Reinout is a strategic & corporate advisor in the games industry. Every weekend he is hosting his own podcast show about the gaming industry. Topics such as the latest game news, game development, marketing, trends and analysis.
30 minutes of gaming update. Hope you will enjoy it.
I want to thank the following people for assisting with answers to my questions;
- Joakim Achrén Of Elite Game Developers, his podcast; https://podkite.link/HSBOaX1
- Tom Buscaglia, The Game Attorney
- Rene Otto; Van Iersel Luchtman Attorneys
- Chris Reed; Esports Start Up Advisor
- Joshua Swerdlow; Growth Consultant
- Dirk Schmitt; Workshop 'How to prepare a Games Conference': https://www.eventbrite.com/e/gaming-san-francisco-tickets-82196789811
- Tim Wilson; Qutee
- Alfonso Villar; Playspace
- Celine Pasula; Fingersoft
Special Thanks to;
JEFF GRUBB of GamesBeat and Matthew Forde of PocketGamer
I do hope you enjoyed episode 4 of Game Consultant. In episode 5 on Saturday the following items;
- Start up in Games, Joakim Achrén founded NextGames and now has a new start up “Elite Game Developers”.
- Legal and Games, how boring, do you say? But so important, is my response. With Tom Buscaglia, I would say “THE” Game Attorney and Rene Otto of Van Iersel Luchtman Attorneys.
- Esports! Some insights from Chris Reed.
- BizTech is organizing a workshop ‘How to prepare a gaming conference’, Tuesday February 18th. Dirk Schmittanswered some questions.
- My watchlist of gaming companies Fingersoft, Qutee, PlaySpace.
So keep an eye open this Saturday for my new podcast of Game Consultant. Till then, stay safe and and keep sending me feedback and input.
More info; https://www.game-consultant.com
This weekend a brand new episode of Game Consultant. I am going to talk about the growing revenues of mobile gaming.
2019 was, yet, another stellar year for mobile gaming revenues. Sensor Tower estimates show that worldwide spending in games grew 12.8% across the App Store and Google Play, from $54.7 billion in 2018 to $61.7 billion in 2019. Hold on to that!
So quickly discussing;
- Kolibri Game got acquired by Ubisoft
- Funding; how difficult is it today?
- Marketing; is it getting too expensive?
- And.... what gaming companies are on our watchlist!!
Till then. Send us your feedback.
Changed the format a bit, not just one topic per episode, but address things that I feel that are relevant for & about the gaming industry.
GameBizCon with Dirk Schmitt had a conference this week, a jury selected a top 10. Realy nice talking to people via video calls, but also the panels were realy great. Of course my panel was awesome, jokie-joke, but seriously all panels had great gaming people involved and they shared their vision, epxerience and thoughts. And you know, it was great cause you could sit at your desk and be part of it!
Also with Dirk, I am thinking about a concept where the top dogs of the gaming industry will help the young and potential gaming companies to be able to visit conferences like GDC and Gamescom. More to come asap!
China is in the news. Does this Coronavirus affect you, your company and/or others? Let me know since learnings are important.
Pascal Clarysse is working on something new; Big Karma. A social impact entertainment startup in stealth mode. Big Karma is taking the Best Fiends/Angry Birds playbook, which is to create a character-centric entertainment franchise through mobile gaming first, and applies it to the first ever cast of action heroes who overcome their disability to win. I am going to assist Pascal to find angel investors to fill up a 500K initial funding. So angels, do you want to know more, ask me or pascal.
Lastly; GameRefinery. The guys did well in the GameBizCon pitch and announced an acquisition. Congrats to Markus and his team.
Big thanks for listening, more episode here, and do send me input, thoughts and topics, but also the latest news.
Love to you all,
Game-Consultant.com Podcast time; Why da heck are you going to game conferences? My personal view what should be crucial for the gaming space when it comes to gaming conferences. Also a bit about myself, improve the podcast.