Chilaquiles. It only took me (Ryan) 10+years to try this Anepelco Cafe’s version and have something to talk about with Mr. Don Juan of Taiwan (John). While John is reflecting across the ocean in his homeland of Taiwan during this important time (you’re in our thoughts, brother), Infatchewasian Season 2 is all about comparing and contrasting what’s good in NorCal vs. SoCal.
In this episode, the challenger is NorCal’s (Napa original) spot called Grace’s Table, which I tried, way back in 2014 (I know, I should go back to be fair but the episode sort of wrote itself, *shrugs*). We break down classically how the recipe is, what the merits are between these two, and whether or not we’ll ever go back for seconds.
Our Food Cred:
Ryan: The Break Dancing Bourdain is a food writer/ex-restaurant/hospitality professional. Check it out
Men are truly from Mars and Women are from Venus. We speak different languages at times along with distinguishable personality traits. One of the biggest traits that men possess is the ability to annoy women. I, John, proudly wear my badge with dignity; though my girlfriend would roll her eyes. In today’s episode, TRP focuses on John Rampton’s “15 Things Men Say That Get on Women’s Nerves” which was published by Entrepreneur. The TRP discusses if we are guilty of using these terms and we try to find a better way to less annoy our counterparts.
Annoying Women: The 15 Things Men Say To Do So Outline
* The TRP will discuss (1) Guilty of using such term? and (2) How do we improve on our responses?
* The Terms:
* 01 “Calm down.”
* 02 “You look really tired today.”
* 03 “What is it now?”
* 04 “Wow! You look great. How much weight have you lost?”
* 05 “Y
In a lot of our episodes, Ryan and John always bring up online dating and new terminology that I’ve never even heard of. As someone who hasn’t dated anyone new since the advent of the iPhone, I want to know the current landscape of the dating scene. I’m sure we have a decent amount of listeners who are like me as well so why don’t we go over it?
The Challenging Dating Landscape of Today Outline
* So what is dating like today?
* Online dating – how does it work?
* Chronology for different apps
* Do people still call each other and talk?
* Do people still ask to be significant others? How do you establish Facebook official? Do you think it’s necessary?
* So we went over ghosting, but the last time we were together I believe we learned about “stac
Raymond aka Reibot Art (IG: R3ib0t) is a creative artist through and through, from battling against (and along side) his crew Squishy Docious (Facebook, Twitter) in the art of Bboying to his current medium using acrylic paint, aerosol sprays, and origami paper. His consciousness breaks through multiple creative boundaries. Currently he is an exhibitor through the Artscape Riverside Council for the Spring-Summer 2018.
Art and the Creative Process with Reibot Outline
* What is your definition of art?
* What inspired you into creating this type of art and how?
* Currently as an artist your forced to tread the fine line between passion and profit, how do you maintain a healthy balance?
* What relationships in your lif
Technology has reached miraculous milestones since I was growing up. It definitely has made strides in making our lives easier for work and entertainment purposes. Though there are many pluses of what technology has done for the world, does it come with a cost? In today’s episode, Technology: Changing the Dynamics of Relationships, TRP explores if technology changes the dynamics of relationships.
Technology: Changing the Dynamics of Relationships Outline
* Is technology helping people develop better relationships?
* Technology has made it easier to meet people, but are the connections and relationships better?
* Since it is easier to connect to people now, do you feel like people do not take dating as serious now?
* I’ve noticed more often that people are glued to their phones in social settings (couples as well). Do you think this is good for society? Or does it hamper their social development?
* Video Gamers: Spending so mu
Every time there is any sort of customer service related interaction; a relationship is formed. This relationship is invested to certain degrees. We have relationships with our family, friends, significant others, acquaintances, etc. Most of us would agree that we hold a higher priority for the relationships we have with those that we have known for awhile and have a deeper history with. In this episode, Ryan wants to explore the Customer Service industry. Believe it or not, Customer Service revolves around relationships; connecting with the customer to provide them with solutions to their problems.
Customer Service is Building Relationships Outline
* How do you define customer service?
* Have you (or still) currently working in this industry?
* Do you have a bad customer service experience you’d like to share?
* Do you have a good customer service experience you’d like to share?
* TNK Photos. Check out their website
Ever since TheRelationshiPodcast started this podcast, we’ve been dying to get a second opinion about the stuff we talk about from someone that’s not a hetero Asian American male. Andrey reached out to a pool of personal friends and low and behold Fefe appeared and graciously volunteered to be on the show. Lesbihonest: Being Gay, Female, and Asian is Episode 5.
Being Gay, Female, and Asian Outline
* Challenges that accompany being Asian American and lesbian.
* Is there Asian fetishism in the LGBT community?
* Are there gender roles in a lesbian relationship?
* Monogamy and open relationships.
* Racism amongst and outside of the LGBT?
* Bisexuality & Bicuriousity and it’s perception in the LGBT.
If you want to be a guest on TheRelationshiPodcast please send us an e-mail.
You should binge on previous episodes of TheRelationshiPodcast. Start from Sea
Brothers before babes? AKA Bros before hoes. Male friends have an unwritten law that brothers should always come before women that you are “dating.” This is simply because most of our friends have been there for you in good times and bad. We [Men] supported you when times got bad and you were at your lowest moment. In the dating world, it is fairly certain that the person you date won’t always lead to a 2nd date or a relationship; they come and go for whatever reason. In this episode, we analyze the relationships that men have with each other. Do you guys honor the brothers before babes code?
Brothers Before Babes (Bros before hoes) Outline
* What is your own personal definition of brothers before babes?
* Have you ever had a friend break this code?
* Have you ever broken this code?
* Do you believe women have a similar code?
* Which sex do you think breaks the code more often?
* Would dating partners unde
Relationship Ambiguity, is it reasonable or unreasonable to stay in these weird medium phases of any relationship? For some, the ambiguous grey area defines comfort but for others it can also signal rocky challenges ahead. The TRP Team takes a grand look at this gradient and uncovers what’s important to them.
Ambiguity In a Relationship Outline
* What is your definition of relationship ambiguity?
* Different types of Relationship Ambiguity:
* Friend/Sibling-zoned (Mention Episode 4, Between acquaintances, sometimes no intimacy), catalyzed this episode.
* Casual/Open Relationship(s) (Between strangers/acquaintances, sometimes intimacy and multiple parties involved; Love Triangles, Squares, Quadrilaterals, etc.)
* Domestic Partnership Sans Marriage Ceremony: (Steady Relationship, Monagamous or Polyamorous)
* Fringe- Post Partnership Crossroads, no legal or religious union (relationship on the rocks, dispersement of pro
Break ups, unless you’re still with the first person you’ve ever been with, you’ve had to deal with a break up at some point of your life. It’s basically an inevitability. It’s not always a bad thing. Sometimes things just don’t work out. Sometimes your partner gets a little crazy. Sometimes you get a little crazy. Most people aren’t fortunate enough to meet someone who turns them into the best version of themselves on their first try. Welcome to our episode of Learning from Relationship Break Ups and Downs.
Break Ups and Downs: Learning from the Relationship Outline
* What was your worst break up ever?
* Have you had a good break up?
* How do you deal with a break up?
* Have you ever been in a relationship that should’ve ended, but you just stuck with it?
* Have you ever broken up with someone and regretted it?
If you want to be a guest on TheRelationshiPodcast please send us an
Welcome to Valentine’s Day for Singles and Couples. If you are not in the know, Valentine’s Day is on Wednesday, February 14th this year. Make sure you guys or gals mark it on your calendar and/or set a reminder alert. In this special episode, TheRelationshiPodcast team discusses how we tackled this special day when we were single vs. not single.
Here are some interesting statistics about Valentine’s Day brought to you by Statistic Brain:
* Average annual spending: $13B
* % of all flowers purchased by men: 73%
* % of women who send themselves flowers: 14%
* Amount the average consumer spends on Valentine’s Day: $116.21
* % of women who would end their relationship if they didn’t get anything for Valentine’s Day: 53%
* Average number of children conceived on Valentine’s Day: 11,000
The Valentine’s Day for
Burgers have been a staple of western culture for thousands of years. Some people say, it started with Genghis Khan, others believe the town of Hamburg played a significant role in building our hefty hot plate. Whatever you believe in, this hands-on dish brings together people from all walks of life, all while being wrapped up in paper and ready to eat. While this episode was meant to be burger session, things get a lil ‘Roasty’ for Ryan and the Gang as the comments become
How You Like Them Burgers Outline
* Interesting Burger FACTS.
What makes a good burger?
How do you like your burger?
What is your highlighted burger spot?
Burger Parlor – Orange – Andrey- Danish Blue (2.5 stars, highly suggest to try it).
Umami Burger – John – Impossible Burger (2.5 stars, texture wise needs work).
Hometown Donuts- Ryan
Rice-ism, our familiarity (and consumption) of a beloved staple, today’s InFatChewAsian episode gets down to the nitty gritty when it comes to this ingredient. Many different cultures use Rice for ceremonial purposes and other times it’s a necessity when using thrice the rice (Sake, Sushi, and Rice Vinegar). Listen into this episode to hear more about this staple and what makes it so important in the food and drink community!
Rice-ism and the Feasts Outline
* Interesting RICE-ist FACTS.
* What rice dishes or products do you enjoy on the regular?
* Any rice preferences that you have?
Rating for the type of rice?
Jasmine: J (1), A (1), R (0.5) = 2.5 stars
Basmati: J (1), A (0.5), R (0.5) = 2 stars
Long Grain (White): J (0), A (0), R (0.5) = 0.5 s
Favorite childhood foods, that’s where our infatuation began. You have seen how many people attend food festivals, the endless lines at new eateries, and the countless accounts dedicated to food on Instagram. The TRP team decided to explore our deep relationship with food. We are calling this series InFatChewAsian (Ryan cleverly came up with the name, which he reminds us every time =P). Ryan, aka The Break Dancing Bourdain, will be hosting the entire series as Andrey and John (sous chef 1 & sous chef 2 respectively) help serve up a podcast entree dedicated to food for your listening palate. In Appetizer 1 (episode 1 of the mini-series), we will be talking about our favorite childhood food.
Favorite Childhood Foods Outline
* The TRP history with food
* Why are we exploring Relationships with Food
* How TRP ranks food, restaurants, beverages?
* What is our childhood favorite food(s)?
* Where does McDonald̵
Men and women have sex (Yaaaass, please!!). Men and Men have sex (Is that a banana in your pocket or are you happy to see me?). Women and Women have sex (Meeoow). The greatest part of being human is to have SEX, especially if you are in a loving and committed relationship. Well, it occasionally occurs when you are not in love and/or committed as well. However, is there a time of day that you prefer to have sex? Most of the time the TRP Team agree on things, but it seems we differ in when we like to bump uglies. Therefore, this episode is the great 2017 Sex Debate: Morning, Night, Anytime? This topic “came” about from Debatable on Buzzfeed “Morning Sex Vs. Night Sex.” You can watch it HERE.
Sex Debate: Morning, Night, Anytime? Outline
* Who initiates more sex regardless of the hour, Men or Women?
* Morning Sex:
In the previous discussion on Improve Yourself Before Dating (episode 11), Ryan mentioned The Bar of Standards; not the bar at The Standard Hotel. Ryan thought this would be a great episode because everyone has this “bar” in reference to our partners and potential partners. Meaning that everyone has their own criteria when choosing a partner. Lets find out and get to the top (or bottom) of this.
The bar of standardS Outline
* How do you define “The Bar of Standards?”
* Are there differences of this Bar between Men and Women?
* Are there levels to your Bar of Standards or just one baseline?
* If so, when do you feel the need to adjust?
* With all the topics we’ve covered so far this season, which ones create the biggest impact to setting this bar? Is it any of the following:
* Communication Differences (Episode 7)
* Cultural Barriers (Episode 3)
* Deal Brea
Improving Yourself Before Dating, a cliche’ idea one of audience members suggested mentioned we should do an episode based around this central idea. This is a great topic choice because a majority of us learn something about ourselves in every relationship; whether successful or not. Special thanks to BooBoo for filling out our survey and making this awesome topic choice for today. We hope to answer all of your questions!!
Improving Yourself Before Dating Outline
* First of all, do you guys actively try to improve yourselves?
* What are some of the things that you guys do to improve yourselves?
* Hobbies, skills, discipline?
* Have you ever directly observed the benefits of doing this?
* What suggestions would you give to someone who doesn’t actively do this, but wants to?
* Tips, tricks, advice
* Why do you think it’s important fo
We dive into dating alpha women. Ryan and I had a brief conversation about potential collaborations. He mentioned a trio of woman that had a podcast–ABG Podcast, which is a trio of women. At first I thought ABG was short for Asian Baby Girls (which made me less interested), but it was Asian Boss Girls instead (which drew me back in). I thought about it and contrasted how much different women TODAY are compared to women 40 years ago. Today there are a lot more opportunities for women than before. Women today are much more highly educated, hold more powerful positions in business, they are in all industries that were previously dominated by men, have a lot of expendable income, and they just have the power of freedom to do whatever they want. Lets go!!
Dating Alpha Women Outline
* What is your definition of an Alpha Woman?
* Have you ever dated an Alpha Woman?
* Generally speaking, do you think it is difficult for men (or women) to date
Ryan highlights the Five Stages of a Relationship by George Levinger. The TRP team reviews all these stages: Acquaintance, Build-up, Continuation, Deterioration, and Termination. John wants to put this in modern terms so he refers to these stages as “Eat and Greet, Second Entree, Autopilot, Ready to Bounce, and Ghosting.”
Background on George Levinger:
* Pioneered research on interpersonal attraction and close relationships.
* Publishing dozens of articles including:
* Close Relationships: Perspectives on the Meaning of Intimacy
* Divorce and Seperation: Context, Causes, and Consequences
* Close Relationships
* Professor of Psychology at University of Massachusetts, Amherst from 1965 to 1992.
* Passed away on July 3, 2017.
Five Stages of a Relationship by George Levinger
* Acquaintance: Relationship starts with mutual attraction.
* Build-up: Couples becom
Do you ever wonder why your your man or boy friends have GNOs (Guys Night Out)? This Neanderthal event happens on a random weekday, but can also occur on weekends. We always come back late and very drunk with a goofy ass smile. GNO always involves alcohol, sports, video games, chest pounding, water cooler talk, and possibly twisting another friend’s nipple(s). We are very much modern cavemen, but very humorous if you had the lucky chance to tag along. Andrey wanted to dive into this topic we will call Lets Talk About Guy Time.
lets talk about guy time Outline
* Why do you need guy time?
* Is it mostly your need to get away from the relationship?
* Is it more for you need to keep in touch with close friends?
* Are there some activities that you can only do with certain groups of friends.
* All of the above?
* What are some of these activities?
* Video/tabletop games
* Watching spor