Join your host Dr. Matt Driscoll and his guest Kyle Glickman, owner of GlickFit Strength and Conditioning, as they talk fitness. In this episode they will discuss:
1. Why working out is important?
2. What a workout plan entails?
3. Where we start when it comes to a workout plan?
4. Kyle's opinion on Cardio, HIIT, and strength training.
5. What vitals and objective markers he uses with his clients.
6. What a typical session will look like in his gym. (Hint sometimes it doesn't involve picking up a weight!)
7. Why we should have a plan in the gym.
8. Kyle's take on over training.
9. One breathing tip to tap into parasympathetic tone.
10. What Kyle's favorite lift is and info on GlickFit.
11. Connect with Kyle online at: https://www.kyleglickman.com/
12. Where Kyle would take a friend in Rochester who has never been here.
Join your host Dr. Matt Driscoll and his guest Erica Ebert, founder and co-owner of Balance Yoga, as they do a deep dive into changing the brain. In this episode you will learn:
1. What is neuroplasticity?
2. A few examples of neuroplasticity in everyday life.
3. How Erica using mindfulness to impact her clients brains.
4. Re-wiring the brain through: "Fight, Flight and Freeze."
5. How social media is changing our brains and behaviors.
6. How mindfulness, yoga and meditation promotes a healthy brain.
7. How Erica "Wins the Day."
8. What Erica has coming up in 2019 with her yoga studio and position at Webster School Districts.
9. Connect with Erica online at:
10. Where she would take a friend who has never been to Rochester.
Join host Dr. Matt Driscoll and his guest Brett Richardson, Chef and yoga instructor at Breathe Yoga and Juice Bar, as they talk FOOD and goals. In this episode they will discuss:
1. What is food prep and why is it important?
2. How do we go about starting a food prep habit?
3. How do we become more efficient in the kitchen?
4. Being a chef, any tips or secrets to make the kitchen experience more enjoyable?
5. What are your secret ingredients to make your taste buds come to life?
6. This is the first podcast of 2019 and many of us want to eat healthier in the new year. How do we go about making attainable goals with our nutrition?
7. When should we re-visit these goals? How many goals should we put down on paper?
8. What do you have coming up in 2019?
9. How can listeners connect with you online and see your crazy beard?
10. If you have a friend coming to Rochester for the first time where are you taking them?
You can find and connect with Brett at:
Or on his Instagram or Facebook pages which show his epic beard and many food pics around town:
Join your host Dr. Matt Driscoll and his guest Leslee Schenk-Trzcinski, owner and operator of Tune Yoga, as they discuss how menopause affects the body and mind:
1. What is menopause?
2. What are the signs and symptoms someone is entering menopause?
3. How does menopause affect one's athletic performance?
4. What about sleep?
5. What tips can you offer females currently going through menopause?
6. How can someone properly prepare for menopause years before it starts?
7. What workshops and other plans Leslee has coming up in 2019.
8. Connect with Leslee online at:
Join your host Dr. Matt Driscoll and his special guest Peter Englert, Pastor of adult ministries at Browncroft Community Church, as they discuss how relationships and loneliness affect our health. In this episode you will hear:
1. Peter's story and what a typical day as a pastor looks like.
2. What is Pete's definition of loneliness?
3. Why is loneliness so common in males?
4. How do we begin fixing this problem?
5. Why are relationships so important?
6. What if I'm an introvert? Is it normal for me to feel lonely?
7. Was Jesus an introvert or extrovert?
8. What does Browncroft Community Church have coming up the rest of 2018 and into 2019?
9. Listeners can connect with Peter:
10. Where Pete would take a friend in Rochester who has never been here before. (Hint it involves cheesecake mmm!!)
Additional notes from the show:
Join your host Dr. Matt Driscoll and his guest David Brickman who owns Body Mind Float Center on Park Ave in Rochester, NY. In this episode you will learn:
1. How David went from professional violin player to opening Body Mind Float Center in 2013.
2. What is floating and some of the benefits?
3. Why is sensory deprivation important?
4. What does a typical float session entail from start to finish?
5. Any contraindication to floating?
6. Any recommendations for a first time floater?
7. How often should you float?
To connect with David and/or get more info on floating, salt therapy or to make an appointment, purchase gift cards, etc. go to their website: http://bodymindfloatcenter.com/
Stay tuned for an upcoming podcast in 2019 about David's other business venture Hemp it Up where we talk about CBD, hemp products and so much more!
Join your host Dr. Matt Driscoll and his guest Dr. Shamus Clancey as they discuss:
1. The practice of acupuncture.
2. The history of acupuncture.
3. What inspired Dr. Clancey to become an acupuncturist.
4. What can be treated with acupuncture.
5. Logistics with referrals and insurance.
6. How does acupuncture impact anxiety/stress management.
7. What a typical new patient exam looks like.
To connect with Dr. Clancey find him at: acu585.com, https://www.facebook.com/shamus.clancey or on instagram @wutangclancey.
Join your host Dr. Matt Driscoll and his guest Rocco Bianchi as they discuss ROC Free Fitness. In this episode you will learn:
1. All about ROC Free Fitness
2. The November Project
3. What else Rocco is up to in the community
4. How to connect with Rocco
Rocco is co-founder of ROC Free Fitness with Molly Flaherty. Follow them on their journey each Wednesday morning @roc_free_fitness.
Check out one of his yoga classes at: https://www.breatheyoga.com/your-class-schedule/
If you would like an appointment with Rocco for his esthetician services contact Rocco directly (info below) or call Breathe Pittsford.
Rocco can also be reached on his personal Facebook page (Rocco Bianchi), Instagram page @rocco0yeahh or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join Dr. Matt Driscoll and his guest Craig Waasdorp as they discuss the benefits of eating mushrooms🍄 . In this episode you will learn:
1. Various types of mushrooms
2. How to "sweat" your mushrooms to properly prepare them
3. The role they play in the environment
4. Some of the health benefits when consuming mushrooms on a regular basis
5. Many other cool 🍄 facts and tips...
Craig is the owner and operator of Little Sprout Farms, LLC and the best way to connect with him is online at http://www.littlesproutfarmsny.com/ or on instagram @littlesproutfarms.
Check out some of Craig's 🍄pics 👇:
Chicken of the woods: https://www.instagram.com/p/BoT0-Llnts9/?taken-by=littlesproutfarms
Lions mane: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl6zOztBmOo/?taken-by=littlesproutfarms
Join Dr. Matt Driscoll and his guest Dr. Pam Grover as they discuss Leaky Gut Syndrome. Learn what you can do naturally to prevent this condition and start healing your gut if you have it. Connect with Dr. Grover at www.pamgrovermd.com
Join Dr. Matt Driscoll and his guests Vinny and Chris from Ruckhouse Athletics as they talk about their unique training style and passion for fitness. Connect with them on Facebook, Ruckhouse Athletics LLC, and on instagram, @ruckhouseathleticsroc.
Join Dr. Matt Driscoll and his guest Bonnie Venton as they discuss M.I.M.'S and their annual 5k Race Sunday September 30th at 9am. Sign up for Run/Walk at ironangelfoundation.org. Connect with Bonnie to learn more about M.I.M.S at email@example.com or on Facebook at Moms In Motion Pittsford.
Join Dr. Matt Driscoll and his guest Malisa Lougher, co-owner of Driphouse, as they talk about the benefits of sweating or "Dripping" in Far Infrared Sauna beds. Check out DripHouse on instagram @driphousepittsford or driphouseinc.com.
Join Dr. Matt Driscoll as he discusses Push Yourself with Guest Paul Valenti. Sign up for a Push Yourself event, contact or follow Paul on his daily adventures: www.PUSHYOURSELF.com (has all the events.) Instagram @PushYourselfDTRT Twitter @PushYourself Facebook @PushYourself Instagram @ValentiBusAdventures Instagram @EmpireUnitedDA