The Bank - BSL Radio - NFL & Baltimore Ravens Talk
By The Bank
This show provides highly detailed discussion of the Baltimore Ravens and the rest of the NFL. The show is a part of Baltimore Sports and Life (BSL).
- Wink is out... thoughts on his departure? - It's rumored that Mike MacDonald will be leaving Michigan to rejoin the Ravens, and replace Wink... - The Ravens are nearing an extension with Harbaugh... - Antonio Brown and the Ravens... mentioned once again... - Our colleague Jim Johnson wrote about Modell and the HOF... - ESPN's Mel Kiper Mocked Iowa C Tyler Linderbaum to the Ravens on the 19th... - Cincinnati has reached the AFC Conference Championship... how worried are you with the Bengals going forward?
January 28, 2022
- Thoughts on Huntley? - Will the Ravens and Jackson reach an extension this Summer, or will the '22 season begin without an agreement being reached? - Tyus Bowser suffered a Torn Achilles in the season ending loss to Pittsburgh. Do you think that injury will impact how the Ravens build their defense? - The Ravens have the 14th overall pick in the 2022 NFL Draft. Is there a name (or position) which currently stands out for you? - The Ravens have a last place schedule. While the schedule is not yet known, the opponents are. What stands out? - The Ravens were 1-5 against the AFC North in '21. Do you give any particular focus on that this offseason? - Wild Card Weekend
January 13, 2022
- What's the biggest off-season priority? - The Ravens haven't made the most of Jackson's initial contract... - Had this team been relatively healthy... what would they have accomplished? - Will the '22 team be the best collection of skill position talent the Ravens have had? - Rather beat the Steelers or get a better draft pick?
January 07, 2022
The 8-4 Baltimore Ravens head to Cleveland to face the Browns.
December 09, 2021
- The loss in Miami.. - The AFC hierarchy - Bell released... thoughts on the running game... - Football Outsiders DVOA & The Sun's Mike Preston's midseason report card - Previewing Sunday in Chicago
November 18, 2021
- Reaction from Sunday's OT win vs. the Vikings - Elliott is done for the year - The Ravens got production from Freeman and Bell Sunday - Our colleague Mirzet has an article up looking at the Midseason PFF grades - Thursday Night Football vs. Miami
November 11, 2021
- Current thoughts on the AFC? - Keys with the Vikings Sunday? - Ravens X-Factor the rest of the way? - The Ravens stood pat at the trading deadline... surprised? - The Ravens lead the NFL in missed tackles and most yards after catch allowed, according to Pro Football Reference. Will this be improved starting Sunday? - Jonas Shaffer at The Sun has a quality article up looking at 22 stats which defined the Ravens season so far.... what stands out?
November 04, 2021
The Ravens are 5-2 entering their bye week. We evaluate what we've seen so far this season, and what predict what to expect the rest of the way.
October 28, 2021
On this episode of The Bank, we discuss the Monday Night comeback vs. Indianapolis and preview the Week 6 match-up vs. the Chargers.
October 14, 2021
- Thoughts on the defense as a whole going into Week 5. - The PFF grades have not been kind to 2nd year LB Patrick Queen. - Hollywood Brown rebounded from a couple of drops at Detroit to have another strong game - Ty'Son Williams was down Sunday with Le'Veon Bell activated. What are we going to see Monday night? (Jamie, Mike) - Football Outsiders DVOA - The Ravens start a 3 game home stand Monday night when they host Indianapolis.
October 07, 2021
On this Episode of The Bank, we reviewed the Ravens Week 2 win vs. Kansas City, and preview Baltimore's Week 3 trip to Detroit.
September 23, 2021
In this episode of The Bank we discuss the Baltimore Ravens' season opener loss at Las Vegas, and look ahead to Sunday Night in the home opener vs. the Kansas City Chiefs.
September 17, 2021
- After losing Dobbins, the Ravens have now also lost Justice Hill. Maybe that doesn't impact the running game overall, but a further loss of speed, and a quality ST option. In response, Le'Veon Bell has been added to the practice squad, and Cannon to the active 53. Current thoughts on the RBs? - The season is starting with no Dobbins, no Bateman, no Boyle. Orlando Brown Jr isn't at RT. There is already a bright spotlight on Jackson. How intense is that light going to get if the offense is a work in progress early on? - The Ravens added Sammy Watkins. Bateman and Boyle will return. Duvernay and Proche are entering Year 2. Tylan Wallace adds further depth. Stanley is back. Zeitler was added RG. Villanueva shouldn't be a train wreck at RT. Center almost has to be improved. What's a reasonable goal for the passing offense this year? - The defense is loaded. Tucker is the best kicker in the game. Quality defense. Quality special teams. An ability to run. Jackson. For anyone not optimistic about the Ravens chances this year, you say what? - Buffalo is coming off their AFC Championship Game appearance. New England is significantly deeper after their Free Agent spending, return of players who opted out last year, and another draft. Of course the draft has added their QB Rookie Mac Jones. Miami is entering Year 2 of Tua. Does the AFC East get 2 playoff teams? - The Titans reached the AFC Championship Game 2 years ago. They have Tannehill, Henry, AJ Brown, and Julio Jones. The Colts have a quality roster, and we will see if Wentz can stay healthy and perform in a system which should suit him well. Who wins the AFC South? - KC with an improved Oline, and healthy Mahomes is a popular choice to represent the AFC for a 3rd consecutive year. Let's talk about the rest of the West.... how do you handicap the race between the Chargers, Raiders, and Broncos? Chargers a darkhorse SB team for some. - Pittsburgh won the AFC North last year, and will have a quality defense. Will see if their O-line allows them to run. Despite some of the losses, the Ravens are deep on both sides of the ball. The Browns have a lot of talent. Fully expect the division gets 2 playoff teams. Will they get 3? - The Ravens record this year? - Keys for Week 1 at Vegas? - The AFC Championship Game... who gets there? - Super Bowl 56... Feb. 13th... who and who?
September 09, 2021
- JK Dobbins has been lost for the year... how do the Ravens adjust? Interest in Gurley or Bell? If you added a FA, would you carry 4 backs? - Roster Cuts, Down to 53 - Here are some newly released players on the market... anyone interest you? - ESPN's Top 100 Players... Jackson the highest Raven at 22... any issue there? - Over / Unders.... - 12 Ravens wins? - Edwards 1,200 yards? - Jackson 35 combined TD's? - Jackson 204 carries? - H. Brown 70 catches? - Watkins 14 games?
September 01, 2021
- What can we expect from the Ravens in the initial weeks of this season? - Two of the three preseason games are in the books... thoughts? - Roster Bubble Time - Who is standing out? - Stanley's back... - ESPN's Most Recent Power Rankings are out... how many teams can win the AFC?
August 25, 2021
- Updating Bateman's injury, and the current health of the roster - Stanley practiced Monday.... Prior to that, Mike suggested some possible Oline options... - Rob Ryan had some enthusiastic comments on Queen.... fanbase seems skeptical... - Any camp surprises so far? - What do you want to see accomplished in the first Preseason Game beyond health?
August 11, 2021
A look at the Ravens roster by positional unit as Training Camp begins.
July 28, 2021
- Welcome back, let's reset with our 30 second overview of where the Ravens are as camp is about to start - Will the Ravens keep any more than 6 WR's? If only 6, who is the 6th? - What's your ideal starting O-line Left to Right, and how do you see the 3-4 reserves? - Pittsburgh has signed Melvin Ingram in an attempt to help their pass rush? Would you have liked to see the Ravens involved there? - ESPN has the Ravens 5th in their Roster Rankings... too high, too low, just right?
July 21, 2021
Stock up/down from OTAs. Sammy Watkins comments on the complexity of the Ravens offense. PFF top-50 players right now. Ronnie Stanley #46. John Harbaugh, hall of famer? How does he measure up to his peers?
June 25, 2021
- Ravens schedule - Can the Ravens make opponents defend the entire field? - Thoughts on the Browns? - What Ravens players need to step-up this year? - What do you think people are getting wrong in coverage you see about the Ravens?
May 19, 2021
- Bateman and Oweh... our thoughts? - 3rd round selections... Ben Cleveland, and Brandon Stephens - 4th & 5th round selections.... Tylan Wallace, Shaun Wade, Daelin Hayes, Ben Mason - Updated Depth chart... 2-3 QB's? 6 or 7 WRs? 9 or 10 Lineman? - Ravens finalized Villanueva to take over RT.. - What is your current take on the Ravens headed to the Summer?
May 06, 2021
Episode 46: NFL Draft Talk
Our thoughts on the Orlando Brown trade. Plus putting together a 2021 draft "big board" of Ravens three positions of need. O-LIne, Edge, WR.
April 28, 2021
1) The 1st round of the 2021 Draft is Thursday April 29th... who do you want, who do you think the Ravens will be choosing from? 2) Who you can argue for as a reasonably plausible outcome; that you wouldn't be excited to hear selected? 3) Kiper's April 13th 2 round Mock... reactions? 4) ESPN: When will Jackson cash in? 5) Should finding offensive balance be a priority? If so, how do you do it? 6) We talked about Justin Houston last week... he visited the Ravens Tuesday.. how much better would you feel about the defense with him in the fold? 7) Where do you have the Ravens in the AFC hierarchy before the Draft?
April 15, 2021
- Bleacher Report had an article on projected spots for remaining Free Agents... Antonio Brown projected to Baltimore. If we wake up to that signing in the near future, you will think what? - One of our favorite writers is Baltimore Ravens.com columnist John Eisenberg. Eisenberg says don't threat about the pass rush. Agree? Disagree? - At NFL.com, Daniel Jeremiah continues to project Penn State's Edge Jayson Oweh to the Ravens at 27. Thoughts? - Our colleague Jason Hirschhorn wrote about Orlando Brown. Where did you agree / disagree? - Top Free Agents at Each Position... any interest? - League wide... what's the story which interests you the most with the draft?
April 08, 2021
- The Ravens signed RG Kevin Zeitler. The importance of that signing? - What do you do at Center? - The Ravens resigned Bowser... 4 years, $22M. Thoughts on the deal? What are you looking from Bowser going forward? - Mike took another look at possible edge prospects... - The Ravens signed WR Sammy Watkins... did you like the target? Thoughts on the deal? - Jamie took a look at possible wr options...
April 01, 2021
- The Baltimore Sun gave their 5 most important moves the Ravens could make... where do we agree / disagree? - Dax Prescott signed his extension with Dallas... impact on Lamar? - What did we loearn from the State of the Offseason press conferences? - Orlando Brown, Gus Edwards, Brandon Williams - The potential 1st round option that interests you the most this week? - Franchise Tag Deadline winners and losers
March 12, 2021
- Jeff Zrebiec / The Athletic gave his predictions on the Ravens internal FA's... our thoughts - No surprise here, ESPN's Jamison Hensley is saying the Ravens aren't expected to pursue a top-tier WR - Article at Baltimore Ravens.com on Keith Williams (Pass Game Specialist) and Tee Martin (WR Coach) on seeing a high ceiling for the passing game - PressBox spoke with NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah on the Ravens option at 27 General NFL talk - CBS Sports: NFL moving toward 17-game regular season for 2021, with plans to reduce preseason - Nine stars who could be traded this offseason... which name interests you most, where would you like to see that player land?
March 04, 2021
- ESPN: Tag or Goodbye? - Hypothetical fun: Thinking about the Watson situation in Houston... if Jackson was unhappy, and wanted to leave Baltimore... what would be the asking price? - PressBox asked, are Boldin and Smith Sr. First Ballot HOFs? Rank the Ravens Top 5 WR's of All-Time (5-1) - Mike Preston at The Sun wrote about Jamal Lewis being deserving of more HOF support... favorite memories of the RB? - Do we think Dobbins will supplant Rice, or Lewis as the Ravens best RB ever? - Have we seen someone mocked to the Ravens that you want no parts of?
February 25, 2021
- Mike Randall's article today... FA's at positions of need - CBS Sports: Eagles expected to cut or trade former Pro Bowl tight end Zach Ertz - Updating the Orlando Brown situation... better sense of what we can expect via trade? Reaction to Rivers McCown's article. - In Jason Hirschhorn's latest article, he stated, "The Ravens already know the broad figures that will make up Jackson’s next deal, at least to some degree. The team’s chief concerns at this stage relate to the structure of that contract. Reducing Jackson’s cap impact over the next two seasons will allow Baltimore to retain its top in-house talent while also continuing to add pieces on the margins. Jackson should have several opportunities to win a championship, but his best chance could come in the next year or two with smart cap management by the organization.Getting both parties to agree on that vision could realistically dictate whether the Ravens add to their trophy case." Is this the primary question of the off-season?
February 17, 2021
Orlando Brown Requests A Trade
- Recapping the Super Bowl from the Ravens perspective. Reminder once again of importance of line play. - The Orlando Brown situation. How is this going to play out? - Patrick Queen finished 3rd in the Rookie DPOY voting. Thoughts? - Some current mocks. Example 1. Example 2. Example 3. Example 4. Thoughts on the names being connected with the Ravens early on here? - Some early Power Rankings are out for 2021... like / agree with where the Ravens are showing up?
February 11, 2021
Episode 37: Top 5
- Of the guys currently on the roster (under contract), we Power Rank the Ravens Top 5 offensive and defensive players - Jamie wrote about the Ravens history of drafting WR's.. - Reaction to the Rams / Detroit trade - Super Bowl preview
February 04, 2021
Episode 36 : Cap Situation
- Overview of the Ravens cap situation - What to do with Orlando Brown? - What's the primary thing you want to see the Ravens address this off-season? - Of the existing FA's, who is your Top 3in desire to retain? - What do the Ravens have with their young WR's? - Who is a name that is currently projectable to the Ravens draft position (27th) which intrigues you?
January 28, 2021
Episode 35: Moving Forward
Recapped the loss to the Bills - The Ravens have led the league in point differential the last 2 year, but lost playoff games the last 3 years.. are larger changes needed? - Immediate questions facing the Ravens? - Jackson extension? - What are the primary needs? - Initial glance to the Draft... - Tampa Bay / Green Bay? Buffalo / Kansas City?
January 21, 2021
Episode 34: Preparing for the Divisional Game
- Recapped the win over the Titans - Looked at the Bills win over the Colts - Previewed the Ravens offense vs. the Bills defense... keys and questions - Previewed the Ravens defense vs. the Bills offense... keys and questions - Who wins the other 3 playoff games this weekend... Rams at Packers, Browns at Chiefs, Bucs at NO? - The Ravens beat Buffalo and advance to the AFC Championship Game if... ? - The Ravens season ends in Buffalo if...? - Who wins?
January 14, 2021
Episode 33: Preparing for the Titans
- Recapped last year's playoff loss to the Titans - Recapped this year's loss to the Titans - Previewing Sunday, Ravens offense vs. Titans defense - Previewing Sunday, Ravens defense vs. Titans offense - Keys to the game, picks.
January 07, 2021
Episode 32: Reviewing NYG, Previewing Cincinnati
- Recapping Sunday's win vs. the Giants - Looking at the unleashed rushing attack - The Ravens control their playoff destiny - If the Ravens reach the playoffs as expected, who do you want to face? - Need to beat Cincinnati first - How do we evaluate the Coaching this year? - How do we evaluate DeCosta's job this year?
December 30, 2020
Episode 31: Reviewing Cleveland, Previewing Jacksonville
- New Hosts Mike Randall and Jamie Sieck - Thoughts on what we saw Monday Night - What are we looking to see vs. Jacksonville? - Questions with the defense? Adjustments needed? - Offense is running more, how does that open other things up? - Whose play needs to improve?
December 18, 2020
Episode 30: Cowboys Preview
Jordan and Gabe look ahead to the Cowboys game and the upcoming slate with the return of many Ravens starting this week.
December 08, 2020
Episode 29: Tennessee Preview
Jordan and Gabe break down the upcoming Titans game and all the changes facing the Ravens heading into Week 11.
November 21, 2020
Episode 28: New England Preview
Jordan and Gabe discuss what the Colts game means moving forward, how the defense is shaping up, can the offense be less predictable, and how badly will the Ravens beat the Patriots. ᐧ
November 12, 2020
Episode 27: Steelers Preview
Gabe and Jordan cover the first 6 weeks of the season and what they liked and didn't like on offense and defense and break down the upcoming Steelers game.
October 30, 2020
Episode 26: Philadelphia Preview
Gabe and Jordan talk through the AFC North, the Ravens offensive hiccups, the dominance of the Ravens defense, and the upcoming Philadelphia game.
October 17, 2020
Episode 25: Cincinnati Preview
Jordan and Gabe talk COVID-19, Ravens Injuries, Quarterly Accolades, and the upcoming Cincinnati game.
October 08, 2020
Episode 24: Washington Preview
Jordan and Gabe cover the current NFL COVID outbreak, the Marlon Humphrey Extension, and the upcoming Washington Football Team game.
October 02, 2020
Episode 23: Previewing Kansas City
Jordan and Gabe cover the upcoming Chiefs game and the matchups between the two teams to watch.
September 25, 2020
Reviewing Week 2 and Ravens vs Texans
Jordan and Gabe cover Week 2 going around the NFL and then going in-depth on the Ravens and Texans matchup.
September 22, 2020
Episode 21 - Previewing Baltimore at Houston
Jordan and Gabe cover the upcoming Texans game and break down difference makers on the Texans and how the Ravens will attack them in Week 2.
September 19, 2020
Episode 20: Breaking Down The Week 1 Win vs. Cleveland
Jordan and Gabe breakdown the Cleveland game and cover the offense and defense in depth for the week.
September 15, 2020
The Start of 2020
Jordan and Gabe discuss the KC/Hou game to start the year, expectations for Lamar and the Ravens offense, predictions and analysis for the Cleveland game, and picks for division winners in 2020.
September 11, 2020
Jordan and Gabe cover the upcoming start to the season and talk about the 53-man roster, the Practice Squad, and surprising moves from the Ravens before Week 1.
September 07, 2020
Earl Thomas and Training Camp
Gabe and Jordan talk about Earl Thomas, and all the implications that come of it, and also cover many of the early storylines coming out of training camp.
August 24, 2020
Jordan and Gabe cover the early story lines before Training Camp finally kicks off. Kenjon Barner, Antonio Brown, Matt Skura, Ronnie Stanley, Trace McSorley, COVID, and more.
August 11, 2020
Jordan and Gabe break down a primer of what to watch for at training camp 2020.
July 21, 2020
Jordan and Gabe shape up the division and cover the AFC North in Episode 14.
July 15, 2020
Jordan and Gabe cover the Mahomes contract and COVID and how they will impact the upcoming 2020 season.
July 07, 2020
Jordan and Gabe do a power ranking draft of the Ravens team headed into 2020.
June 29, 2020
Jordan and Gabe cover the upcoming season on defense and run through a few over and unders on how they think the defense will perform.
June 05, 2020
Jordan and Gabe cover the offense and some early over under projections for the Ravens.
May 27, 2020
Jordan and Gabe cover the Ravens the first round of the NFL Draft.
April 24, 2020
The Boys take a look at some mock drafts
April 23, 2020
The Boys take a look at some mock drafts
April 23, 2020
The Boys take a look at some mock drafts
April 23, 2020
Jordan and Gabe cover the potential WRs in the draft, both talking about 3 guys they like and 1 guy they don't in the 2020 NFL Draft class for receiver.
April 20, 2020
Jordan and Gabe dive into edge defenders or OLB and who the Ravens will be looking for.
April 14, 2020
Hey everybody. Welcome back and thanks for tuning in. Jordan and Gabe here from Baltimore Sports and Life. Check us out at baltimoresportsandlife.com or BSLJordanKough or Gabefergy on Twitter. We wanted to take a deep look at LBer this week. Obviously, a lot of chatter about Murray and Queen in the 1st, so I thin we need to start there. It really seems like these two guys are the top two consensus guys. Gabe, you like one guy, and after diving into the film, I think I've diverged from you. Why don't you talk a bit about what you like from the guy you'd in the first-ish area at ILB.
April 10, 2020
Lets talk about where the Ravens rank overall as a roster in total right now across the league. Then delve into positions that need addressed in the draft. Gabe suggests we pick Pick alternately which one we think is biggest priority, in a draft format, so you pick then I pick. Jordan picks ILB - Discussion of DeCosta undervaluing position. Bynes contract basically being nothing on the cap, worth the risk, no comp pick. Trade idea with the Jets. OLB - actual need WR - actual need higher priority if we have a KR OL - maybe a need but depth, DL - future depth CB - future depth TE/QB - Discussion Pratice Squad Rule changes that we can keep a TE and QB on the PS that wouldn't get drafted and put them on the roster on OD. This could also have impacts on ST. ᐧ
April 07, 2020
Hey everyone. Welcome to The Bank, this is your hosts Jordan Kough and Gabe Ferguson. We're new to the podcast world but not new to the Ravens and we're hoping to give you another opportunity to dive into the Ravens during the offseason and regular season.
March 28, 2020
We are getting things ready for some great Baltimore Ravens and NFL Talk. Subscribe to be in the know and keep checking Baltimore Sports and Life for more
February 10, 2020