Gawndy chats with Australian radio host Sutto who's been working in Canada for 7 years, about the differences in radio between the two countries & his last year and a half hosting the drive show on Z953fm with his co host Vanessa Newman.
Gawndy chats with Becks about his 5 years working with Ant on the 'Ant & Becks' radio show and his eventual move into Programming for the Hit Network, looking after VIC & SA radio stations as a Group Content Director.
Gawndy chats with Jack Laurence who anchors the Hit Network National Drive Show 'Hughesy & Kate'
Behind the voice who you might know of late as saying "It's Hughesy & Kate for the drive home" & '13 10 60" is a guy with a fascinating 13 year radio career, filled with all the ups & downs an unpredictable radio career has to offer!
We love to hear your thoughts on these episodes so please feel free to reach out to either Jack Laurence @jkontheradio or @Gawndy on Instagram.
Gawndy chats with Josiah Shala - Hit 96.9 Breakfast Show Host (Shepparton) about his 10th Anniversary in radio which includes 9 years at Nova 96,9 Sydney where he spent 5 years working on the Fitzy & Wippa show and his eventual move into hosting breakfast radio himself for the Hit Network over the last 13 months as one half of the 'Josiah & Elly' show.
In this episode Gawndy chats with Jase about 'Jase & Pj's' time hosting the Drive Show on ZM in New Zealand
Their eventual move from ZM Drive to Kiis FM Melbourne Breakfast & how that's now going
Their most recent 56 hour on air marathon & everything prior to the show he works on now!
Gawndy chats with Mandy Catalano about what it's like being a 'freelance announcer' in 2019.
Mandy previously hosted breakfast radio full-time for SCA in Gippsland before returning home to Melbourne & now works out of the Fox FM studios. You may have heard Mandy on the air the last couple of years filling in on various radio shows around the country & more recently on Sunday Nights on the Hit Network as a part of the National Sunday Night Experiment which is ran through SCA's Talent Bank Hubble.
In this episode Gawndy chats with National Night's Host Danny Lakey (Hit Network 8-11pm)
- How Danny Lakey got his big break from an online video featuring Bill Shorten
- The day he almost threw it all in to become a Contiki Instructor
- His relentless approach to prepping his night show
- Working in a team vs working solo
- The edgy limits he likes to push it to on air
- The sex podcast he might like to host one day
- Listening back to his own work to get better
- Going sober to benefit his work & a whole heap more!
Bruno Bouchet is the former Executive Producer of the Kyle & Jackie O Show & has recently just taken on the role of Kyle Sandilands Manager. In this episode Gawndy & Bruno discuss:
- His time working with Kyle & Jackie O
- How the show gets put together each morning
- Managing Kyle's sick days
- Taking on the role of Kyle’s manager
- What he thinks makes a great on air talent & producer
- Helping write Kyle’s book
& a WHOLE HEAP MORE!
The Radio Randomly Podcast is BACK for 2019! In Episode 1 Daniel Gawned chats with Radio Producer Ben Harlum about is move from Australian Radio to New York City where he now works at Satellite Radio Station Sirius XM as the Executive Producer of the radio show 'The Morning Mash Up'
In this Episode:
- Working in the same building as Howard Stern
- How he got his foot in the door at Sirius XM in NYC
-How to cover digital studio videos on your show without deicated studio cameras
- Australian Radio vs U.S Radio
- How some stations O.S are now using an audience tracker called 'People Meters' to monitor their shows in live real time
- How Producers contribute their ideas to a show
- The lengths he went to for his ACRAS look each year
Gawndy chats with 'Head of SCA Regional Content' Mickey Maher about changing the perception of Regional Radio, Talent climbing the ranks, tips for up & coming Content Directors & the re branding of the SCA Regional Network.
Gawndy takes you back to the first ever interview he had just over a year ago with Dan Anstey for the Radio Randomly Podcast. At the time Anstey had just started the new Breakfast Show at Sea FM on the Gold Coast.