The Stripe Show Podcast is a one-on-one discussion with top coaches, players and personalities in the game of golf. Host Travis Fulton will entertain listeners along with show guests sharing unique insight on the professional and amateur game.
Where to listen
The Stripe Show Episode 10: Adam Thielen WR for the Minnesota Vikings
In this week's episode, we talk all things golf and football with Adam Thielen!
Some things about Adam:
• Represented Minnesota at the 2018 Pro Bowl, his 2nd consecutive Pro Bowl appearance.
• Finished the season 4th in the NFL in receptions (113), 9th in receiving yards (1,373) and tied for 10th in receiving TDs (9).
• Tied Cris Carter (1994) as the fastest Viking to reach 100 receptions in a season, needing 13 games to do so.
• Needed only 10 games to reach 1,000 yards in 2018, tying Randy Moss in 2003 as the fastest Viking to reach the mark.
• The 1st Viking to record consecutive seasons of 1,000+ receiving yards since Randy Moss did so for 6 consecutive seasons (1998-2003).
• Thielen's 113 receptions marked the 3rd-highest single-season total in franchise history. His 1,335 receiving yards marked the 4th-highest single-season total in franchise history.
• The 1st player in NFL history to record 8 consecutive games of 100+ receiving yards to start a season.
• 1 of 2 players in NFL history to record 8 consecutive games of 100+ receiving yards at any point in an NFL season (Calvin Johnson of the Detroit Lions in 2012).
• The 1st player in franchise history to record 9 games of 100+ receiving yards in a single season.
OFF THE FIELD Married to college sweetheart, Caitlin, who played soccer at Minnesota State-Mankato, in May of 2015 and the couple has two sons, Asher and Hudson...Together with Caitlin launched the Thielen Foundation in September of 2018, which aims to create programs that serve, educate and inspire individuals to reach their full potential...Joins C.J. Ham (Duluth) and Brandon Zylstra (Spicer) as Minnesotans on the Vikings roster in 2019...Active in Vikings community relations efforts, including work with the Humane Society with his wife, as well as attending the 2015 Vikings Arctic Blast in Thief River Falls and 2016 Winterfest in Duluth...Hosts youth football camps in the Twin Cities and his hometown of Detroit Lakes...Opened a gym, ETS Elite Thielen during the 2016 offseason in Lakeville, Minnesota, just south of the Twin Cities...Avid golfer, spends time golfing in Arizona and Florida in the offseason...Majored in management and earned bachelor's degree from MSU.
In this week's episode, we talk all things golf and golf fantasy with the Tour Junkies!
Tour Junkies is David Barnett and Pat Perry, born and raised in Augusta, Ga. just minutes from The Augusta National Golf Club. Golf has been a part of their lives since day one. They grew up going to The Masters Tournament every year and seeing their favorite Tour players up close and personal while choking down their $2 Egg Salad sandwiches and $1 Moon Pies (later in life they traded in the Moon Pies for the “Import Beer” in the green cups). David even spent 2 years as a member caddie at Augusta National while attending Augusta State University which only fueled his love for the game even more.
In this week's episode of the Stripe Show, we talk to the Evan Fox and Ty Schmit aka the Dream Team. Evan is all things video and Ty is all things audio for the Pat McAfee show. We go through their golf game, their PGA Tour favorites and the 3 word game!
Make sure to go follow them on Instagram and Twitter!
Twitter: @evanfoxy, @tyschmit
You don't want to miss this week's episode with Michael Collins as he shares some behind the ropes and plays the 3 word game! Go Follow Michael on Twitter and Instagram: @espncaddie
Alittle about @espncaddie:
Michael Collins joined the ESPN.com golf team in 2011 and brings his unique perspective from 10 years as a professional golf caddie to his writing and video reports. Collins also previously worked for 20 years as a standup comedian.
In addition to his work covering golf for ESPN, Collins also co-hosts the “Matty and the Caddie” ESPN podcast with SportsCenter anchor Matt Barrie. Collins also has appeared on numerous ESPN programs and platforms including Get Up!, SportsCenter, First Take and ESPN Radio to discuss golf and other topics.
In this week's Stripe Show, we talk to Matt Ginella, co-host of Golfs Channel's Morning Drive and host of the Golf Advisor Round Trip Travel Series. We go inside the ropes of Golfs Channel's Morning Drive with untold hilarious stories, Matt gives us his top 5 golf courses for buddy trips, and Matt plays the 3 Word Game.
Subscribe to the Podcast!
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Instagram
Like us on Facebook
In this episode we talk to Paul Tesori about the recent win at the Presidents Cup, the 3 word game, and more!
Paul has worked on the PGA Tour as a caddie for nearly 20 years, most recently for Webb Simpson. He also earned a PGA Tour card as a player, competing for one season in the mid-1990s.