This is a no-nonsense show where your host Syed Irfan Ajmal will be revealing success secrets as well as massive mistakes of tech entrepreneurs, digital marketers, speakers, writers, creatives and more from all around the globe. This isn't about working 16 hours a day. This isn't about being unproductive or having unhealthy obsessions while ignoring other important parts of your life. This is about keeping it real and balanced while still growing a business venture that you love so that you have a life that you can be content with.
🗣Time for a true story from my personal life.
I'm broke, ill, unemployed, and depressed. 🤒
I've just moved from Stockholm to Copenhagen.
I am on the verge of being homeless (and NOT for the first time).
And I already feel like a loser and a lost cause.
Then, I started doing something different to find a job.
My room mates and everyone else was laughing at me and mocking me.
⚡️But after a week or so, I had secured not one but 2 jobs.
BENEFITS OF MY UNCONVENTIONAL APPROACH:
① live comfortably (for the first time during my Scandinavian stay)
② make some savings
③ learn a few new things
④ realize (with more certainty) that jobs ain't for me
⑤ eventually leave Scandinavia and my 2 jobs, and then become a full-fledged entrepreneur
E N J O Y ! 🙂
🗣[SOLO Episode]: I started doing something different in 2018.
🚫First off, I realized (by reviewing some data; more on that in another episode) that being busy is NOT always akin to being productive. 🚫
Then, using 2 simple hacks (a bullet journal and a POMODORO app), I was able to:
⚡️ maximize focus
⚡️boost my productivity
⚡️ attain exponential ROI growth in 2018
Check out the episode to know how I use these hacks, and how they helped me.
📖SHOW NOTES & MORE AT: ➡️ https://www.syedirfanajmal.com/podcast/2-game-changing-productivity-hacks-2018/
400 media mentions & press clippings in 4 weeks, along with the artwork being bought for $2.3 million. ⚡️
Not a bad result for a controversial publicity stunt (or should we call it an art project) right?
German 🇩🇪 Public Relations expert and entrepreneur Melanie Marten shares what Die Guillotine (The Guillotine in German) was, what was its main purpose, and how it was pulled off.
Melanie also shares her insights on PR in general, how she got into PR, the right way to pitch and build relations with editors & journalists, and how companies can leverage PR to be more ⓀⓃⓄⓌⓃ.
SHOW NOTES & MORE AT ➡️ https://www.syedirfanajmal.com/podcast/melanie-marten-public-relations/
Experts like Neil Patel suggest that (most) companies should (for the most part) avoid homepage links as these are not going to increase conversions. This is because the home page isn't usually focused on a single or particular product, service, or keyword.
Keeping this in mind, how beneficial is it for you to earn backlinks via HARO (since you typically get homepage links via it), and what is HARO's true #SEOvalue for your brand and business?
In this episode, we speak about this issue in detail, and we also suggest a unique twist you can employ in your #HAROoutreach to earn inner pages backlinks.
Yes it is possible and you can implement it with ease. This tactic (which we've implemented with good success) will boost your SEO, and increase your targetted and 'free' organic traffic, leads, and revenue.
SHOW NOTES & MORE DETAILS AT ➔
In this solo #ASKIrfan episode I share:
• what HARO is
• How we increased our HARO success rate from 0% to 47.06%
• the one Chrome extension which will make your HARO campaign 10X better
SHOW NOTES & OTHER DETAILS AT ➔ https://www.syedirfanajmal.com/podcast/publicity-backlinks-haro-s01e06/
In this episode, I answer a commonly asked question, "What are the top SEO myths of today?"
IMHO, the top 3 SEO myths of today include:
1. SEO is D.E.A.D.
2. SEO is all about writing search engine optimized content. Yep, stuffing your article and its meta description with commercial keywords won't get you ranked (unless, perhaps, if you are working on local SEO, or an extremely rare low-competition industry)
3. Well, let's have you listen to the episode to find this one out ;)
I also speak about:
• The difference between old SEO and new SEO. Hint: One is spammy & low-quality while the other is better, nicer (to your readers and search engine bots), bigger & stronger.
• What makes backlinking extremely critical to attaining sustainable and 'free' organic traffic (and no we ain't talking about low-quality, irrelevant backlinks harvested through software or spammy VAs).
• And much more!
◉ PS: With this episode, I am starting a new format of the SIA Business Show whereby, from time to time, I will be doing solo episodes to answer questions listeners have asked me, or to share things that I would like to speak about. ***
◉ PPS: The original format (long-form interviews with distinguished entrepreneurs, marketers, speakers, creatives etc will continue).***
FOR SHOW NOTES & MORE, PLEASE VISIT ➔ https://www.syedirfanajmal.com/podcast/top-3-seo-myths-sia-s01e05/
Elvin Zhan is a Singapore based polymath and #startupfounder with his interests ranging from Quantum Physics to #Blockchain and #Fintech. He also has won an award for playing a unique Chinese musical instrument.
In this episode he speaks about:
• why his family moved him from China to Singapore
• why he spends 70% of his social media time on Facebook and 30% of his time on #WeChat (a Chinese super-app)
• why he rejected UC Berkley after getting rejected from MIT, Stanford, and Harvard (and why he lied about it to his parents)
• his first business in a $100 million Singaporean industry
• his first exit (a 6 figure USD amount)
• How Toucan Pay came into being
• Why Peter Theil's Zero to One concept means different things for different startups
• The mismatch between business and technical teams
• The right way to pitch to VCs
• The importance of Blockchain Technology
FOR SHOW NOTES & MORE, PLEASE VISIT ➔ https://www.syedirfanajmal.com/podcast/elvin-zhang-startups-sia-s01e04/
From being a biotechnologist in New Zealand to an entrepreneurial and “spiritual” #copywriter in Malaysia, Lisa Zahran has a pretty interesting story.
Listen to her speak about:
• The first #milliondollar campaign she helped launch at #Mindvalley
• Exponential growth through a combination of functional and cross-functional teams
• The key ingredients of a great #landingpage
• How good #emailmarketing is “like a knock on the door”
• Tips on sales emails, launch sequences, and how to “plant the seeds of curiosity” to build suspense
• Strategically mapping out content versus just ranting, and how the number 1 rule of chefs “respect the knife” can help you be better at it
• Why #genuinescarcity is better than fake scarcity, and how to use it
• Key things entrepreneurs should look for while working with a copywriter
• Her FREE ebook "5 Success Mindsets to Boost Impact & Sales With Integrity"
FOR SHOW NOTES & MORE, PLEASE VISIT ➔ https://www.syedirfanajmal.com/podcast/lisa-zahran-copywriting-sia-01e03/
A shocking failure led Liam to ditch his Ph.D., and he then went on to create Staff.com and Time Doctor both of which improve productivity through #timeanalytics & #timetracking.
Managing 80 employees #workingremotely from 27 countries, Liam has spent the last 10 years working measuring & improving productivity.
Liam talks about:
• How productivity & staying in office for 8-10 hours are not the same
• The benefits and challenges of remote work
• The one personality type that’s ideal for remote working
• How to hire and groom remote employees
• Why Liam spends 2 hours each day doing nothing except thinking
• How the Distraction Economy spends trillions of $$$ to keep you distracted & addicted
• Liam reveals a secret project: comparing your health data with your productivity
• The goals of the Running Remote Conference that Liam & Co are organizing (it’s happening in a Bamboo jungle of Bali!)
• A discount for our listeners if they want to attend Running Remote Conference
FOR SHOW NOTES & MORE, PLEASE VISIT ➔ https://www.syedirfanajmal.com/podcast/liam-martin-productivity-remote-employee-management-fighting-distraction-economy-s01e02/
From designing kids apps to games, and from creating a clothing range to multiple online creative platforms to getting an award from the ruler of Dubai, Aussie entrepreneur Peter Gould has done it all.
His Islamic Design Thinking company has worked with governments, a Prime Minister, and brands like Etihad Airways, Thomson Reuters, and more.
In this podcast episode, Peter talks about:
• How, during early years, Peter used to get an hour of sleep in the corporate boardroom before the client’s arrival to make up for sleepless nights
• How Peter and his team helped an organization raise over a million dollars of extra donations (70% increase)
• Using the Dove Analogy for better work performance. It's really good!
• The significance of the 4-Hour Work Week and how many people get it wrong
• Peter’s tips for the shift from employment to entrepreneurship
• Peter’s secret but simple marketing strategy for bagging big brands
Show notes are & other details at ➔ https://www.syedirfanajmal.com/podcast/peter-gould-s01e01/