This week on The Debrief Podcast Jackie Augustine and Josh Durso discussed a variety of issues including the latest on local elections, including the longterm viability of small, rural villages; as well as some controversial environmental issues. The duo also weighed in on the controversy around college admissions and the wealthy in the U.S.
FingerLakes1.com News Director Josh Durso and Finger Lakes Morning News Host Ted Baker sit down to discuss the latest storylines playing out across the region. The two discuss a pair of censured judges from Wayne County, a familiar contested race in Auburn, legislation to stop supervised injection sites across New York State, and much more.
Josh Durso and Jackie Augustine break down a number of headlines - including the implications of a new election schedule and calendar on races that have started, or will begin in just a couple weeks. The two also discuss how to fairly compensate elected officials, who is left on the outside when considering a run for office, and much more.
Watch on YouTube by clicking here
It was a busy week in the FingerLakes1.com Newsroom this week, as the polar vortex provided more issues than simple 'chill'. On the Friday, February 1st edition of The Debrief Podcast - Josh Durso is joined by Ted Baker, host of Finger Lakes Morning News on WGVA, and WAUB to discuss all of the headlines that made their way through the region.
Topics discussed included:
- Red Jacket Orchards talks migrant employees, local workforce;
- Stan's restaurant announces abrupt closure citing financial strain;
- The failed tractor-trailer ban on state roads;
- A devastating fire, which highlights affordable housing needs in the Finger Lakes;
- A new program announced between SUNY schools and Amazon; and
- A number of resignations in Cayuga County.