYRc
Enjoy the video and this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
It's time to stay current on what's going on in the world of Corvette with this news & headlines podcast with your host, Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com!
Here are some of the topics discussed in this podcast:
1. C8 Production update – Over 7500 Corvettes built for 2021 so far
2. High wing spoiler and black Trident wheels are back!
3. There is now a video on how to fix the front lift fluid leak on the C8
4. Kelly Blue Book reports that the C8 offers the best resale value for sports cars
5. Autosport.com says that GM is considering dropping Corvette Racing program...say it ain't so!
6. Corvette Racing gets 2 invites for Le Mans and confirms Spa race entry
7. Corvette Racing at Sebring and their new racing livery
8. C8 Z06 mule is confirmed with 345/25ZR21 tires
9. Shipping Corvettes by Rail might become a thing of the past
10. ProCharger tests a supercharged C8 on the track
If it's news on Corvette, it's covered in this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, sits down with Frank Mecum from the Mecum Auctions to talk about their business and how Corvette plays an integral part in each auction.
Frank takes you through what happens on auction days, their TV show and coverage, how he got started in the family business and what his job entails as Vice President of Consignments. You've seen Frank during the auctions negotiating with sellers and buyers. Get the inside scoop on what it's like on the auction floor on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com team up again to keep you up to date on the latest on what’s going on in the world of Corvette on this podcast! Here are some of the topics Steve and Keith discuss….
1. C8 Z06 seen testing in Arizona
2. C8 pricing goes up $1,000
3. New book-the Corvette Stingray Mid Engine revolution
4. MotorTrend reports an interior redesign is coming for the C8 in 2023
5. Don Sherman offers details about the 2023 E-Ray hybrid C8 Corvette and other models.
6. Final week of 2021 Corvette production is possibly July 19th.
7. Bloomington Gold registration is now open
Stay on top of everything Corvette every other week with the CORVETTE TODAY podcast with your host Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com
Corvette Product Manager, Harlan Charles returns to the CORVETTE TODAY podcast to answer YOUR questions about Corvette! Your host, Steve Garrett, polled readers from MidEngineCorvetteForum.com and CorvetteForum.com to see what questions they had about Corvette for Harlan to answer.
You'll find out interesting answers to questions like:
1. What are cold weather driving limitations for the C8 Corvette, if any?
2. Will 2021 C8 Corvette owners receive a "thank you" Corvette model gift too?
3. What are the differences between a Z51 and non-Z51 Corvette for street use.
4. How does the Corvette Team go about selecting colors for new Corvettes?
5. What was Harlan's favorite item that didn't make it to the C8?
These questions and more are answered by THE Product Manager for Corvette, Harlan Charles, on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com get together once again for the the latest update in the world of Corvette. It’s News & Headlines for late February 2021. Here are some of the topics covered in this podcast:
1. Winter storm delays reopening of BGA
2. ISeeCars.com reports that the C8 Corvette was the fastest selling car in January 2021
3. Don’t expect Black Trident wheels back until April 2021
4. The C8 is the Daytona 500 Pace Car
5. Here are the Corvette colors being retired in 2022
6. Sylvester Stallone buys a Rapid Blue C8 Corvette
7. Play Corvette Drive on Alexa
Listen to CORVETTE TODAY here: www.anchor.fm/steve-garrett
Visit the CORVETTE TODAY website: www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
Sign up for CORVETTE TODAY emails: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
Join the CORVETTE TODAY Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
Steve Garrett introduces you to the star of Bitchin' Rides on MotorTrend TV, Mr. Dave Kindig!
Get a "behind the scenes" look what it takes to film a show like Bitchin' Rides from the man himself. Dave talks about his humble beginnings, how he taught himself design sketching, car fabrication and how he built his business and his shop from the ground up. It's a fascinating story that you won't want to miss.
Plus, Dave is a Corvette guy too. He talks about past Corvette builds, future Corvette projects and his favorite Corvettes to date. By simply listening to this podcast, you can tell that Dave Kindig is truly one of the nicest car guys you'll ever meet. And his talent, car design and build quality is unmatched. You'll love this episode of CORVETTE TODAY....promise!
I know it's February and you're probably not driving your Corvette (unless you live in Florida or a warm weather climate), but we still have lots of news & headlines for you in this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com fill you in on the latest in the world of Corvette. Here are some of the topics discussed:
1. Corvette plant closes for 2nd straight week
2. GM announces they will make only electric vehicles by 2035.
3. Carbon Fiber ground effects package for the C8 available again.
4. GM says Gen X buying more C8 Corvettes
5. Corvette Racing wins at Daytona!
6. Corvette Racing’s Laura Wontrop Klauser talks about the future of GT Racing
7. The ’59 red Corvette from the movie Animal House goes up for sale!
8. A Z51 C8 Corvette runs a 2.49 for Car & Driver’s 2021 Lightning Lap
9. GM debuts the full Super Bowl commercial
It might be cold outside, there might be snow on the ground, but we have the latest in the world of Corvette on CORVETTE TODAY!
Have you ever watched the 24 hours of Le Mans, in France! It's the Grandaddy of all races. Corvette test driver, Jim Mero, participated in Le Mans in 1995!
Steve Garrett sits down with Jim to recap his entire Le Mans experience....what an incredible story. Jim recalls his time with racing legends like John Paul, Jr, Chris McDougal, Doug Rippie, Tommy Sapp and even Mario Andretti. Jim takes you through his racing career and how he made it to Le Mans, the world's biggest race, with a C4 Corvette!
Listening to this podcast will give you goosebumps.....do not miss this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com connect to bring you up to date on the latest news in the world of Corvette! Here are just a few of the topics discussed in this podcast:
1. GM Vice President, Steve Hill, says most C8 buyers are new to the Corvette Brand and wealthier than C7 customers.
2. The high wing spoiler for C8 is available again on Chevrolet.com
3. The first 1967 L88 sells for $2.5m at the Mecum Auction/Kissimmee
4 Laura Wontrop Klauser is named as Sports Car Racing Program Manager
5. The 2021 race season begins for Corvette Racing at Daytona with new lineup
6. New C8.R driver, Nick Tandy, says the C8 is more stable than the Porsche 911 RSR
7. A man wins Corvette in the Georgia Lottery, but can’t get one from a local dealer
8. A 2019 C7 ZR1 run the quarter mile in 9.592 seconds!
9. Lingenfelter introduces a lowering kit for C8
You'll be up-to-date on Corvette when you listen to this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
On this CORVETTE TODAY podcast, Steve Garrett sits down with Bloomington Gold owner and president Guy Larsen to talk about what happens at a Bloomington Gold event. Find out why its so much fun to attend!
You'll learn how to get your car judged and certified at Bloomington Gold, Find out what there is to do at this huge Corvette event. And, if you would like to become a judge for Bloomington Gold, you'll hear about that process too. You don't have to have your Corvette judged at Bloomington Gold to have fun at this event.
Put this Corvette show on your calendar for 2021-find out why by listening to this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.
It's our first News & Headlines podcast of 2021 with your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com. Even though we're just coming out of the holidays, there is plenty of Corvette news to discuss. Here are a few of the topics discussed on this podcast:
1. GM delivers almost 9,000 C8 Corvettes in Q4 of 2020
2. Part 2 of the “Mid Engine Corvette Story” launched right after the new year
3. 2021 C8 Corvette VIN #1 delivered at the NCM
4. Mecum Auctions features over 230 Corvettes for sale at their Kissimmee Show-last 2020 C8 offered for auction along with Mickey Thompson’s 1963 Z06 Tanker Corvette
5. Motor Authority names C8 Corvette as it’s “Best Car To Buy” in 2021
6. Randy Pobst hot laps a C8 Corvette for MotorTrend
7. Procharger for C8 Corvette makes 700 horsepower
8. Hear about the new features on the 2021 C8 Corvette
9. YouTuber Doug Demuro names the C8 his favorite car of 2020
10. Muscle Car City (in Florida) to close after 14 years
It's a great way to start 2021-it's our first News & Headlines podcast of 2021 on CORVETTE TODAY!
We kick off 2021 talking about the National Corvette Museum!
There's a LOT of opportunities and things to do when you visit the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Kentucky! And who better to explain everything that's going on than the Director of Marketing & Communications for the NCM, Katie Ellison.
Steve Garrett and Katie go through darn near everything you can do, see and experience what you visit the NCM, which includes hosted trips by the NCM, the new race track, exhibits, the gift shop and how to become a member too.
Plus, Katie takes us through getting your car delivered to you at the NCM! There's a whole lot you didn't realize that goes on at the National Corvette Museum. And you'll learn about everything on this episode of the CORVETTE TODAY podcast!
Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com finish up 2020 in style with this News & Headlines podcast. Here are some of the topics discussed in this podcast:
1. Retired Corvette Exterior Design Manager, Tom Peters, joins the staff at the National Corvette Museum.
2. The first 2021 C8 is a Torch Red Z51 coupe
3. New 2021 C8 Corvettes started shipping as of December 20th
4. 2020 C8 Corvette named “The best car I drove this year” by a Fox auto reviewer
5. Doug Fehan steps aside from Corvette Racing (hear Doug's CORVETTE TODAY podcast #24)
6. The C7 Corvette Racing #3 car on sale for $950,000
7. GM releases part 1 of the documentary covering the development of the mid-engine Corvette
Finish off 2020 by listening to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast.....Happy New Year!
Have you heard of the National Corvette Restorer's Society? If you haven't or if you've considered joining the NCRS, be sure to listen to this podcast. Steve Garrett sits down with Harry Ledgerwood from the Kansas City chapter of the NCRS. Harry recently got elected as the Midwest Regional Director for the NCRS.
This podcast introduces you to the National Corvette Restorer's Society, tells you what they're all about and why it's important to join. It's a fun and informative CORVETTE TODAY podcast.
Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com get you into the holiday spirit with a lot of Corvette news & headlines. Even thought it's the holiday season, there is still tons of things to talk about in the world of Corvette! Here are some of the news items covered in this podcast:
1. 2020 Corvette production to end on Monday, December 14th.
2. What spec is the last 2020 C8 Corvette built?
3. C8 Corvette outsells all other rivals in Q3 2020.
4. Will ordering a personalized VIN give you a loophole to getting your Corvette early?
5. The Corvette Performance Driving School at Spring Mountain has a special holiday offer.
6. A 2020 Corvette arrives at a dealership with a two-tone "Boomerang"
7. A 1989 Corvette is turned into the Michael Keaton Batmobile and sells at the Mecum Auction for $88,000
8. The "All Corvettes Are Red" historic photoshoot!
Happy holidays from CORVETTE TODAY....enjoy this podcast!
Steve Garret brings in another key member of the Corvette Team, Kirk Bennion, for the CORVETTE TODAY podcast. Kirk and his team are responsible for the design and looks of Corvette! Kirk has been with General Motors for over 36 years and started working on the Corvette team in the C4 era.
Steve and Kirk reminisce about Kirk's path to GM, when he and his staff started working on the design of the C8, what Kirk's favorite design elements of the mid-engine C8 Corvette are, what his favorite generation of Corvette is and what outside influences come into the design of Corvette.
It's a fabulous listen from an A-List member of the Corvette Team-meet Kirk Bennion, Corvette's Exterior Design Manager on CORVETTE TODAY!
Even though we're into the holiday season, there's still a lot of Corvette news! Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com fill you in on what's going on. Here are a few of the headlines discussed in this episode of CORVETTE TODAY:
1. First pictures of the new right-hand-drive C8 Corvette headed to Japan
2. Lawsuit with GM about cracked Corvette Grand Sport wheels has been dismissed
3. C8 Corvette named to Car & Driver’s annual “10 Best” list for 2nd year in a row.
4. 2020 C8 Corvette goes on sale in the Middle East
5. Final production stats for the 2020 C8 announced
6. Nick Tandy to replace Oliver Gavin on Corvette Racing Team
7. Chevrolet celebrates IMSA championships with new commercial
8. The ’63 Split Window makes Hagerty’s list of coupes worth more than their convertible siblings
9. Procharger teases of a supercharged C8 Corvette
10. OnStar thwarts the theft of a 2020 C8 Corvette
Happy holidays-don't miss this News & Headlines podcast of CORVETTE TODAY!
Steve Garrett has the honor of talking to Corvette's Executive Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter on CORVETTE TODAY! Tadge talks about how he started working at GM, what his first job was for the company, his path to success and how he attained his current position.
Then Steve and Tadge trace his time with the C4, C5 and C6. You'll learn how the C7 almost became the mid-engine Corvette! Tadge talks about how the true mid-engine car we know today was being developed while the C7 was coming to market!
Then Tadge takes a deep dive into the development and product launch of the current C8 Corvette. He talks about how the Corvette team attained the buy-in for GM executives to build the car, the research and architecture of the C8 and the future of this mid-engine marvel.
Tell your friends, stop what you're doing right now and check out this outstanding episode of CORVETTE TODAY with Executive Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter!
Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com collaborate to bring you the latest news in the world of Corvette! Here are just a few of the topics covered in this episode of CORVETTE TODAY:
1. Chevrolet announces 2021 C8 production starts on December 8th
2. 2021 Corvette Allocations and Orders Underway
3. BGA has 2 day shutdown because of Covid issues with Mexican supplier
4. Chevrolet salutes Oliver Gavin as he concludes his full-time roll with Corvette Racing
5. A 2008 Corvette C6 Z06 sets the track record for a naturally aspirated engine.
6. GM presents C8 HTC & SUV at 2020 China International Import Show
7. Corvette wins its category in the JD Power US Resale Value Awards
8. 2014 Corvette from the movie “Spencer Confidential” on sale on Craig’s List
Be sure to check out this week's episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
It's one thing to hear Corvette stories from enthusiasts. But it's another thing to hear legendary stories from the man who actually made the stories happen himself. Steve Garret has the honor of talking to the legendary man who drew the design for the iconic C2 Corvette Sting Ray, Mr. Peter Brock.
It was Peter's original design that wound up becoming the C2 Corvette. Peter tells you, first hand, about Corvette almost being killed in the late 50's and early 60's. He also tells you how Bill Mitchell single handedly saved Corvette from extinction! Mr. Brock also recounts the story of how Zora Arkus-Duntov hated the 1963 Split Window Corvette. He tells you why it was made as a split window and how it became a one-year car. Do you know why Corvette has a Grand Sport? If you don't, Peter explains the origins of it.
Peter Brock was also the first employee hired by the legendary Carroll Shelby. Did you know that Peter designed the Shelby Daytona Cobra coupe? You'll hear that story here too. Plus, Peter talks about the movie "Ford v Ferrari" and gives you the REAL story behind the movie!
DO NOT MISS THIS PODCAST....the man who lived the story actually tells you the story--it's Peter Brock on the CORVETTE TODAY podcast!
Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com collaborate to give you the latest updates from the world of Corvette. Here are some of the topics discussed in this podcast:
1. More C8’s dealing with faulty valve springs-GM extends build window for affected engines
2. The C8 is the Car Of The Year from Popular Mechanics.
3. 2021 Configurator is now online.
4. New Carbon Fiber pieces plus new accessories coming for the 2021 C8.
5. Find out where he perfect place to store E-Ray batteries in the C8 Corvette is.
6. Batwoman’s new ride is a C7 Corvette Shooting Brake!
These are just a few of the topics discussed on this edition of CORVETTE TODAY!
Steve Garrett introduces you to Lance Miller. Lance is the Co-Owner of Carlisle Events, which hosts the largest Corvette show in the country-Corvettes At Carlisle.
Corvettes at Carlisle is one of the only major Corvette show that took place this year. Lance talks about how things went this year during the pandemic. Plus, he also talks about what the show is like during a non-pandemic environment.
Lance is also the owner of the 1960 #3 Corvette that won it's class at Le Mans in 1960. You previously heard about this valuable car on CORVETTE TODAY in podcast #14 with Kevin Mackay, podcast #15 with Michael Brown and podcast #22 with Jan Hyde. But in this podcast, you get the story from the owners perspective!
It's Lance Miller from Corvettes at Carlisle on the CORVETTE TODAY podcast.
Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com combine once again to bring you the latest news and headlines in the world of Corvette! Some of the topics you'll hear about are:
1. GM delivers 6,355 C8 Corvettes in the 3rd Quarter
2. Callaway offers a 25th Anniversary Special Edition for C7 Z06
3. 2020 C8 Corvette named Car Of The Year by Popular Mechanics
4. Chevrolet announces that C8 production extended thru the end of the year. 2021 production starts in December.
5. EV Hybrid may replace the Grand Sport in the C8 lineup
6. 2022 C8 Z06 spied at Grattan Raceway with rear wing and newly exposed wheels
7. Corvette Racing using 3D printed parts
8. What the reveal of the C8 lineup tells us about the future of Corvette
9. Guess what Batman’s daily driver is!
Be sure to check out this edition of CORVETTE TODAY!
Steve Garrett sits down with famous Corvette photographer, Richard Prince in this episode of CORVETTE TODAY. Richard is responsible for all the famous Corvette Racing photos you've seen over the years.
Richard walks you through his start with Corvette and other brands as well. Plus, you'l hear the back story about some the most famous Corvette photos ever! The ironic thing is, Richard never wanted to be a photographer-he's a Corvette repairman and restorer at heart. How he got into photography is fascinating....and you'll hear it all on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.
Every other week, Steve Garrett is joined by Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com to keep us up to date on what's happening in the world of Corvette. Here are just a few of the topics covered in this episode:
Stop Sale because of a brake sensor issue
New TSB on C8 engine valve springs
Recall for driver's side safety belts
A C8 Corvette "Easter Egg"...the Zora logo on the windshield!
The first C8 hard-top convertibles arrive in Canada
MotorWeek does a modern day tribute to the 1963 Split Window Stingray
It's a great new episode-don't miss it....it's the newest CORVETTE TODAY podcast!
If you are a Corvette fan, you have to be interested in Corvette Racing! Steve Garrett learns just about everything there is to know about Corvette Racing for THE man who heads up Corvette Racing....Doug Fehan.
Doug traces the origins of the race program from its beginnings all the way up to present day. Fehan talks about the new mid-engine C8.R race car and its differences from the C7.R. Doug outlines the races Corvette Racing participates in during a typical year and why they did not go to Le Mans this year. Learn about the passionate race fans and the driver's relationship with them.
Doug's energy, enthusiasm and passion come out bold and proud in this fantastic episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com peruse Corvette Headlines & News for mid-September 2020. Included in this episode are:
-The Corvette Visualizer for 2021 is now online
-The National Corvette Museum raffles off the 1.75 millionth Corvette
-Electric, all-wheel drive Corvette possibly coming out in 2023
-Country Music star George Jones' Corvette gets donated to the NCM
Stay current on what's going on in the world of Corvette with this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
If you're a fan of Corvette Racing and a Corvette historian at heart-don't miss this episode!!!!
Steve Garrett sits down with Jan Hyde from the Registry of Corvette Racing. Jan extensively goes through the history of Corvette Racing-all the way back to 1953. Plus, Jan talks about his website (www.RegistryOfCorvetteRacing.com) and how you can enjoy and learn all about Corvette history and racing. Jan looks back at the beginnings of Corvette, even before Zora Arkus-Duntov up to present day.
It's a fascinating look at the car we love so much on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
Be sure and listen to this new feature on CORVETTE TODAY-it's Corvette News & Headlines! Steve Garrett sits down with Keith Cornett of CorvetteBlogger.com to keep you up to date on what's going on in the world of Corvette.
Steve and Keith talk about the latest news about Corvette, the C8.R Racing Team, Corvette rumors and the lighter side of Corvette. This will be a new, regular feature on CORVETTE TODAY. So be sure to watch for Corvette Headlines on CORVETTE TODAY!
CORVETTE TODAY takes you on a different Corvette path! Steve Garrett visits with Tamara McGinnis, the President and Founder of the Facebook group called VBP Vettes.
VBP Vettes is not your typical Corvette Facebook group-Tamara, along with her husband, Barry McGinnis, attend Corvette shows all across the country! There is constant activity on the VBP Vettes Facebook page. Plus, VBP Vettes as a full line of apparel, an annual calendar with Corvettes from VBP members, they host their own VBP Vettes show in their hometown of Topeka, Kansas and other annual gatherings.
VBP Vettes has member worldwide! Learn about this and how you can join too on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.
Hear first-hand what's going on at the National Corvette Museum with Curator, Derek Moore!
Steve Garrett talks with Derek about what's on display now, what is going to be on display in the future and expansion for the National Corvette Museum. This episode of CORVETTE TODAY will make you want to drop everything and go to Bowling Green, Kentucky and visit the National Corvette Museum!
Steve Garrett gets the inside scoop from Corvette Test Driver Jim Mero! Jim talks extensively about test driving the C7 Corvette, Z06, Grand Sport and his favorite Corvette of all time...the C7 ZR1.
You'll hear about Nurburgring testing, lap and track times for C6 and C7 Corvettes and more. Learn about benchmark cars for Corvette. Plus, all the insight on how Magnetic Ride Control was developed.
Now that Jim is retired, you'll learn about his own business....and yes, he's still in the car tuning business! It's a truly fascinating episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
Steve Garrett spends time talking to the legendary Ken Lingenfelter to learn about his business, Lingenfelter Performance Engineering, his passion for Corvette and how it all started!
The guys also talk extensively about "The Lingenfelter Collection". Ken's car collection totals over 250 cars-30% exotics, 30% muscle cars and the rest are Corvettes! Ken guides us through the collection, which includes Corvettes owned by Zora Arkus-Duntov, a Bugatti Veyron, a Ferrari LaFerrari and a Lamborghini Reventón.
You'll be amazed to learn about Lingenfelter Performance Engineering, The Lingenfelter Collection and the man himself on CORVETTE TODAY.
THIS IS THE PODCAST YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!
Steve Garrett sits down with Corvette Product Manager, Harlan Charles on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY. Harlan talks about his early years with Chevrolet and how he became Product Manager for Corvette. He also discusses the cohesive work done by the entire Corvette team-from C5 through C8. You'll learn about the evolution of the new mid-engine C8 Corvette and the steps taken to bring it to market.
Plus, Harlan delves into the launch of the C8, the development of the strategy behind the mid-engine car. Plus, Steve and Harlan update you on the worldwide release of the C8 and the new items available for the 2021 Corvette.
DON'T MISS THIS EPISODE OF CORVETTE TODAY!
I don't know about you, but I watched every episode of Corvette Nation when it was on The Discovery Channel. On CORVETTE TODAY, you'll meet the host of Corvette Nation TV, Michael Brown.
Michael talks about his love for Corvettes, his very first Corvette purchase, his Corvette Collection and his other love and collection besides Corvettes. You'll also get a behind the scenes story about the TV show, Corvette Nation.
Don't miss this episode of CORVETTE TODAY with Michael Brown!
If you're interested in Corvette history and famous Corvettes that shaped history, DO NOT MISS THIS PODCAST! Steve Garrett talks with Kevin Mackay from Corvette Repair on Long Island, New York.
Kevin has owned, restored and brought back to life the most significant Corvettes in history, including the third Corvette ever built from 1953! This car is now on permanent display at the National Corvette Museum.
He talks about most of these significant Corvettes on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY. Plus, Kevin has written a book call Corvette Hunter. Learn about his book and win one when you listen to this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.
Steve Garret has a candid conversation with Dr. Sean Preston, the President and CEO of the National Corvette Museum. Sean talks about the virtual NCM Bash this year (because of Covid-19), what's new at the Museum, upcoming events and how you can become a member of the National Corvette Museum.
Also hear about new exhibits, the updated website development, the new virtual aspects now in place at the Museum and Museum In Motion. Be sure to check out this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
Steve Garrett delves into the world of YouTube and Corvette for the first time! He speaks to Justin from HorsePower Obsessed. Learn how people make money on YouTube, hear about Justin's 2019 Black ZR1 Big Wing. Learn about the C8 he has on order. And also hear about Steve's C7 Stingray Carbon Fiber Edition Corvette. It's the latest episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
Steve Garrett talks to Adam Pitale, the Founder of Adam's Polishes! Learn how he got started, how Adam's Polishes developed and how he got connected with GM as the official car care products for Corvette and Camaro.
The stories are great, the podcast listen is fun-meet Adam Pitale on CORVETTE TODAY!
In the world of Corvette, I you can say that your Corvette has been "Callaway'd", It's a HUGE deal! Meet Reeves Callaway, the owner and innovator of Callaway Cars.
Reeves talks to Steve Garrett about how he got started, what you get when you have your Corvette Callaway'd, the technology that goes into their system, how he got started and connected with General Motors and what they have in store for the new md-engine C8 Corvette .
It's a fascinating interview on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
DO NOT miss this episode of CORVETTE TODAY! Steve Garrett visits with Rick Malone, the lead driver and head instructor at the Ron Fellows Corvette Performance Driving School at Spring Mountain in Pahrump, Nevada!
Spring Mountain is like Top Gun, only for Corvette-you'll learn to drive this car to the edge of the envelope. Rick goes in-depth about this 2 day school. You'll get a extensive overview of the course, understand what you'll learn there, a great explanation of what is accomplished during the 2 day event and more.
If you've ever considered signing up for the Spring Mountain experience, you'll want to even more after listening to this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.
DO NOT MISS THIS EPISODE! Steve Garrett talks to John Kraman-TV co-host of the Mecum Auctions on NBCSN. John is a HUGE Corvette enthusiast (he owns 2 Corvettes and has a C8 on order) as well as a walking encyclopedia of automobiles.
John talks about the legendary Corvettes sold at the Mecum Auctions, how to buy a Corvette or any car at auction, what to look for and which Mecum Auction has the best Corvettes for sale!
It's a fantastic interview-don't miss this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
OK, you bought your Corvette dream car-now you have to insure it. But don't go to a traditional "big box" insurance company. Insure your Corvette (or exotic car) through the National Corvette Museum!
Steve Garrett talks with Adam Boca, the National Corvette Museum supervisor for insurance. Adam explains the advantages of insuring your exotic or Corvette through the NCM...which includes setting a predetermined value for your car, in case of a disaster. All this for the same cost as a "big box" insurance company.
It's an eye-opening episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
Meet John Elegant....yes, that's is real last name! John is the Founder of MidEngineCorvetteForum.com. He is also a Lifetime Member of the National Corvette Museum.
Through John's connections with the Corvette Team, John is able to put out real truths about the C8 mid-engine Corvette. His website is a wealth of information about the newest generation of Corvette. You'll love to listen to Steve Garrett talk with the man simply called...."Elegant" on CORVETTE TODAY.
Let's talk about paint.....Corvette paint. Steve Garrett talks with Todd Cooperider, a Master Detailer who owns Esoteric Detail in Columbus, Ohio. Not only does Todd and Esoteric work on very high-end cars like Ferrari and Pagani, he is also a Corvette owner (C7 ZR1). So Todd has worked on and knows about Corvette paint, first hand.
Don't miss this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
You might not recognize his face, but if you're a true Corvette enthusiast, you'll definitely know this man's Corvette paintings, watercolors and prints. Dana Forrester has been painting Corvettes (in watercolors) for years with a nostalgic style....a Corvette in front of a brick wall with old-time advertising on the side of that building!
Steve Garrett sits down with Dana to talk about his paintings, his style of artistry and his relationship with the National Corvette Museum and the National Corvette Restorers Society on CORVETTE TODAY.
Steve Garrett sits down with Keith Cornett, Founder of CorvetteBlogger.com. CorvetteBlogger is the #1 daily newsletter about Corvette in the industry!
Hear about Keith's "leap of faith" in starting CorvetteBlogger. He also shares his insight about the new C8 Corvette, what is going on with it, and what it will take to start production back up. Also find out about Keith's book on Special Edition Corvettes and how to purchase a book.
Welcome to Episode #2 of CORVETTE TODAY!
In this podcast, Steve Garrett interviews Mike Furman of Criswell Chevrolet. Mike is the #1 Covette salesperson IN THE WORLD!!!! He has sold over 4,500 Corvettes in his 42+ years of automotive sales.
Mike talks about the buying experience with Criswell, how to get a sight-unseen trade-in offer for your current car, and his high school experience with Tom Cruise!
Enjoy podcast #2 of Corvette Today.
Listen to this brand new weekly podcast that focuses on everything Corvette!
Corvette Today is hosted by Steve Garrett, President of the Corvette Club of Kansas City, Missouri, MC and DJ of one of the largest Corvette weekends in America-Corvette FunFest at Mid America Motorworks. Plus Steve is a Moderator on CorvetteForum.com-the world's largest Corvette enthusiast website. He is also a radio DJ at 101 The Fox (KCFX-Kansas City).
Steve's guest on Corvette Today is Jeremy Welborn. Jeremy is a Tech Contributor on CorvetteForum.com. He is also the President of the Southwest Oklahoma Corvette Club and a National Corvette Museum Ambassador.
Segment 1: Jeremy's love for Corvette and how he got started collecting.
Segment 2: The current status of the Bowling Green Assembly Plant
Segment 3: The Corvette shows Jeremy attends and the SW Oklahoma Corvette Club
Tune in weekly to Corvette Today!