Grant Ament: ADVNC Founder & CEO Chris Rotelli welcomes Penn St Attackman, Grant Ament to the show
Ament and his Nittany Lions are currently the unanimous #1 ranked team in Division I Men's Lacrosse. Ament leads DI in assists and is 3rd nationally in points. He's a huge part of the nation's highest scoring offensive unit.
Chris & Grant discuss the following topics on the show:
- Grant's upbringing in lacrosse and his time starring for the Haverford School
- His college recruitment and how he decided to play for Penn St
- His recovery from a foot injury that caused him to miss the 2018 season
- Grant's development into becoming one of the top assist-men in the nation
- Players Grant studied and looked up to growing up and how he emulates parts of their game
- Grant's advice for young players looking to develop their skills
Lars Tiffany: ADVNC Founder & CEO Chris Rotelli welcomes University of Virginia Head Coach, Lars Tiffany to the show
Tiffany and his Cavaliers are coming off 3 straight OT wins as they host Notre Dome in Charlottesville this weekend. Tiffany is in his 3rd season at UVA as he tries to return the Cavs to national prominence.
Chris & Lars discuss the following topics on the show:
- how the Hoos managed to win 3 straight OT games
- how the UVa program is different now than when Tiffany took over
- why Tiffany's teams are so consistently excellent in the ground ball game
- what lessons Tiffany brought to UVa that he learned from his former head coach, (and former UVa head coach) Dom Starsia
- biggest differences in the way Tiffany teaches and trains players now compared to when he started coaching
- Tiffany's prediction on who will make the 2019 Final Four
- what Tiffany thinks his team needs to do in order to win the National Championship
Jon Torpey: ADVNC Founder & CEO Chris Rotelli welcomes High Point University Head Coach, Jon Torpey to the show.
Torpey and his Panthers are off to an amazing 4-0 start to the '19 season, with wins over Duke, UVa, and Drexel. Currently in his 7th season at the helm of the High Point program, he is one of the hottest young coaches in college lacrosse.
Chris & Jon discuss the following topics on the show:
- if Jon is surprised at his team's 4-0 start
- how good his team can be
- how Jon develops great chemistry & culture on his team
- what Jon loves about coaching
- Jon's view on the current state of college lacrosse recruiting
- the most important skills young players need to develop
Pat Spencer: ADVNC Founder & CEO Chris Rotelli welcomes Loyola University Maryland senior attackman Pat Spencer to the show.
Spencer is one of the premier players in Division 1 men's lacrosse. A 2-time Tewaaraton Award Finalist, Spencer is viewed by many as the favorite to win the prestigious award in 2019.
Chris & Pat discuss the following on the show:
- Pat's individual & team goals for the '19 season
- Pat's mentality when the Greyhounds have the ball
- The recruiting process and how Pat ended up at Loyola
- Pat's love for basketball and his future aspirations to play college hoops
- Pat's focus in his training sessions
- Other players Pat admired and studied growing up
- Pat's advice for young players
Ryan Powell: ADVNC Founder & CEO Chris Rotelli welcomes Lacrosse Hall of Famer, Ryan Powell to the show.
Powell is one of the greatest offensive players of all-time. A Four-Time All-American at Syracuse, Powell led the Orange to a National Title in 2000. Ryan was a Two-Time MLL MVP and the Captain of the 2010 US Lacrosse Team that won the World Championship. Ryan currently works with his brothers at Powell Lacrosse.
Chris & Ryan discuss the following on the show:
- Growing up in Upstate NY with his brothers (Casey Powell is the eldest brother, Ryan is the middle brother, and Mike Powell is the younger. All 3 Powell brothers were multiple time All-Americans at Syracuse)
- How all 3 Powell brothers were able to star at Syracuse University
- The current state & future of lacrosse at the pro level
- The greatest players he's ever seen
- Ryan & Chris's days playing in the MLL on the same team
- The current state of Powell Lacrosse, a company Ryan runs with Casey & Mike
- Ryan's current role with the Syracuse lacrosse program
Dom Starsia: ADVNC Founder & CEO Chris Rotelli welcomes Lacrosse Hall of Famer, Dom Starsia to the show.
Starsia is one of the most successful coaches in the history of lacrosse. Starsia coached Rotelli at UVA where they combined to win the 2003 Division 1 National Championship. Starsia won 4 National Titles at UVA in all, and was inducted into the National Lacrosse Hall of Fame in 2008. Starsia will be a Head Coach in the PLL this Summer.
Chris & Dom discuss the following on the show:
- Dom's days as a player at Brown University
- How the game of lacrosse has changed over the years
- Dom's decision to join the PLL as a Head Coach
- Overseeing his UVA team popularize 'The Dive'
- The return of 'The Dive' this season
- The best players and teams he's ever seen
- The key to building a Championship team
- Dom's lifelong love affair with the game of lacrosse
Marcus Holman & Adam Ghitelman: ADVNC Founder & CEO Chris Rotelli welcomes current Pro Lacrosse Players & University of Utah coaches, Marcus Holman & Adam Ghitelman.
Holman & Ghitelman are both veterans of the MLL and are set to make the leap to the newly formed PLL. They both starred in the ACC at UNC & UVA, respectively. And they are both assistant coaches at the University of Utah, where they will participate in the school's first ever Division 1 Season in 2019.
Chris, Marcus, and Adam discuss the following on the show:
- turning the Utah Utes into a Division 1 lacrosse program
- Long-term expectations for the Utah program
- Coaching under Marcus's dad, Utah Head Coach: Brian Holman
- Growing up in lacrosse hotbeds on the East Coast.
- Memories of playing at UNC & UVA
- The difference between lacrosse on the East & West Coast.
- Making the leap from the MLL to the PLL.
- The future of outdoor pro lacrosse
- The Give & Go Foundation
- Advice for young players who have college lacrosse aspirations
Steve Stenersen: ADVNC Founder & CEO Chris Rotelli welcomes the President & CEO of US Lacrosse, Steve Stenersen.
Steve has been at the helm of US Lacrosse since its inception in 2008. He has been a key part of the sport's explosion in popularity.
Steve & Chris discuss the following topics:
- Steve's intro to the sport of lacrosse
- Steve's days at UNC where he won 2 National Titles
- The growth of lacrosse, and why it isn't growing as rapidly now as it was 5 years ago
- The start of the PLL and the future of outdoor pro lacrosse
- Lacrosse's potential as an Olympic sport
- Steve's advice for parents & players who want to pursue college lacrosse
Rob Pannell: ADVNC Founder & CEO Chris Rotelli welcomes the reigning MLL MVP Rob Pannell to the show.
Rob is one of the most prolific attackmen in the history of lacrosse, and is widely regarded as one of the best current lacrosse players in the world.
Rob & Chris discuss the following topics:
- How Rob came to love playing lacrosse
- Getting recruited to Cornell
- Rob's record breaking 2013 season for the Big Red
- Winning a World Championship for Team USA
- Playing in the MLL and winning the 2018 MVP award
- How playing Box Lacrosse helps improve his skills
- Rob's fitness regimen
- His New "Attack Academy"
Paul Carcaterra: On this, our 2nd podcast episode, ADVNC Founder & CEO Chris Rotelli welcomes Paul Carcaterra to the show. Paul is one of the most well known and respected people in the entire sport of lacrosse.
He has been one of ESPN's top lacrosse analysts and sideline reporters since 2010. He is also a sideline reporter for ESPN's college football coverage. He played lacrosse at Syracuse, and helped lead the Orange to a National Title in 1995. Paul is also the founder of Maverik Showtime Lacrosse, one of the top college recruiting showcases in America.
Chris and Paul discuss a variety of topics including:
- How Paul came to love the game of lacrosse
- Paul's time at Syracuse in the midst of their unprecedented run of 22 straight Final Fours
- Paul's broadcasting career
- The growth lacrosse has enjoyed over the past decade
- A preview of the 2019 college lacrosse season amid the new rule changes
- Paul's advice for young players who want to play at the college level
Mikie Schlosser: Welcome to the inaugural edition of the ADVNC Lacrosse Podcast. Founder & CEO Chris Rotelli is your host for this episode. We are proud to have Mikie Schlosser as our first guest. Mikie started playing on ADVNC teams in 8th grade. He then was a 2 year captain for the University of Michigan lacrosse team. Mikie just won his 1st MLL Championship as a member of the Denver Outlaws. We hope you enjoy our show.