- Disney+ debuted in the US this week, with one of the highlights being the documentary "The Imagineering Story"
- Legoland California is closing it's Star Wars Miniland on January 6th of next year.
- The second half of Universal's Endless Summer Resort, the Dockside Inn and Suites, will open on March 17th next year.
- A video from Coaster Studios gave us a look at a new kind of coaster from S&S, called an Axis coaster. The coaster has seats floating above the track, attached to arm which allows the seats rotate 360 degrees.
- Apparently Sea World San Diego has filed paperwork to allow for a night time Drone show, starting next Februrary, which could used up to 500 drones.
- Disneyland has filed permits for an upgrade to the Snow White Scary Adventures dark ride, some time in 2020.
- Disneyland Resort has started it's Christmas celebrations this week, including the new Mickey's Happy Holiday character cavalcade and the World of Color - Season of Light show.
- Walt Disney World has kicked off it's Christmas celebrations this week, with the first Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.
• Merlin Entertainments have announced they will open their eleventh Legoland theme park in Shanghai sometime after 2023.
• Knott’s berry farm have announced the return of Knott’s Beary Tales as a new 4d interactive dark ride for their 100th Anniversary next year.
• Hersheypark tops out its 2020 coaster, Candymonium, this week.
• Disney’s 4th quarter results showed an increase in spending across the board, but mixed attendance results across the Resorts.
• Walt Disney World has given us a Sneak Peek at the new Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks which will debut tonight at the first Mickey’s very merry Christmas party.
• Epcot has released the menu for the Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue coming to the America pavilion, which includes bbq treats from around the states including North Carolina chopped smoked pork butt.
• Epcot also announced that Mickey’s meet and greet is moving to the imagination pavilion next year as the Character spot makes way for construction.
• Universal Orlando have announced they dates for next years Halloween Horror Nights this week, just days after this years event finished.
• SeaWorld Orlando is celebrating the 50th anniversary of Sesame Street this week with a two day party of the weekend.
• Disney has changed the food names in Galaxy’s Edge again, this time compromising between Earth and Batuuan names.
• Americas largest indoor theme park called Nickelodeon Universe has opened in New Jersey.
• Halloween Horror Nights guests in Hollywood had a surprise week With Star of the movie Us, Lupita Nyong'o reprising her character for the events Us maze.
• Tokyo Disney Resort has seen an increase in attendance but a drop in spending for the first 6 months of the year, year on year.
• Disney California Adventure has announced dates their Lunar new year and food and wine festivals
• Liseberg is Sweden is closing one of its venues to be converted in a new ABBA themed dinner show Mama Mia The Party.
• Legoland Florida has announced 2020 to be Year of the Pirate with their Pirate themed hotel opening and a new Pirate theme water show on the way.
• Comcast have announced that Universal Orlando’s upcoming Park Epic Universe will open in 2023.
• Dreamworld here in Australia is closing and removing it’s former world record holding Rollercoaster the Tower of Terror. Last operating day will be November 3rd.
• Star Wars not only dropped a new trailer this week, the also announced that a new sequence in Star Tours for the upcoming movie The rise of Skywalker.
• Europa Park have soft opened there Snorri Touren dark ride.
• SeaWorld San Diego has announced that it will convert its Aquatica water park in to a Sesame Place theme park.
• Knott's Berry Farm will announce a new attraction celebrating the park's 100th anniversary at the the Iaapa conference next month. The attraction will be made by Triotech.
• Six Flags have announced that PepsiCo Executive Mike Spanos will take over as President and CEO of the chain at the end of the year
• Atlanta Motor Speedway is pitching a major redevelopment plan that includes a casino and an "adventure park," which is proposed to include multiple Rollercoasters.
• Universal Studios Beijing have announced the seven lands that the park will open with: Hollywood Boulevard, Minion Land, Jurassic World Isla Nublar, Transformers: Metrobase, Kung Fu Panda Land of Awesomeness, WaterWorld and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade
• The Disney Skyliner has reopened, running a limited schedule for the next week.
• Universal Orlando officially confirmed that Jason Bourne mixed-media stunt show the Bourne Stuntacular is replacing Terminator 2: 3D at Universal Studios Florida.
• Universal announced that NBC Sports Grill & Brew will open on Hollywood's CityWalk next year.
• Galaxy’s Edge has lost the Star Wars food names with unique names like Smoked Kaadu Ribs and Fried Endorian Tip-Yip replaced with the generic names like Fried Chicken and Beef Pot Roast.
• Disney+ have shared a trailer for a new show called the imagineering story which included a sneak peak at the "Beast" Animatronic to be used within "Enchanted Tale of Beauty and the Beast"
• Hong Kong Disneyland have cancelled the 3K race in their 10K race weekend due to expected traffic disruptions.
• The Disney Skyliner had it’s first unexpected malfunction on Saturday night. The incident left some guests stranded for up two 3 hours. The gondolas have been closed since so Disney can investigate the cause of the issue.
• Disney have shared a preview of Animal Kingdom’s new, holiday-inspired version of its nightly Tree of Life projection show which will debut November 8.
• Cedar Fair has rejected Six Flags buy out offer that was issued last week.
• Universal Studios Hollywood released a video of Ghostbusters star Dan Aykroyd and director Ivan Reitman walking through the franchise's Halloween Horror Nights maze.
• The mayor of Houston announced this week that he expects an announcement in 6-8 weeks about a new major Theme Park coming to the area. This should be taken with a grain of salt as mayoral elections are occurring in the city in coming weeks.
• Legoland New York has announced it will open on the Fourth of July next year.
• Six flags reportedly put in a cash and stock offer for Cedar Fair this week. The offer made Cedar Fairs stock price jump by 10%
• Epcot this week had the final showing of Illuminations, the first showing of Epcot forever and the opening of the Epcot preview centre.
• Tokyo Disney Resort has reported record attendance for the first half of their fiscal year, up 1.4 percent.
• The Disney Skyliner was officially dedicated this week.
• Efteling has opened their Six Swans attraction this week which is the 30th fairytale to be represented in their fairytale forest Sprookjesbos
• Legoland California’s Brick or treat event starts this weekend.
• The Magic bees are back at Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure, causing another closure this week.
• Hersheypark has announced several food options at their new chocolatetown entrance, including a new flagship restaurant The Chocolatier as well as Milton's Ice Cream Parlor and the Sweeterie chocolate shop.
• 178-year-old UK tour operating company Thomas Cook declared bankruptcy and ceased operations this week, stranding travellers all over the world, including many in Disney World.
• Good morning America released a video sneak peak inside Rise of the Resistance, as part of a Disney media blitz on Galaxy’s Edge.
• Hong Kong Disneyland is feeling the pressure from local unrest, with year on year attendance for August down 40%, and worse expected for the final quarter of this year.
• A mixed week for transport at WDW with another Monorail breakdown, as well as cast member previews of the Disney Skyliner.
• Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure had to closed briefly this week to relocate a swarm of protected native bees.
• Disney has announced its bring hundreds of new Vegan options from October 1st, and introducing new signage to indicate these options. Disneyland resort will follow suit in Spring next year.
• At Hollywood Studios, the Mickey Shorts Theater will replace the Star Wars: Path of the Jedi movie in the ABC Sound Studio theater, opening next spring.
• Dates for next years Flower and Garden festival at WDW has been announced. It’ll run from March 4 and through June 1st.
• Popular Former Disneyland Paris ceo Catherine Powell has left the Disney company to do something else. Her role as President of the Disney Parks Western Region, has been eliminated as part of the corporate restructuring, which has also elevated the president of WDW and moved the president of DLR into that role.
• Universal released new detail on the 2 on-site hotels coming to Universal Studios Beijing. They’ll be called the Universal Studios Grand Hotel And and the NUO Resort Hotel.
• Tokyo Disneyland have announced their latest expansion will open April 15th of next year. This will include 4 attractions including New fantasyland dark ride Enchanted Tale of Beauty and the Beast.
• A new entry sign has been installed for Magic Kingdom’s Tomorrowland.
• Sea World entertainment announced this week that they’re CEO had stepped down just over 6 months into the role.
• Disneyland opened their new pedestrian bridge over Magic Way this week.
• A California State University Fullerton study has found that Disneyland is worth more than $8 billion a year to Southern California’s economy.
• Walt Disney World has revealed the ride vehicles for Epcot’s upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind roller coaster.
• Knott's Scary Farm opened for its 47th Halloween season last night.
• Legoland Florida has announced that their new Pirate Island Hotel will open to guests on April 17 next year.
• It’s rumoured that Magic Kingdom show The Muppets Present… Great Moments in History will close September 30th.
• Universal has narrowed opening windows for a couple of big projects, with the Universal Studios Beijing opening in early 2021 and first phase of Super Nintendo World in Japan opening next spring. The also announced details about Super Nintendo World, including interactive based on wristbands with a big Mario M on them.
• Iron Gwazi and Ice Breaker will the names for the two new coasters at Busch Gardens Tampa and Sea World Orlando opening in 2020.
• Halloween Horror Nights opened at Universal Orlando last Friday.
• Disneyland Paris have announced their event schedule for 2020, including the return of Marvel and frozen events. They also shared concept art for the Frozen land coming to Walt Disney Studios.
• Legoland Windsor in the UK is adding a new kids coaster called the Duplo Dream coaster in 2020.
• Hansa Park in Germany is adding a new themed area in 2020 to be called Awilda’s World.
• Halloween has kicked off at DisneylandResort including the nightmare before Christmas overlay of haunted mansion.
• Universal Orlando has announced its first Running Universal weekend as February 1st and 2nd next year.
• Disney have filed a patent for a method to propel a stationary boat forward dubbed the capturepult.
• Hurricane Dorian forced the early closure of some Florida parks on Tuesday. All parks opened as normal on Wednesday as the storm threat lessened.
• Universal Orlando have announced that the projection show Dark Arts at Hogwarts Castle, will debut at islands of adventure on September 14
• Efteling have released images of the first of the six swans that will make up there new ride in their fairy tale forest, Sprookjesbos
• It’s been reported that Universal Hollywood have started testing Electric trams for use in their Backlot Studio tours.
• Knott’s have announced more details for their Halloween event Knott’s Scary Farm including 2 new original iP houses and a bawdy puppet show.
• WB movie world announced two mazes for its Halloween event Fright Nights based on IT and zombieland double tap
• Epcot announced the dates for the next International Festival of the Arts, which will return in January and February next year.
• Disneyland’s Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is celebrating its 40th Birthday this week.
• Universal Studios Hollywood have a media preview this week of thei Ghostbusters Halloween Horror Nights maze.
• Paris' version of the Rock'n Roller Coaster closed this week ahead of it's conversion into a new Marvel attraction.
D23 news super fast
• Disneyland new parade Magic Happens
• California Adventure- Avengers campus - Spider-Man ride and Pym Test Kitchen phase one. Phase two Quinjet ride to wakanda.
• Hong Kong frozen land, frozen ever after clone plus Wandering Oaken's Sliding Sleighs roller coaster
• Disney Springs New Cirque du Soleil show based on daughter of a Disney animator.
• Epcot splitting future world into world discovery, world celebration, world nature.
• Spaceship Earth to get refurbed
• Cosmic Rewind name of GotG ride.
• Space 220 name of space restaurant
• Dreamers point to be added
• Statue of Walt
• Harmonius permanent replacement for Illuminations
• Uk pavilion to add Cherry Tree lane and Mary Poppins Attraction.
• At Hollywood Studios Galaxy’s Edge hotel named Galatia’s Starcruiser experience - ship called the Halycon.
• New app for Disney World, Disney Genie.
• Outside D23, Galaxy’s Edge officially opened at WDW. Press given first look inside Rise of the Resistance.
• New six flags park for Saudi Arabia announced to feature worlds tallest and fastest roller coaster Falcons Flight.
• Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey is getting Jersey Devil Coaster in 2020 which will be the worlds fastest, tallest, longest single-rail coaster.
• Hurricane Dorian looks set to hit Central Florida this weekend.
• Movie land park in Italy had a track collapse on their mini monorail “Back to the Backstage”. 7 people were reported injured in the incident
And that's it for this week's Theme Park news in a minute. If you have any comments of questions please leave them in the section down below. On Sunday ... As always you can check us out our on twitter @themeparknut or our blog themeparknut.com. Don't forget to subscribe. Until next time,
• the D23 expo kicked off last night in Anaheim! And we got our first news, Epcot is getting a new Moana themed attraction called the Journey of Water. We also know that at least two more reveals will happen for Epcot in Sunday’s Parks and Resorts Panel. So look out!
• Dreamworld Australia have finally opened Sky Voyager, the Southern Hemisphere’s first flying theatre attraction, only 8 months after it’s planned opening!
• It’s also been reported that they are adding a clone of Europa Parks Blue Fire Megacoaster.
• Kings Island in Cincinnati lead the national Rollercoaster day announcements last Friday with the Announcement of their upcoming 2020 Giga-coaster Orion.
• Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween party started last weekend.
• German Theme Park Tatzmania has voluntarily closed a brand new ride when it was discovered that when In The air the ride vehicles look like Swastikas, which are a prohibited symbol under German law.
• Universal Hollywood has announced its final house for Halloween Horror Nights as the Curse has f Pandora’s Box.
• Sea World SAN Diego broke ground on their 2020 Dive Coaster this week , and Bush Gardens Tampa shared the first images of the new RMC track for the former Gwazi coaster.
• There was a minor coaster collision at the Jolly Roger Theme Park in Maryland. Two trains on the Wildcat coaster collided and 5 people were sent for precautionary medical treatment.
This week's news:
• It’s national Rollercoaster day in the US, so prepare for announcements particularly from Cedar Fair in the next 24 hours!
• Wdw’s Annual Pass previews for Galaxy’s Edge start today!
• Universal Orlando have revealed the 5 Scarezones for this week’s Halloween Horror Nights, which include a Zombieland Double Tap zone and a Rob Zombie Hillbilly scarezone. They also announced a brand new lagoon show Halloween Marathon of Mayhem for the event.
• the nba experience has opened at Disney Springs at WDW this week.
• The new Lego Movie World Land is coming to Legoland California in spring of 2020.
• Lego have released a new Disney Parks set, this time featuring the train and Main Street station.
• Silver Dollar City have announced a new land anchored by a new Rapid ride for the parks 60th Anniversary next year.
• Disneyland’s Haunted Mansion celebrated its 50th Birthday last Friday.
• WDW have previewed their new nighttime show for Mickey’s not so scary Halloween party. It’ll be called Disney's Not So Spooky Spectacular and hosted by Jack Skellington.
• Living with the land at Epcot has had an update to its projection technology, which was spotted this week.
This week's theme park news:
Disney have added a new session to d23 this year with the title ”Secret Walt Disney Company Project”. This could obviously be non park related, however they have said project would be Announced August 22nd.
Universal Orlando has announced two more houses for Halloween Horror Nights. A new original house Graveyard Games and one based around the Jordan Peele movie Us.
WDW have opened reservations for Galaxy’s Edge for Savis workshop, Ogas Cantina and Droid depot.
Disney have announced that last quarters attendance at their US Parks was down 3% while spending was up 10%.
Disneyland resort are holding their annual cast canoe races this week.
Holiday World have announced that they’ll be adding another water coaster in 2020 this week, with the new ride to be a flat launch racing water coaster.
This week's Theme Park News:
- Universal Orlando resort have officially named their upcoming Theme Park Universal's Epic Universe. No opening date nor lands have been confirmed for the new park, which is to be built as rumoured on the giant block of land that Comcast purchased south of the main resort.
- In other news, Disneyland hosted a Media Preview for it's Halloween Party this week, and showed a rehearsal of the Halloween-theme Villainous! World of Color show.
- Universal filed a trademark application for the name Velocicoaster, which seems like an obvious name for the Velociraptor themed Coaster being built in Island's of Adventure.
- Busch Gardens Williamsburg have announced their new rollercoaster for 2020 will be named Pantheon and themed to 5 Roman gods.
- There has been a settlement between Resort World Genting and Fox/Disney. The park will be able to open without Fox branding, but they have been allowed to keep certain Fox intellectual properties in the park.
- Hong Kong Disneyland closed this week due to an impeding Typhoon.
- Walt Disney Studios Park in Paris also had to briefly close this week due to a power outage.
- In Indonesia, the Trans Studio Action Zone park has announced it will open a dark ride theatre attraction based on the Pacific Rim film.
- A young girl was caught on film getting hit by a bird on the DC Rivals Hypercoast at Warner Brothers Movie world on the Gold Coast.
This week's news:
- Soaring: Fantastic Flight opened at Tokyo DisneySea this week.
- Hersheypark have announced the name and details for their 2020 Hypercoaster. The 210 feet tall coaster will be called Candymonium.
- Jurassic World - The Ride had it's official Grand opening this week.
- Killer Klowns from Outer Space is getting it's own house at Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights this year.
- Pop Up Disney!, Disneyland Resorts temporary Photo op exhibit will close September 2nd.
- The Magic Kingdom is revamping it's Mickey's Boo To You Halloween Parade, with new costumes and a new Tomorrowland float.
- Tomorrowland is also getting new ride overlays this Christmas, with overlays coming to Autopia, Space Mountain and Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor.3
- Europa Park has re-opened their Scandinavia land, just over 13 months since it was consumed by a massive fire. While the new land hasn't got any major rides, the are opening a dark ride Snorri Touren this autumn, and next year will brind the return of Piraten in Batavia.
- Disneyland is extending the window in which people can book reservations for Oga's Cantina and Savi's Workshop. These can now be booked, for some slots, 14 days before the day of visit.
- Knott's Berry Farm has reopened the Calico Railroad this week.
This week's news:
Ghostbusters has been confirmed for HHN at Universal Orlando and Hollywood to mark the 35th anniversary of the film.
The Walt Disney World skyliner has had its opening day set as September 29th.
Disneyland’s Smugglers Run tide has its 1 millionth rider this week, despite being open for only 48 days. This gives a rough average of 1300 riders per hour since it opened.
The monorail at WDW had another embarrassing breakdown this week.
Another round of Free dining has been announced for Walt Disney World.
Universal Orlando have removed 3D from there Despicable Me minion Mayhem attraction, to match the earlier 2D conversion in Hollywood.
This week's news:
- The Jurrasic World ride soft opened at Universal Orlando friday last week, just after I recorded my updated.
- Opening dates for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance have been announced. An suprisingly the ride will open first at Walt Disney World's Disney's Hollywood Studios on December 5 (Walt's birthday) and then at Disneyland on January 17, 2020.
- Epcot opened it's new Full-service Japanese restuarant Takumi-Tei this week.
- Walt Disney World buses are getting updates, with new exterior designs, and some buses adding USB Chargers.
- Gardaland Resort in Italy, which is owned by Merlin Entertainments, is going open a Legoland Water Park next to the existing park.
- The Gran Destino Tower has opened at Walt Disney World's Coronado Springs Resort.
- Some unconfirmed by authentic looking leaked photos appeared this week of the Super Nintendo World portion of the Universal Orlando Third Park.
- Hagrid's Magic Creatures Motorbike adventure has changed operating hours, it will now open with the park, but due to demand may close early to allow for maintenance at the end of the day.
- Disneyland Resort have announced that Halloween Screams Fireworks show will return to Disneyland this September, even though their Hard ticket Halloween event has moved over to California Adventure.
- Disneyland is closing the Red Car Trolley News Boys show at Disney California Adventure.
- Six Flags New Orleans may finally be being demolished.
This week's Theme Park News:
- Disney California Adventure have opened Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind ride, which is a re-themeing of Flik's Flyers from the former A Bug's Land.
- Knott's Berry Farm is added two new animatronics to it's famous Log Ride, to celebrate the rides 50th Birthday on July 11th.
- Merlin entertainments, who own the Legoland brand, have reportedly accepted a buy out offer from collection of investors led by Kirkbi, a private investment company owned by the Danish family that own the Lego company itself.
- A 6.4 magnitude earthquake hit Southern California yesterday, on Independence day. No parks have reported damage, however serveral rides were closed at Disneyland and Six Flags Magic Mountain as a precaution.
- The Main Street Electrical Parade is returning for a 2 month run at Disneyland Resort, starting August 2nd.
- Legoland Billund has announced it is set to open their version of Lego Movie World in 2020.
- Details for Epcot's food and wine festival have been announced this week, running for 87 days this year will feature two new marketplaces this year.
- Lionsgate Entertainment World is set to open on July 31st in Zhuhai Chine, however 3 planned Lionsgate Entertainment City projects (including 2 in New York and Spain) have been cancelled.
- Disneyland's Grand Californian hotel is rebranding one of it's restaurants, and opening a Bar to go with it, to be called the GCH Craftsman Grill and GCH Craftsman Bar.
This week's Theme Park News:
- Disneyland Resort's Galaxy's Edge opened to the public this week, after a period of reservation only. The land used boarding groups for spread out the crowd throughout the day, and it appeared to work very well.
- New restaurant Big Fire has opened at CityWalk at Universal Orlando resort.
- Universal Orlando has announced another original IP house for Halloween Horror Nights "Yeti: Terror of the Yukon". They were also able to take a quick swipe at WDW on twitter by joking about how theres Yeti will even move.
- Disneyland resort has extended the run of the original Soarin' Over California for another 2 months, after positive guest feedback.
- Universal's Endless Summer Resort - Surfside Inn and Suites has opened yesterday
- At Cedar Point, There was a collision between two trains on the Valravn coaster this week. No riders were injured in the colision, but there was significant damage to the two coaster trains involved.
- WDW have announced the closure of Liberty Inn, in the American section of Epcot's World showcase, to make way for a new restaurant - the Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts and Barbecue.
- Busch Gardens have teased an announcment for this weekend for it's 2020 attraction, with a teaser this week written in Roman Numerals mentioning Pluto the Greek god.
- Universal Hollywood is adding a Fan Preview Night for Halloween Horror nights on Thursday the 12th of September.
- The London Resort has reached a new agreement with Paramount, and decided not to persue a deal with Aardman. Paramount was previously attached to the Resort before pulling out of the resort in 2017.
- Tivoli Gardens is adding an 18 story hotel in the middle of the park, designed by world famous Danish architect Bjarke Ingels.
- Green Lantern has now been confirmed as closed for good at Six Flags Magic Mountain, after false rumours last week about it's re-opening.
This week's theme park news:
• Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure has moved to delayed opening this week to help with daily maintenance and fine tuning of the new ride. The ride will open at midday until further notice.
• Disneyland is adding a reservation system for Savi’s Workshop and Ogas cantina for when Galaxy’s Edge opens to the public on June 24th
• Disneyland have reversed a decision to add merchandise stands into the Main Street Cinema after online outrage at the move.
• Walt Disney World have announced that they are going to Galaxy’s Edge previews for Premium Annual pass members, and then backed that up with increasing the price for all annual passes. The non resident Florida Annual pass increased by 25 percent.
• Universal Hollywood have announced a new bar next to the upcoming Jurassic World a revamped Jurassic Cafe. The bar will be called Isla Nubar and feature tropical cocktails. The Jurassic Cafe is reopening with a Costa Rican themed menu.
• Six Flags Magic Mountain is rumoured to be retracking their closed Green Lantern coaster for reopening later this year.
• This week the 60th birthday of three iconic Disneyland attractions: Matterhorn Bobsleds, the Disneyland Monorail and the Disneyland submarine ride.
• Finland’s Linnanmaki have opened Taiga, their new Intamin multi-launched coaster.
This week's Theme Park News:
- Disneyland previewed their "Get Your Ears On - A Mickey and Minnie Celebration" event this week, include two perfomances of the EDM style Projection show "Mickey's Mix Magic."
- Construction walls have have gone up on part of the Jurassic Park land at Island's of Adventure, further adding the speculation that a Dinosaur themed coaster is on it's way.
- Movie Park Germany is building a new area themed to the popular kid's cartoon PAW Patrol.
- Epcot's International Festival of the Arts kicks off today, and earlier this week Disney released the menus for this event. New foods include Beef Wellington and a Sushi Donut.
- WDW has announced this years dates for Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, which runs from August 16th through to November 1st.
- Sea World Orlando will add a Sesame Stree Parade in 2019.
- Universal Orlando have started taking reservations for the Endless Summer Resort's Dockside Inn and Suites, which will open in May 2020.
- Tivoli Gardens in Denmark is set to spend 13.5 million Euros for the 2019 season to replace some of their smaller rides, including the Odinexpressen and the Camel Trail coaster.
- Dubai Parks and Resorts have announced a 22 percent increase in attendance in calender year 2018.
This week's Theme Park News:
- Google has treated conventioners at the Consumer Electronic Shot in Las Vegas to a disney-esque Dark Ride about the Google Virtual Assistant.
- Hersheypark has broken ground on their new expansion and entrance.
- Disneyland Paris has started work this week on the transformation of the Hotel New York, into a Marvel-themed Hotel New York.
- Disneyland in California is getting a new roof for their castle.
- Sea World San Diego announced it would be adding a new coaster, Mako in 2020. This version of Mako will be a B&M floorless Dive coaster.
- Hong Kong Disney announced that their upcoming Ant-man ride will open on March 31.
- Universal Orlando closed original counter-service restaurant The Beverloy Hills Boulangerie this week.
- Universal Studios Hollywood and Disney California adventure announced their Lunar New Year events.
- Universal Orlando announced the 2019 Mardi Gras concert lineup.
- Disneyland brought back its SoCal pass, but raised tickets for everyone else.
This week's Theme Park News:
• WDW live streamed the Magic Kingdom fireworks for New Year's Eve, while the park itself hit capacity.
• Disney announced discounts for service personnel for 2019 of up to 53% off standard ticket prices.
• They also announced the ticket deals for Florida residents
• WDW have announced late summer hotel package deals, which is unusual for that time of year. It appears to be hoping to push guests to take holidays before Star Wars Galaxy's Edge opens in Fall.
• Silver Dollar City in Missouri announced record attendance for calendar year 2018.
• Rumour has it Herseypark will be using a temporary entrance for the 2019 season, with the current entrance just closing and the new one not due til 2020.
• Theme park site Screamscape has just celebrated their 20th anniversary!
• New logo for DHS's 30th anniversary has been released, and twitter have loved photoshopping it to include almost anyone you can imagine.
• We also got the logo for Disney's Riviera Resort