It's been a while since I last recorded for my personal podcast, but here we go again! This time, we are going under a new name: Net Positive.
In the first episode back, let's dive into what it takes to win in any digital channel.
If you want tips more frequently and in your inbox, you can join my newsletter at blakebemal.com/tips.
Don't forget to follow me socially as well (you can DM me your marketing questions or just say wassup):
Have you long contemplated the possibility of starting your own company, but don't know where to start?
Cory Warfield can relate to that. In fact, there was a point where Cory didn't even know he wanted to start a business. He found himself without a home and without any resources, and had to decide what he was going to make of himself.
In this interview, Cory provides relatable and actionable advice for starting a company and growing it through social media.
Are you stuck in a career that doesn't fulfill you?
Are you silently begging for a new opportunity to present itself so you can move on?
Many people across the world are faced with this dilemma, but they have no idea how to escape it.
Dr. Natalia Wiechowski was one of them.
She gained an impressive education, and began an impressive career.
And yet, it didn't speak to what she truly wanted to accomplish with her life. She determined that it was time to make a change.
After a 9-month sabbatical and intense thought, Natalia moved on to the next chapter of her life.
She is now an award-winning personal branding strategist, Instagram influencer, and LinkedIn expert.
In this interview, she gives highly actionable tips and methods for getting to a place in your life that you'll absolutely love.
Have you ever truly wondered if social media is bad or good?
There are so many factors at play for this question, but I attempt to do my best job at dissecting the good and the bad aspects of social media in this video.
There are no perfect answers here, but I believe that ultimately social media platforms are good when used genuinely.
You'll learn more about that explanation in the video, as well as why some people think social media is ruining our lives!
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE and hit the BELL so you never miss my videos again!
Want to know how to be creative and interesting on social media?
One of the most daunting tasks for content creators is knowing what content to post.
And even then, actually executing and making a creative video or post is extremely difficult.
In this episode, I share my own tips that have worked exceptionally well for my social media accounts.
Make sure to subscribe and comment letting me know what your social media questions are. I would love to be a resource for you!
Now is the time to start catching the wave of professional networking online, and there is no better place to do so than LinkedIn.
But the simple fact of having a profile is not enough. You need to transform your account into a lead gen and recruiting machine.
What determines LinkedIn profile strength?
Ultimately, the impact of your LinkedIn account comes down to 6 simple, yet essential, elements:
What on earth is a keyword? And how am I supposed to choose good ones if I'm a total noob to SEO?
In this episode, I give you a method for finding and selecting keywords that will crush it online, without having to learn to use any new online tools.
Remember to subscribe to the show on iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts.
Over the past 2 months, I have used my personal Instagram as a guinea pig to find out what works and doesn't on the app in terms of gaining a bigger following.
Here is what I've found so far:
1. What not to do:
- Buy followers
- Misuse hashtags
- Post random content
- set up automatic DMs
- set up automatic comments and likes
- post at random times
2. What to do:
- Post at the right times according to cold-hard data
- Follow only people in your niche
- Using the right hashtags (100K-500K posts)
- Spend at least 30 minutes a day commenting on those relevant hashtags
- Post consistent content (both in style and in substance)
- Use DM groups to connect with up to 15 people in your niche at a time, come to an agreement to like each other's content when it goes live)
- Use Stories properly (hashtags, polls, mentions, locations)
-Create IGTV videos NOW
Today, I speak with Jordan Paris, Author of Growth Mindset University and owner of Paris Web Design.
We cover everything from what makes great web design, to common design flaws and mistakes, and even how to get featured in big publications, like Men's Health.
Get Jordan's book on Amazon or at https://growth-mindset-book.com/
Also check out Jordan's blog at https://jordanparishealth.com/
Make sure to subscribe to the podcast AS WELL AS the YouTube channel at https://youtube.com/c/BlakeEmal/sub_confirmation=1
IGTV is Instagram's brand new app and integration that allows you to upload long-form video content!
This will answer questions, such as:
- What is IGTV?
- How Does it Work?
- Why Is It Different than Instagram?
- And more will be explained!
This is huge news for all creators, whether on Instagram vs YouTube vs Snapchat, or elsewhere.
IGTV has the potential to change the way personal video is consumed.
You can create a one hour Instagram video! This is an Instagram update you won't want to miss.
Directly from the Instagram Blog: "IGTV is different in a few ways. First, it’s built for how you actually use your phone, so videos are full screen and vertical. Also, unlike on Instagram, videos aren’t limited to one minute. Instead, each video can be up to an hour long."
Add me on IGTV at instagram.com/blakebemal or by following me on Instagram @blakebemal !
On today's episode, I speak with Carol J. Dunlop, author of "UN-Market Your Business: 10 Ways for Savvy Entrepreneurs to Stand Out, Stop Struggling, and Start Profiting".
We discuss the ins and outs of what makes a great website, as well as how to get more customers from your online presence.
This is a great show for small business owners who are looking for tips from an industry pro.
Carol has been in web design and marketing for more than 20 years, and has seen it all.
Here is the website for the freebie: http://csicorporation.com/7-strategies/
Without further ado, please enjoy this interview with Carol J Dunlop.
If you have traffic coming in to your website, but the sales just aren't reflecting any success, you need to try out some CRO tips.
Lucky for you, I have a bunch right here in this episode.
CRO (Conversion Rate Optimization) is highly important, and often overlooked. It basically deals with all elements of your website that are trying to get users to buy your product or service.
How well is your website set up to succeed?
Looking for insanely actionable social media engagement advice?
Here are 8 tips that will explode the amount of likes, comments, and shares you receive.
- Ask them to like, share, or comment on your content
- Always respond to any comment you get on any platform
- Use clickbait the right way!
- And more!
If you haven't already subscribed to this podcast, don't miss out on any more actionable tips!
Go to --- bit.ly/subscribe-to-sparketing ---
There is so much opportunity out there for you to take your idea from an interest to a money-making machine.
Here are my expert tips based on my own personal experience.
Get started on your journey today!
A Pro's Guide to the Best Free Online Marketing Tools for Your Small Biz or Brand
Getting better keyword ideas: UberSuggest neilpatel.com/ubersuggest
Website SEO Analysis: Neil Patel's SEO Analysis neilpatel.com/seo-analyzer/
Collecting Emails: SUMO https://sumo.com/
Email Marketing and Automation: Mailchimp.com
Finding viral content to post: Google Trends trends.google.com & Buzzsumo buzzsumo.com
Finding what your customers want to know: Quora.com
Getting your ideal leads: Hunter Hunter.io
Want to learn how to make money in online marketing?
This episode explains the tools and resources you need to succeed, as well as winning marketing methodologies that will drive success to your online presence.
- SEO: Writing and making media more human. In an age of automation, the key trend for 2018 is true engagement between human beings. If you can master this, you can master Google in 2018.
- Content Marketing: Creating native video for each platform and engaging directly with your audience. The big trend here is going for a smaller, high quality audience. This opposes thoughts in the past of getting as many people in front of your content as possible. Instead, relationships with the right people and promote to them.
- Voice Marketing: Perhaps the biggest trend of the past year that will continue to boom in popularity is that of voice marketing. Think about it: podcasts are bigger than ever, Alexa and Google are taking over our homes, and Spotify just launched their audio ad platform. Take advantage of this by starting a podcast where you provide real value. Create an Alexa briefing skill and update it daily. Try your hand at Spotify ads (they do most of the work for you, after all)
This episode talks about why digital marketing is (and isn't) just marketing.
Subscribe to the podcast and to the YouTube channel for free online marketing lessons. https://www.youtube.com/c/BlakeEmal?sub_confirmation=1
Sparketing is where people like you turn to learn digital marketing from start to finish, all for FREE!
This podcast is all about teaching you highly actionable online marketing principles for growing your business or brand.
If that sounds like something that could provide value to you, your brand, and your business, then make sure to join me by subscribing!
The #1 question I get from people considering a switch to freelance work or starting their own business is:
What is it like working from home?
If you are considering a similar change in your life, you may be wondering:
- Is working from home easier or harder?
- Won't I get distracted all the time?
- How do I remain focused on my work?
- How do I set up a productive home office?
I will answer all of these questions and more right here, right now.
Go out there and crush it as a solopreneur with these 6 actionable tips:
1. Play to your passions, not just your strengths
2. Narrow down your niche that makes you stand out like a unicorn in a sea of donkeys (Larry Kim)
3. Find likeminded people on social media and cater to them, not to the masses
4. Be authentically YOU, 100% of the time. People don't like boring pretenders, and if you get mocked for being you then hey: you've still got their attention
5. Make mistakes every single day. Just don't make the same ones tomorrow.
6. Ask for what you are worth based on results and experience. Don't charge less because you think clients want that. Charge your authentic worth per project
Do you have a website?
Of course you do. You're listening to this episode, after all!
Here are 5 great tips on conversion optimization for your website. You will learn the importance of:
- Great content
- Meaningful design
- Starting a blog
- Using videos to engage
It took me 25 years to realize that I thoroughly enjoyed sitting in an empty room, talking to myself.
No, I’m not insane. I’m the next closest thing: an avid podcaster.
I wish it hadn’t taken me so long to find the right medium for capturing my voice and telling the stories I actually care about telling.
I know that you might be thinking podcasts are sort of boring. You are dead wrong.
The word "niche" in French means to make a nest.
This is what niches should be for our business: a safe zone carefully constructed for us from which we never deviate.
Niching down is the single most effective strategy for increasing sales and improving morale in your business.
Here are 6 tips to make your social media approach far more productive:
1. Identify the platforms that work for your brand or business
2. Know your goal for each platform and write it down in a permanent place. Sticky notes!
3. Create a posting schedule and content calendar
4. Try to spend an hour per day per platform engaging with your audience
5. If you must market, avoid AdWords and stick with Facebook ads
6. Don't forget that your audience is already bigger than you think
Faith is basically my new hero. She has been through so much, but listen to the power and poise with which she speaks. Trials do not need to define us in any way other than by showing our strength to overcome.
TOOLS FOR MEASURING SUCCESS
Google Search Console
TOOLS FOR KEYWORD RESEARCH
Google Keyword Planner
TOOLS FOR SOCIAL MEDIA
TOOLS FOR AUTOMATION
TOOLS FOR DESIGN
TOOLS FOR YOUR WEBSITE
Yoast SEO plugin
Google pagespeed insights
TOOLS FOR EMAIL MARKETING
TOOLS FOR PPC
Facebook Ads Manager
Today we go through the seven (7) categories of digital marketing that you will become a master at in the coming weeks.
They are as follows:
Search engine optimization
Search engine marketing
Social Media Marketing