Episodes with music are only available on Spotify.
Men are supposed to be strong. That’s what society has told us for generations. Even as society’s expectations have gradually changed, many men still try to remain stoic even when they experience a deep, personal loss. Understanding how men grieve can help men understand their own emotions and help those who love them to provide the support they need in a difficult time.
What is Lectio Divina?
Lectio Divina is a contemplative way of reading the Bible. It dates back to the early centuries of the Christian Church and was established as a monastic practice by Benedict in the 6th century. It is a way of praying the scriptures that leads us deeper into God’s word. We slow down. We read a short passage more than once. We chew it over slowly and carefully. We savor it. Scripture begins to speak to us in a new way. It speaks to us personally, and aids that union we have with God through Christ who is himself the Living Word.
What does a pastor do? Why do we want pastors? How do we know if the pastor is doing his job? What is his job? What kind of authority does the pastor have? What is the responsibility of the congregation?
You know… the game where you hold hands with someone, try to bend each other’s wrists backwards until one of you can’t stand it anymore – and then, in defeat, one of you yells, “MERCY!!!”
Sounds like fun, right? 🙂
In real life, extending mercy to someone who has hurt you can be just as painful.
But, here’s the thing… at some point, God decided to do exactly that in each of our lives. Join us as Pastor Ryan speaks on Mercy!
Grab that coffee, tea or water and sit back and enjoy as Pastor Ryan takes us through 1 peter 1:3-9!
DO: Faith is not automatic. Even after years of faith, we need to choose daily to keep following Jesus. Today, whether your life is difficult or easy, renew your commitment to the ways of Jesus.
PRAY: Even when it doesn't make sense, O God, I choose to place my trust in you.
Do you ever feel like you don’t know what to pray or how to pray? Do you feel your prayers are not getting above the ceiling? In Luke 11:1 we read, “Now it came to pass, as He was praying in a certain place, when He ceased, that one of His disciples said to Him, ‘Lord, teach us to pray….’” This is a request God loves to answer! As we look at what is traditionally called the Lord’s Prayer (found in Lk. 11 and Mt. 6), we’ll see an outline for prayer that models how Jesus prayed.
One of the best ways is to use a scripture to pray for that request. Instead of merely praying the same old, “God Bless so-and-so” or “Lord, would you touch and heal them” again, you can use a Bible verse, or series of verses as your guide to prayer.
Topic: Using the Model Prayer for A Prayer Request
You can use the 6 petitions of the Model Prayer as a way pray for that request that is on your heart. It would go something like this:
1. The first request is “Hallowed Be Your Name.” So, whatever your request is, pray that God would be glorified in this person, or situation.
2. The second request is “Your Kingdom Come.” So here we would pray that people would be saved, or grow spiritually; that God’s kingdom purposes would be advanced through this prayer request.
3. The third request is “Your Will Be Done.” So here we pray that not our ideas, or plans, or will, would be done in this person, or situation, but God’s.
4. The fourth request is “Give Us This Day Our Daily Bread.” That speaks about our need, so here we would pray that God would provide whatever need is present in this person or request.
5. The fifth request is “Forgive us our debts.” Here we ask God would grant forgiveness. If it is a personal request, we might ask God to forgive US for our sins which might be hindering the request from happening. If it is a request for another person, we might ask Him to forgive them for any sins which are hindering their relationship with Him, or keeping the answer from coming.
6. The final request is “Lead us not into temptation.” Here we pray for spiritual protection for the person, or the people, involved in this request, that they would not be tempted in any way towards evil.
Join us as Pastor Ryan walks us through how to examine ourselves. You don't want to miss this one!
How are you feeling emotionally?
What did you read/hear/learn today?
What are you thankful for?
What are you asking the Holy Spirit to do in you and through you?
What Could I Have Done Differently?
What will you do tomorrow to move forward with Christ?
If colder weather and shorter days cause you to feel the winter blues, you’re not alone. It’s not uncommon to experience fatigue, sadness, difficulty concentrating, and a disruption in your sleep schedule during the winter season. In this episode Pastor Ryan gives us some great tips on staying healthy emotionally, Physically and Spiritually during the 126 days.
The Daily Examen is a technique of prayerful reflection on the events of the day in order to detect God’s presence and discern his direction for us. The Examen is an ancient practice in the Church that can help us see God’s hand at work in our whole experience. Pastor Ryan walks us through practicing the presence of God!
Episodes with music are only available on Spotify.
What is the SOAP Bible Study Method?
Having a method for reading the Bible helps you get into a routine each time you study. It helps you get in the right frame of mind for study. You’ll find that having a simple Bible study method helps you to better apply God’s Word to your life. Pastor Ryan walks us through the SOAP Method!