The Warehouse - BSL Radio - MLB & Baltimore Orioles Talk
By The Warehouse
The Warehouse provides discussion of Major League Baseball as a whole, along with detailed discussion of the Baltimore Orioles. The hosts are Dr. Stephen Loftus, Matt Kory, and Chris Stoner. The show is a part of Baltimore Sports and Life (BSL).
- ESPN / Kurkijan: How the 'K' became the most destructive letter in Major League Baseball Agree / Disagree?
- The Athletics are considering (with MLB support) leaving Oakland. Your thoughts on Expansion, Realignment, Restructuring?
- CBS Sports: Six problems with how Tony La Russa handled the Yermín Mercedes situation
- Thoughts on Ohtani and Trout (Trout out for 6-8 weeks)?
- Thoughts on the White Sox, and Cardinals?
- Kiley McDaniel's May 11th Mock had the Orioles selecting Henry Davis, C, Louisville. Who is Stephen currently projecting?
- Means throws a no-no!
- The Orioles are roughly 20% through their '21 season. What stands out to you?
- Mountcastle struggled mightily in April... has come to life over the last week. Current thoughts?
- Kremer struggled over his initial 4 starts, before turning in his best outing of the year Monday at Seattle? Too many homers, too many walks. K's good. Current thoughts?
- Cedric Mullins continues to be hot... becoming more interesting to you?
- Who do you see as most likely to be traded out of Means, Mancini, Scott, and Santander?
- The Minor Leagues are finally back.... Baumann is not on a full season roster (hope is he'll be pitching by month end)... and Rodriguez is starting at A vs. AA. What will you be paying attention to MiL wise?
- Stephen... update the ML Draft... as of today, you project the Baltimore Orioles to select who?
- Let's update the American League...
- John Means is performing well... which means some Oriole fans are concerned he'll be traded... under control through '24. Current thoughts?
- Hays returned from his injury. Santander is out 2-4 weeks with an ankle injury. Ryan McKenna was brought back up. Stewart benefits in the immediate?
- Time to cut bait with Ruiz and promote Jones to take over 2nd?
- Thoughts on Lopez and M. Harvey? Lopez excellent his last time off, showed off the talent. No real reason to believe in his ability to be a consistent starter... Harvey looks fairly similar to what he was in '18
- Some guy wrote this... where do you agree / disagree?
- The Orioles have a 3 game set with Oakland this weekend.. impressions on the A's so far? 12-7 after starting 0-6.
- As of Thursday night, there are 5 teams in the American League with a positive run differential... offense has been slow overall so far.. Boston leading the East, KC in the Central, Oakland in the West. Initial AL impressions?
- In the National League, we we were treated to LA / SD Round 1 this past weekend... Dodgers are 14-4 entering Thursday night... Milwaukee leading the Central... Mets have played just 13 games so far... Philly surprising... Initial NL impressions?
- First time + through the rotation, thoughts?
- It did not take long for Hays to end up on the IL. Doesn't matter how talented you might be, if you can't stay in the lineup...
- Mullins has started the year on fire...
- O's pen... we've spent lots of time talking Tate and Scott.... how about thoughts on Valdez, and Plutko?
- Both Rule 5's (Mac Sceroler, and Tyler Wells) have seen action already...
- Ruiz has acquitted himself well defensively at 2nd...
- Stephen recaps his article updating the draft...
- Who wins the AL West, general division thoughts
- Who wins the NL East, general division thoughts
- AL East preview
- Akin is not breaking camp with the O's
- Zimmermann starting the year in the rotation
- Power Rank the Group of 7
- Both Rule 5 picks have made the OD roster
- Sanchez was DFA'd... 2nd base?
- O's building a state of the art facility in the DR
- OD Roster and Expectations..
- Who can join the ML roster this year?
- Things to Watch in '21...
- RoY, CY, MVP by league
- Playoff picks by league
- World Series Champs?
- Orioles win how many games?
- Article at The Ringer on moving back the mound
- Article at ESPN on Major League Baseball to deploy several experimental rules in minor leagues this season
- NL West Division Overview: How do you handicap the division? 5 favorite players in the division? Which individual do you like to breakout?
- Maikel Franco
- Hunter Harvey has an oblique injury... potential roster impact
- Where does Zimmermann fit in?
- What would be your current lineup?
- Our colleague Nick Stevens has a notes column up - Spring Training Questions To Ponder.
- Matt also has a notes article, where he mentioned the passing of former Orioles Manager Joe Altobeli.
- A few weeks ago Stephen debuted the 2021 Draft Model. Early thoughts on who could be in play for the Orioles with their initial selection?
- We didn't get into it last week, but Matt wrote about the Trey Mancini situation.
- NL Central Division Overview: How do you handicap the division? 5 favorite players in the division? Which individual do you like to breakout?
- AL Central Division Overview: Same questions.
- Adam Jones commented in an article with The Sun, that when his playing career ends in Japan, he could be interested in Managing the Orioles.
- This led to discussion at the board regarding Jones leaving before the '19 season. Did Jones have any place on a rebuilding team?
- Thoughts on the Orioles bullpen? How would you build it? What do you like? What do you question?
- We spoke last week about the possibilities of the Orioles utilizing a 6 man rotation. The Orioles have now said this is a possibility.
- Seattle Mariners CEO Kevin Mather resigns
- 10 Crucial Positional Battles for Contending Teams - Which interests you the most?
- The big news in baseball... the Tatis contract...
- Best landing spot for Bradley Jr?
- Who are the winners and losers of the off-season?
- Matt's article on the Orioles defense...
- New colleague Cale Cox gave some thoughts on Scouting...
- Detroit is said to be toying with the idea of a 6 man rotation... should the O's consider this?
- The Orioles have taken flyers on Felix Hernandez and Matt Harvey. Who interests you more?
- The Orioles starting 9 to begin '21 figures to be
C: Severino / Sisco
Over / Under on these players who individually hit 12 or more homers?
Over / Under on these players who individually have an OPS over .725?
- We welcome Dr. Stephen Loftus as our new Co-Host...
- We know the Orioles aren't competing in '21... what are we looking to see accomplished?
- Where are the Orioles in their rebuilding process?
- In a previous article, I reviewed Astroball with my takeaways. what stands out in-terms of extrapolating to the Orioles?
- The rich get richer... Bauer to the Dodgers. Thoughts on the NL West race between LA and SD
- MLB and the Players Association have set the 2021 protocols...
- FanGraphs article on their takeaways from their Playoff odds...
- The Orioles signed Freddy Galvis, addressing SS
- Heyman reports Atlanta is interested in Mancini
- Orioles finances...
- HOF Voting
- Yankees addition of Taillon
- Jays addition of Semien
- Remembering Hank Aaron
- A Jonathan Villar reunion?
- Taking a look at fastball spin rate
- Inbox: What to expect from young O's in '21
- Matt Kremnitzer: What’s The Next Step For Orioles OF Anthony Santander?
- Looking at the Bullpen
- CBS Sports: MLB hot stove: Sizing up National League landscape as Mets, Padres join Dodgers, Braves in top tier
- Nick Stevens' article on the Orioles starting pitching
- Matt Kory's article on Brandon Hyde
- Zach Spedden's articles on ETAs for Oriole prospects...
- The San Diego Padres additions of Snell and Darvish
- The Mets / Cleveland trade today
- MLB adds Negro Leagues to the official records
- Cleveland will be changing their name from Indians
- Dombrowski taking over the Phillies
- 2021 HOF Ballott
- Major League Baseball, union at odds on whether start of 2021 season should be delayed
- Discussion on Chris Stoner's most recent article on the Orioles
- Discussed Iglesias and Alberto.
- Non-Tenders of interest?
- Reaction to an Orioles.com article on the 5 best offensive seasons by an Oriole ever.
- Reaction to a MASN article / interview with MLB Pipeline
- Reaction to Bob Phelan's article on MiL Projections
- Discussion on Matt and Bob Harkins AL and NL overviews.
- Review of the World Series so far...
- Previewing Game 4, and the remainder of the series
- Gold Glove Finalists Revealed
- Pitching and development in '21
- A look at Matt's recent article on what the Orioles can learn from the Rays
- Off-season storylines of interest?
- AL & NL Championship Series Updates...
- Does the World Series Champ deserve an asterisk?
- The White Sox are interviewing La Russa
- Billy Beane possibly out of baseball....
- Boston is looking for a Manager....
- RIP Whitey Ford and Joe Morgan
- Should the Orioles make an effort with Korean SS Ha-seong Kim?
- Started with talk on the Orioles statement...
- What should MLB be doing?
- Half-way point has been reached for the Orioles.... Trading Deadline nears...
- Reaction to ESPN's Power Rankings, CBS Sports's One Month Awards...
- Trade Deadline talk...
- The O's are hot, exceeding expectations...
- What's sustainable?
- What's not?
- Reaction to Gary Armida's article... what's the core going forward?
- Bob and Matt's MLB Stories of the Week.
- Trading deadline coming up... if the O's continue to exceed expectations, will they buy or sell?
- Discussed the expanded MLB Playoffs
- Will Toronto play their home games in Baltimore?
- Gave our projected orders for the NL Central, AL West, and NL West...
- Looked at the Betts extension
- Orioles general talk...
- Gave our picks for the World SEries, MVP, CY, and ROY
- We looked at the AL Central....
- ESPN picked All Star rosters... we gave general thoughts on those projections...
- The Ringer looked at Strikeouts in the game... we discussed.
- Puig to Atlanta after the Oriole rumors...
- Some Orioles talk... Matt's article on Nunez, Ruiz, Alberto.... Santander's return...
- Caught-up on forgotten story-lines... Sign-stealing, Mookie Betts trade, Free Agent deals of note...
- Discussion on the juiced ball...
- Who is best positioned for a Cinderella run?
- Thoughts on the NL East...
- Frank Robinson on the MVP Trophy?
- Baseball is back!?
- We talked some last week about the universal DH, briefly mentioned the expanded rosters, and geographical play. Got the extra inning rule, how do we feel there?
- Season is going to look differently vs anything we've seen. 3 of us might be traditional fans, but there is novelty... embrace the weird?
- ESPN article on how wild a 60 game season might look... takeaways here?
- In a 162 game season, if the O's were projected to win 60 games... that's a .370 clip. .370 ball over 60 games is 22 wins. Is that the appropriate over / under? As mentioned last week, Miami and the Orioles are the only two 'bad' teams in the two East divisions.
- One way for baseball to recoup some of the lost revenue this year, would be expansion. Discussion on expansion and realignment.
- MLB negotiations. General frustration, ramifications.
- Ramifications continued... if there is a season x, if there is not a season y. Potential for wide range of results if there is a short-season.
- Universal DH, expanded playoffs, regional play (East vs. East, Central vs. Central, West vs. West)... prelude to larger changes to the game?
- Orioles Draft Talk.
- Some background on Bob and Matt.
In our first episode we go over our general expectations for the Orioles, takeaways from Spring Training, Should the Orioles still add a player or 2 and of course we have to talk about Chris Davis' 25 pounds of muscle