These days if you venture into the field of Tantra, you often find the trend of "polyamory" entwined with it. Polyamory means "many loves" and is a way to try to deal with the fact that we have many connections with different people, even if we are in a committed relationship with one person.
"Poly" can mean anything from having multiple lovers at a time, sharing energy and touch with many people but sex with one, or have a primary relationship in which there is an openness about attraction to others.
It has sometimes been used to deepen trust, honesty and connection in a relationship. But it has also been used to try to "have it all", and can become an excuse to take what you want, no matter whom that hurts.
As a group of Tantric professionals, we entered discussion about this. Is this actually a path for growth and expansion, or it is causing us unnecessary pain?
Join us on our red table discussion on the topic...
With (in order of appearance):
Shashi Solluna (host): shashisolluna.com
Kalindi Jordan: www.kalindijordan.com
Hajnalka Makk: www.hajnalkamakk.com
Maria Fazzingo: www.energyoflove-tantra.com
Today I chat with Kalindi Jordan, a teacher or Tantra, Tao and Sexual Healing based in the UK. Her work really specializes in the healing that is required before we can have the sexual experiences we desire...and even the sexual experiences we haven't yet even dreamed of!
Often we get so focused on trying to attain the expansive experience or pleasure we long for, that we don't realize that healing in our body and also our mind are actually essential steps before that can happen.
Past traumas can shut us down in various ways. But also our thought patterns can deeply affect our sexual capacity.
Kalindi has worked so deeply with women on these areas that she has developed a very profound understanding of how thoughts affect the body, and blocks are created.
In this podcast, we chat about her findings and how women and couples can move through blockages. As she also works with teens, we chat about how to work with the next generation.
Find out more about her work at https://www.kalindijordan.com/
This is an interview with the academic Stuart Sovatsky, with his astounding 50 years' experience studying Psychology, Counseling and Classical Tantra.
An unusual voice in the world of Tantra, Stuart is a great believer in building long-term committed relationships in which to practice Tantra.
He also looks at the importance of awareness of fertility at the core of Tantra...the seed of life. And how this awareness can bring a deep profound element to our eroticism. Beyond mere reproduction, can our fertility point us home to the Source of life?
Stuart also explains his theory of the "second puberty". The first one being in our teens when desire awakens, but the second one being more of a spiritual awakening when the kundalini energy is activated. This changes our sexuality from a genital-focused act to a full body experience, with the higher centers included. Beyond pleasure, we can taste bliss.
Access his books on amazon:
Access his academic works here: http://princeton.academia.edu/StuartSovatsky
In this episode I explore the mechanics around using sex and sexual energy to generate spiritual experiences.
Topics covered include:
- What IS a spiritual experience anyway?
- How can our state of contraction or expansion affect our reality?
- Why do we seek expansive or spiritual experiences?
- What did Tantra and the Taoist Sexual Arts teach us about using sexual energy for spiritual growth?
- Can sex lead us to our higher self?
- How is orgasm related to generating expanded states of consciousness?
- How can we use sexual energy as rocket fuel for our spirituality?
- What are the energy pathways used and how can we open them?
- What practices are used to facilitate sexual-spiritual experiences?
- What precautions do we need to take doing these practices?
Author: Shashi Solluna
for trauma healing see www.livetantra.com
for other online courses and books see www.sollunatantra.com
Shashi interviews Minke de Vos, one of the world's experts in the Tao Tantric Arts (over 30 years' teaching experience). Minke shares the secrets of how you can turn sex from a physical act into a spiritual experience, generating more love and energy.
In this podcast:
- Hear how Minke had her own spontaneous energy activation.
- Learn how the Taoists view sex as an exchange of energy and also a way to generate energy.
- Discover how ejaculatory choice (being able not to ejaculate or to wait longer before release) can affect love-making.
- Find out what yin and yang energies are and how we use them in love-making.
- Learn how we shift heavy sluggish feelings into light and energized sensations using sex.
- Hear about ways of circulating sexual energy through the body.
- Find out how a couple can exchange energy in different ways.
- Discover the mysteries of astral sex and energy body sex!!!!
- Plus Minke shares one of her own personal sexual experiences in which she merged with the Universe!
Learn about the Taoist Sexual Secrets from one of the world's most experienced masters, Minke de Vos.
Minke teaches trainings for women on www.taotantricarts.com and her other website is http://www.femininetreasures.com/
Her book is called "Tao Tantric Arts for Women" and is available on amazon.com