Welcome to the home The How Podcast.
The podcast with lessons on life and business from real people, who are taking forward moves and are not scared to fail.
Joshua Roode is the Managing Director of Cape Town is Awesome. As a digital strategist, he has been regularly featured on programs such as Cape Talk 567, 702, and Hashtag Radio. He has worked with national retailers, local celebrities and continues to help brands & influencers bring the best work into the online space.
We all shoot videos with our cell phones and the majority of us aren't attempting to make the next Oscar-winning film. We're simply attempting to catch moments that are essential to us,
or film things we think will impact others.
The truth is You don't need a ton of expensive equipment to film and edit engaging videos.
There are a few details and things you can do to ensure the video you shoot with your cell phone is something worth viewing — whether those moments are funny, entertaining, impactful, or shocking.
Social Media Marketing and Is Social Media Good or Bad for business? It’s time to talk about the good the bad and the ugly of social media and how online choices lead to offline consequences.
Digital Strategist, Joshua Roode is interviewed by Cape Talk Host and Author Sara-Jayne King on the realities of social media and how it can either be the best thing for your brand, how it can lead to feeling dissatisfied and how it can affect your life/business.
1. The Good: how social media can improve the customer experience and enhance the image of the brand.
2. The Bad: how poor social media management leaves a negative image for the customer. i,e no responses to customers questions, no frequent updates and a general lack of strategy
3. The Ugly: When social media managers cross the line and lose their jobs. When company personnel use their personal accounts and bring the brand into disrepute.
There are many who have almost reached the point of burnout, have stopped enjoying their work and wish to run away. Yet, only a few think about taking the plunge and finding the life that exists elsewhere. And, there are many who have the itch to be on the move all the time yet they stick to their office cubicle because they don’t know how to fund their wanderlust. Only those who are courageous enough are the ones who succeed in exploring a completing different kind of life- the life of a digital nomad. Mark Johnson speaks to Digital Strategist, Joshua Roode about how digital nomads survive and to explain exactly what they are.
Download my FREE guide on 10 Steps To Building Your Personal Brand on Social Media:
Follow me on Social Media
Joshua Roode and Sara-Jayne King discuss the dynamics of using video to build your brand and how to get started on social media. It is as simple as going live on Facebook or using your cell phone to record your next idea.
Before we go there, Download my FREE guide on 10 Steps To Building Your Personal Brand on Social Media: http://bit.ly/Josh10Steps
Some tips to consider are,
1. It is good to know what you want to talk about before going live or to record your video. Ask yourself the question of, 'What do you want to be known for?' Be clear about your outcome and as specific as possible about what you want the outcome of your video to be.
2. Don't let perfect be the enemy of the good. You can always refine your process as you go along. Everyone has to start somewhere.
3. Position yourself in a place that puts good light onto your face and gives you the opportunity to capture good quality sound. Good lighting and sound help to make your video far better.
Sharing online provides you with an amazing opportunity to build an online persona that mirrors your own qualities and expert skills. Regardless of whether you just utilize social media every so often, the content you share or respond to feeds into building your personal brand. How you act online is equally as important as to how to present yourself offline.
Understanding the importance of having a personal brand and how it reflects online can play into things Here are 10 things to consider when building your personal brand on Social Media
Making an individual brand via online networking and social media requires a great deal of thought and research to do it effectively, but don't let that deter you. It isn't about what you look like or where you live, it's about what you remain for and what individuals ought to expect when they see you've posted another piece of value-driven content. Think long haul and make sure to observe what's working and not working and alter as needed.